Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2013, 06:52 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily Thread (Wednesday)

Good morning all ,

It was still pitch black when the dogs asked to go out at 6.15 this morning which told me that we should all still have been in bed It is much warmer this morning and there is a fine drizzle so no sign of jack frost I'm off to visit my Mum today (dogs in tow) and will be picking up an elderly ex-neighbour of hers. They haven't seen each other for nearly three years so I think Marjorie will be in for quite a shock, although I have forewarned her on the phone .

I hope any poorly people or dogs are well and truly on the mend today and the sick bay is rapidly emptying

See you all later.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2013, 07:16 AM
Morning Jenny and everyone else

Hope you have a good journey this morning up to your mum's, and let's hope she remembers that old neighbour and they can have a good old natter.

I think I've actually got one of those "me" days today Yep, just drop the keys off at the van and put them in the keysafe as they want to load some stuff today into the spare bedroom, then the world is my oyster this morning,yayyyy

It's not raining here Jen, just cold and dark still, so I'll be getting out early with Zena before it arrives.

I might book myself into the osteopath for a couple of sessions just to sort my lower back out, it's giving me real jip after having lifted stuff with Dave again. When will he realise I'm old and frail now and can't lift things with him anymore. I might get him a little friend who lives locally, someone with big muscles.

Hope everyone is recovering from their ailments, there seems to be more and more people coughing in Sainsburys but that's not unusual just before Christmas is it.

Oh well, better get a move on, and I'll catch up later.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-11-2013, 07:29 AM
Morning Jenny. You were got up early.
Enjoy your visit with your mum. I hope your mums friend isn't too shocked by the change you can prepare them but I think its never enough till they see it for themselves.
Safe journey.

Dillon woke me at just gone 6.30 this morning. He was funny last night he slept down here for the first time since we moved here.
He doesn't like the stairs as they are but has always insisted on coming up there every night. The last couple of nights he seems to of struggled to get up them and won't come down them on his own and has been having his cuddle then got restless and got me out of bed to go down then out for a few minutes then back to bed and settle for the night except for Friday and the weekend when Gorden is home and he settles straight away. So repeat it last night go to bed have our cuddle a disagreement about him nibbling the pillows and quilt cover then asking to go down to go out he did have a funny couldn't catch his breath instance so down we go few minutes out then in laid by the sofa and stayed there while I went back to bed.
He was very bouncy this morning when I came down been out had a play now laying down and waiting for his breakfast.
Needless to say I didn't sleep very well listening for him and half expecting having to go and get him to bring him back upstairs.

I have sort of flicked through the rest of last nights thread and seen the funny combinations of food is this for sandwiches or toast ? I like peanut butter and jam on toast.
Quiet day today might marzipan Mark and Traceys Christmas cake today in case I go over to see mum Friday then I can pop that in. Gorden may be working from home Friday.

Hoping you are feeling better today Jenny 1.
Toe is feeling better today Moyra.
Ribs are healing June.
Arm is feeling better Pat.
Get well (((hugs))) for anyone else that needs them.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2013, 07:36 AM
Morning Lynn, sounds like Dillon could do with a stairlift there I remember when Zena was a teenager and she'd never, ever been upstairs cos she wasn't allowed, but one day she came up there when she heard Dave and I laughing a lot, BUT, she couldn't get back down again, she just stood at the top staring at them. There was no way we were going to get her down, so Dave had to sit on the stairlift, put her on his lap and travel back down that way

Talking of Zena, when I was playing with her on the floor last night with her new chicken, she spun around behind me at one point, and when I turned around, she had that bad leg kind of sticking out to the side of her, and she sat there holding it up Blooming 'eck, I thought this looks bad, but I got hold of it, rubbed it, and up into the shoulder and then she went berserk cos it cured it lol! I ought to tell the vet about that, cos it was almost like it had come out of something
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-11-2013, 07:44 AM
Morning Helena Dillon has been kept off the stairs back at the other house very occasionally he was allowed up but mostly off and never up at bedtime that was his choice as a pup.
These stairs are very steep and he kind of has his back end at his front end up and down and coming down he stays beside us we hold on the rail which also means you are hugging his neck then the back end catches up with the front end and he turns the corner and is off.
Oh dear wonder what that is then with Zena's leg might be worth mentioning to the vet.
Dillon looked like he got cramp the other morning in his back leg. When he was younger he did look like he got a dead leg and would drag it for a bit. But he does have the slight problem with his hips and that toe he damaged.
At least after rub it gets better. They do worry us don't they.
Enjoy your me day.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2013, 08:09 AM
Helena I hope you enjoy a very rare 'me' day I bet you find something to do 'cos I cannot imagine you sitting with your feet up reading a book I wonder what happened to Zena leg last night You'll have to tell her to stop playing like a puppy and act her age Enjoy your walk.
Lynn Dillon's antics and the stairs made me chuckle. My two aren't allowed upstairs and are stopped by a stair gate. However, there has the odd occasion when it has been left ajar and of course, the grass is always greener scenario and they've gone up. They too sat at the top and could not fathom how to get down Flash soon enough came down but Rucksack was totally flummoxed by them .... odd because they charge up and down the steps to the garden
I hope Dillon is a good boy for your walk today.

Its very quiet here this morning. I'm off to get dressed and then walk the dogs before I set off to see Mum. See you all later.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2013, 08:55 AM
Morning Jenny and all!
Dry here and much warmer, bit of a breeze which I hope will dry the washing. I have taken all the throws off the living room furniture
Helena, good luck with the osteo, you must start reminding Dave that you can no longer lift things like you could Poor Zena that leg is becoming a worry
Lynn, I hope Dillon is ok today. He is a big dog to negotiate those stairs isn't he. A big cuddle and plenty of treats in order I think
Pepsi hasn't got stairs to worry about, we are in a bungalow

I am now officially known as Coffee in this house. I drink the stuff non stop and now I still can't stop coughing, especially at night. everyone is fed up
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2013, 09:07 AM
Morning all

I am rushing about as my sister is due any minute, we are off to cousins bungalow to continue working on it. I have two people coming out to advise and quote on new boiler.

It's Pip's and sister Yandi's 4th birthday today, how did that happen!! Only seems yesterday they were pups.

Have a good day all.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2013, 09:14 AM
Nippy
Calling you coffee? What an unsympathetic bunch your lot are. (Are you sure our families are not related?) It's not the cough that carries you off it's the coffin they carry you offin! But, you can stop coughing now - it's starting to get on my nerves!

Jenny
Hope your mum visit goes smoothly. I don't think it's such a bad thing that others who knew her see her as she is now - but will probably be more of a shock to anyone who hasn't seen the 'gradual changes'.

Helena
One of your 'me' days is busier than one of my 'busy' days! But I'm glad you've got tenants going in - you won't be able to find reasons to keep going back and forth as you'll have to leave them in peace!

Hope your osteo can bring some relief. Regarding Zena's leg it occurred to me that often a visit to the osteo will relieve pain I've been suffering for days with just one clever manouevre or stretch or whatever. Why shouldn't it sometimes be the same for dogs? That they've put something out of alignment, or a nerve is being pinched, or a muscle knotted? All things that can be greatly relieved by manipulation usually.

Re you finding someone younger and stronger to assist Dave - well any excuse will do I suppose for you to go checking out fit young blokes in the vicinity! 'show us yer muscles' lol!

Lynn
This made me laugh out loud ...
Hoping you are feeling better today Jenny 1.
Toe is feeling better today Moyra.
Ribs are healing June.
Arm is feeling better Pat.
Get well (((hugs))) for anyone else that needs them.
Blimmin' 'eck the list is getting so long lol! Head and shoulders knees and toes lol!

Bella couldn't go up and down stairs properly at Jen's last house. They'd been built to accommodate conversion and risers were slightly higher than normal and treads were shorter front to back than normal. She'd get front legs on, go to bring up back ones and because of her longish body, would topple backwards. I couldn't bluddy go up and down them safely either at that time. Was no fun trying to get down them and helping Bella too!

I do NOT miss stairs AT ALL. And I also love living where it is all mostly level and flat for walking too. Well it usually is if you are that close to big beaches. I can find little hilly bits if I want them in the mountains and down at the lake even. Stairs are not good for knees. They are after all an unnatural invention!

*I've taken lots of pics this morning on our long walk. And I hope to go up on the roof here when I've got some clothes back on and take some of the surrounding area while it isn't TOO bright and blazing sunny. Get better pics if it isn't. Bella is always 'funny' when up on the huge roof - it spans two blocks at right angles and has all sorts of solar panels, water tanks, TV aerials and booster pumps up there for her to go and have a sniff at.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-11-2013, 09:39 AM

Would some kind soul please tell me what I have been doing for the last five hours only I was up at 6.30am and it is now gone 11.30pm and nothing I read is sinking in so I might as well have stayed in bed.

Ah - I have grated a load of carrots and kohlrabi for Da Booga, and have managed a telephone call to the poulterers in the shuk to ask them to please bring me 5 or 6 kilos of chicken backs, cut in half [they live on the Moshav so will deliver and I will pay on when it is brought here] - only I forgot the word for "cut" because my single brain cell is rapidly shrinking but luckily she knew what I wanted but I had better do a bit more freezer shuffling to make sure I have room to open freeze.

Da Booger eats better than I do but I am not jealous, honestly I am not.

Hope all is well with everyone - will have a ketchup with my coffee!
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »