Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2010, 02:29 PM

Season... help! :)

Well, I'm like a new mum panicking about Portia! She's just come into season (her last, we get her spayed after this season when it's safe to) - and is spotting a bit of blood - which is a little unsightly and not very pleasant - is there anything I can do about this? I mean, obviosuly I can't stop her bleeding I know, but does anyone have any tips for a bitch in season?

xx
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-06-2010, 03:32 PM
All hail man bits!

you can get 'period pants' for them. I saw them in PAH the other day when i was looking for a boot for my boys poorly foot.

on the same topic i was doubled over with laughter whilst browsing said 'health' shelf. was going along the shelf, wormers, flea treatment, breath freshner, then come across an aerosol can marked:

BITCH
SPRAY

am going to be purchasing a can for comedy present value
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2010, 03:35 PM
I was going to suggest those pants too, but have no experience using them (on dogs, I wear knickers myself I hasten to add!! )

As for Bitch Spray - Sid would say I use that once a month
littlefoot
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-06-2010, 03:42 PM
Last dog I had here that was in season constantly cleaned herself, so we didn't get any spotting. I think the best bet is to have her in a crate or kitchen during the night and get some of those pants the others have mentioned for through the day.
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2010, 04:28 PM
I had heard about the pants, but can't find them anywhere. Will have another hunt tomorrow. Still, it's not the end of the world to have to clean up after her It's only the one season anyway before she's spayed.

xx
Double Trouble
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-06-2010, 04:37 PM
I have used the perion pants but my girl chews em off!
You should be able to get them from any good pet shop - and I have in the past seen them on Ebay.
I don't bother with my girl now - we have hard floors aqnd I just keep a mop handy.
Double Trouble
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-06-2010, 04:38 PM
Here ya go!
This is what you are looking for.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MIKKI-HYGIENE-...item53e105ad52
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2010, 04:41 PM
Ours have always kept them selves clean - with the very rare odd spot, mainy in the dogs beds if anywhere, which are easy to wash.
Some girls dont keep them selves clean, and they can become abit smelly.
I have never personallyed tried the panties, and i dont think i would bother either.
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-06-2010, 05:05 PM
As has been said in-season bitches usually pay quite a bit of attention to their "parts" and clean themselves up, but it doesn't hurt to help a bit. Try some of the baby skin-care wipes (unscented) or a dampened cloth, and give her a bit of a rub over now and then - this may encourage her to do it for herself as well.
I bought some of the bitch spray once, which I think is intended to help reduce her attractiveness to other dogs, but I didn't find it much use - even though the perfume of it is OK - I don't think it would fool a dog for one minute.
Pants I have never tried - seem to me to look ridiculous and mine would tear them off anyway.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2010, 05:30 PM
I was told not to use the pants as they're unhygenic? Codee was really clean, she was quite 'heavy' on her last one and she kept herself in order, I also kept baby wipes to wipe her and anti bacterial wipes for the floors.
All I would say is make sure you know where she is 24/7 and keep her on a lead outside the home, I was fortunate that Codee didn't seem all that bothered about getting out apart from that last week.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >