Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2009, 08:58 AM

Grrr Computers

I couldn't get Clives computer at home to switch onto windows yesterday, just kept getting the same error message.

Not to be outdone I popped upstairs and got my laptop out, got it all set up and it wouldn't connect to the internet I tried for 2 hours to get online...I was furious and desperate...you don't realise how much a chat on here becomes such a habit.

Anyway, I'm at the unit today and the first thing I did was log on to see what I'd missed on Dogsey...I'm not hooked, honest

We've spoken to the chap that mended Clives computer a few months ago and he is going to have a look at it, but he thinks its something serious...I have a feeling I may be camping out at the unit for the foreseeable future
mrphilip
Dogsey Junior
Male 

19-02-2009, 10:14 PM
Don't doubt your experts advice in one way.

I make the following suggestions.

Do you still have your Windows' set up disc?

If you do - try putting it in the drive and restart the machine.

It might start up - and if it does - you might be able to reinstall Windows. That could get you going again.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2009, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by mrphilip View Post
Don't doubt your experts advice in one way.

I make the following suggestions.

Do you still have your Windows' set up disc?

If you do - try putting it in the drive and restart the machine.

It might start up - and if it does - you might be able to reinstall Windows. That could get you going again.

Thanks very much for the advice, the chap who is going to repair it asked us to take the discs with us, however, Clive decided to see if it would work tonight and it got to the same error message, counted down to 27 and then switched itself off completely...its never done that before, and it wouldn't come back on at all...I wonder if it is completely broken now.

If we can get it back on tomorrow I'll do that with the disks and see if we can get anywhere with it. In the meantime I've pinched his woggle from the unit and been able to get online using my laptop, thank goodness