Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2010, 06:04 AM

Good morning Dogsey peeps - Wednesday!

Morning all,

Midweek already and it’s all downhill from now on to the weekend. I’m looking for decent weather on Saturday so here’s hoping.

I’m in a presentation this morning on reducing our carbon footprint in the office. We already recycle like crazy and only print when absolutely necessary. Not sure what else we can do. The eco-friendly light bulb in the ladies loo doesn’t seem like a big enough effort – personally I hate the bloody things and won’t have them in the house....... ah well!

Have a great day, everyone, and stay safe.

Today's gem:
Look at life through the windshield, not the rear-view mirror.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2010, 06:21 AM
Morning vicki and all,
Just got back from a horrible walk with the dogs. Every cat in the neighbourhood seemed to be sitting in wait for us this morning and Shady is a nightmare with them.
One 5 mins from home sat right in the middle of the footpath and refused to move despite both dogs kicking off at it and me hanging on for dear life so I had to struggle to turn round and go all the way back we had come.
To top it off I got home opened the back door and there is a cat in the garden. I grabbed Shadys collar and she pulled me over down my back door step flat on my face, but still I held on as I didn't want her leaping at the fence and hurting her leg.
I am now rather grazed and sore but at least her leg is ok.
Surely the day can only get better can't it?
Hope everyone else has a better start. Take care.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2010, 06:35 AM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning vicki and all,
Just got back from a horrible walk with the dogs. Every cat in the neighbourhood seemed to be sitting in wait for us this morning and Shady is a nightmare with them.
One 5 mins from home sat right in the middle of the footpath and refused to move despite both dogs kicking off at it and me hanging on for dear life so I had to struggle to turn round and go all the way back we had come.
To top it off I got home opened the back door and there is a cat in the garden. I grabbed Shadys collar and she pulled me over down my back door step flat on my face, but still I held on as I didn't want her leaping at the fence and hurting her leg.
I am now rather grazed and sore but at least her leg is ok.
Surely the day can only get better can't it?
Hope everyone else has a better start. Take care.
Morning Bev - good grief, what a start to your day! Hope it improves honey x0x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-09-2010, 06:50 AM
Morning Vicki, morning Shane, morning all.

Hope the meeting goes ok Vicki. I am not a lover of the energy saving light bulbs either. I hate the shape of them.

Oh dear Bev hope you are ok. Silly cats you would think they would of worked it out by now that cat hating dogs live here.

Another wet walk here this morning. Some shopping later.

Sofas are here after 3 phone calls because they didn't phone me as they said they would too advise of delivery times. Angry letter too be typed and sent off now then the whole episode can be laid too rest I shan't be dealing with Tesco direct again. At least the two delivery men were nice cheerful chaps, I shall be mentioning that in my rant.

Have a good day all.
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2010, 06:52 AM
Morning all,
its actually dry today off training this morning, wont be in when the carer comes this morning,lets hope someone tows the line when she comes! off to see a friend this afternoon and she has requested I make a cake...............enjoy cake making..............but God can I make a mess
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2010, 06:58 AM
Morning Vicki, morning all. Dry but overcast here again this morning.

I'm a bit deflated today as my brother is on his way back to Canada after 10 years here. Mum and dad will be lost without him and we'll all miss him dreadfully but he has to do what's best for him

Have a good Wednesday all
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2010, 08:46 AM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Vicki, morning Shane, morning all.

Hope the meeting goes ok Vicki. I am not a lover of the energy saving light bulbs either. I hate the shape of them.

Oh dear Bev hope you are ok. Silly cats you would think they would of worked it out by now that cat hating dogs live here.

Another wet walk here this morning. Some shopping later.

Sofas are here after 3 phone calls because they didn't phone me as they said they would too advise of delivery times. Angry letter too be typed and sent off now then the whole episode can be laid too rest I shan't be dealing with Tesco direct again. At least the two delivery men were nice cheerful chaps, I shall be mentioning that in my rant.

Have a good day all.
Morning Lynn

Originally Posted by Rookgeordiegirl View Post
Morning all,
its actually dry today off training this morning, wont be in when the carer comes this morning,lets hope someone tows the line when she comes! off to see a friend this afternoon and she has requested I make a cake...............enjoy cake making..............but God can I make a mess
Morning Jeanette

Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Morning Vicki, morning all. Dry but overcast here again this morning.

I'm a bit deflated today as my brother is on his way back to Canada after 10 years here. Mum and dad will be lost without him and we'll all miss him dreadfully but he has to do what's best for him

Have a good Wednesday all
Morning J - x0x
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-09-2010, 08:48 AM
Morning all. Sitting in the computer room at uni waiting for my lecture- I only have to be here for an hour today and paid nearly £17 for the privelidge hope everyone has a good day.
CovetKaty
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-09-2010, 09:47 AM
Morning all

Vicki, we had something like that recently which resulted in this mass turning off of lights/equipment that didn't need to be on. It's rather annoying when you're carrying a 25kg bag of popcorn out the cupboard and the hallway is pitch black >.<

Onto today: Spent last night planning my homemade christmas and am continuing to do so this morning Got my car back last night so need to book it in for it's retest as well as call HMRC and possibly have a shouting match over my tax rebate I'm STILL owed.
I feel an adventure to hobby craft coming on when I get paid, which is most definatly a bad thing for my bank account!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2010, 11:07 AM
Morning everyone

Well I kept getting woken up by the cat and then again by Dougal wanting out at 6am. So I'm afraid I was REALLY lazy, I went back to bed and just got up 15 mins ago.

I'm not going anywhere today! It's piddling down here, so books today!