Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dawn&Ronnie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-05-2011, 08:18 AM

Update of Ronnie after operation

well as you remember Ronnie was projectile vometing and was extremley constipated, the vets operated on her and took samples of her intestine stomach wall and lymph nodes of the pancrius.

they have found out that she is food interolerant, which i did guess because at 3 weeks old she was extremly ill and passing adult worms very worm bound.

so they suggested putting her on to chappie i have always been feeing her the frozen mince from tesco and she has been fine on that but its obv not really enough for her.
So i bought a bag of the complete dried chicken chappie, then tried her on some of the tins of chappie.

well she started to be sick again with the tins of chappie so that is a no no, i went away to a conference on thursday and came back on saturday on sunday morning i noticed that Ronnie was still malting or so i thought, till she rolled on to her back and her chest hair is extremly thin, and you can just put your hands there and pull it out, then i noticed that there were bald patches coming up.

i knew in my heart it is a food intolerance so i rang my vet (luckily they are open on sundays) and they have agreed with me that it is a food intolerance, so i sat down with my Fiancee last night and we went through everything she has been eating over the past month, the only thing new is Chappie so i done a big of research and have found out that she is allergic to soya.

so now iam on the hunt for a food that i can give her in the mornings that is for a sensative tummy dog.
Ideally a complete biscuit with out soya oil
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-05-2011, 08:24 AM
Originally Posted by Dawn&Ronnie View Post
so now iam on the hunt for a food that i can give her in the mornings that is for a sensative tummy dog.
Ideally a complete biscuit with out soya oil
Hi Dawn , poor little dog.
How about Wafcol Salmon and Potato..

Cereal Free. Free from wheat, soya, maize, barley, rye, oats, red meat, poultry, dairy, white fish and all artificial colours and flavours
http://www.wafcol.co.uk/wafcol-adult-dog-food-range.php