Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

16-12-2011, 07:41 PM

Sammy - 1 year old male Patterdale Terrier

Sammy, Patterdale Terrier, DOB 12.10 - Gatwick, Surrey

Homing Requirements: Sammy could live as a second dog or as an only dog. Main criteria is that the family attends training classes to support her skill acquisition. Sammy needs experience behind her to help her settle on walks and meet and greet. She has always been on lead outside. Could live with dog savvy children if terrier experienced i.e forgiving of her terrier traits.

Her Story: Sammy was homed as a pup in with another dog (unknown breed) and 2 children under 4 years old. Sammy arrived in another rescue without the owners even knowing her breed. Her owners were being evicted so had to give up their dogs. Sammy is fully vac'd, spayed and chipped. Now in boarding kennels in Gatwick.

Advert: Sammy has done very well, despite growing up within a young family who managed her, without understanding and guiding her terrier temperament. The bathroom was used when they were out and to stop her nervous barking when visitors came, which apparently worked! She is not fully housetrained. She was apparently walked but isn't settled outside. She barks when she meets new people as she is scared, but soon settles and accepts, displaying attempts to befriend, like pushing her cheek on to your hand. Sammy's energy can get whipped up and the worst she has done is catch at a stranger's trousers. She was fine with 'her children'. Her play with the other dog was lively and intense apparently. Sammy soon befriends dogs also.

Sammy is an attractive Patterdale, wire-haired black with a white flash on her chest. She needs a family around her, loving her Pattie gifts. She is still very young and her loving nature drives her forwards to overcome her nerves. She will settle and learn to get a handle on her terrier energy and instincts as she matures. Needs friendships and an understanding family to love her through her mishaps and help her to 'grow into her skin'. This is Sammy in her hour of need.'

“Please note this dog is currently in boarding kennels and is also available for foster until a 'forever' home is found".

If you are interested in re-homing please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.

***PLEASE NOTE: We are a rescue finding dogs their forever homes. We usually ask for a minimum donation of £150 at the time of adoption, for each dog, to help us continue helping homeless dogs***.
Phoenix85
New Member!
Female 

17-12-2011, 12:48 AM
I'd happily foster her until a home can be found. I have 2 children aged 5 and 7 who are both dog savvy and used to being around dogs. I also have a 14 week old male puppy who is good with other dogs.
I live near Bradford though so realise distnace may be an issue.
Hope she gets a forever home soon, she's adorable.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

17-12-2011, 07:00 AM
Originally Posted by Phoenix85 View Post
I'd happily foster her until a home can be found. I have 2 children aged 5 and 7 who are both dog savvy and used to being around dogs. I also have a 14 week old male puppy who is good with other dogs.
I live near Bradford though so realise distnace may be an issue.
Hope she gets a forever home soon, she's adorable.
If you are prepared to travel please complete our foster questionnaire via our website. Thank you.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

07-01-2012, 06:19 PM
Sammy is currently in foster and still available for adoption. Could you offer Sammy a home?

If you are interested in re-homing Sammy please complete our homing questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

25-02-2012, 09:24 PM
This dog has found their forever home!
Closed Thread