Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2008, 10:27 PM

weimaraner dog

hi, these pics are of my mums dog-he is gunalt lines he is not a show dog himself hence the dodgy pics lol but is trained to the gun-id like to know what you think but i dont think the pics are very flattering. they are all adult pics.

breed standard

General Appearance
Medium-sized, grey with light eyes. Presents a picture of power, stamina and balance.

Characteristics
Hunting ability of paramount concern.

Temperament
Fearless, friendly, protective, obedient and alert.

Head and Skull
Moderately long, aristocratic; moderate stop, slight median line extending back over forehead. Rather prominent occipital bone. Measurement from top of nose to stop equal to measurement from stop to occipital prominence. Flews moderately deep, enclosing powerful jaw. Foreface straight, and delicate at the nostrils. Skin tightly drawn. Nose grey.

Eyes
Medium-sized, round. Shades of amber or blue-grey. Placed far enough apart to indicate good disposition, not too protruding or deeply set. Expression keen, kind and intelligent.

Ears
Long, lobular, slightly folded, set high. When drawn alongside jaw, should end approximately 2.5 cms (1 in) from point of nose.

Mouth
Jaws strong with a perfect, regular and complete scissor bite, i.e. upper teeth closely overlapping lower teeth and set square to the jaws. Lips and gums of pinkish, flesh colour. Complete dentition highly desirable.

Neck
Clean-cut and moderately long.

Forequarters
Forelegs straight and strong. Measurement from elbow to ground equal to distance from elbow to top of withers.

Body
Length of body from highest point of withers to root of tail should equal the measurement from the highest point of withers to ground. Topline level, with slightly sloping croup. Chest well developed, deep. Shoulders well laid. Ribs well sprung, ribcage extending well back. Abdomen firmly held, moderately tucked-up flank. Brisket should drop to elbow.

Hindquarters
Moderately angulated, with well turned stifle. Hocks well let down, turned neither in nor out. Musculation well developed.

Feet
Firm, compact. Toes well arched, pads close, thick. Nails short, grey or amber in colour. Dew claws customarily removed.

Tail
Previously customarily docked.
Docked: Customarily docked so that remaining tail covers scrotum in dogs and vulva in bitches. Thickness of tail in proportion to body. Should be carried in a manner expressing confidence and sound temperament. In long-haired, tip of tail may be removed.
Undocked: Moderately set, thickness in proportion to body. Reaching down to hocks and tapering towards the tip. Carried below level of back when relaxed; may be raised when animated. Not curled over back. Good hair cover.

Gait/Movement
Effortless, ground covering, indicating smooth co-ordination. Seen from rear, hind feet parallel to front feet. Seen from side, topline remains strong and level.

Coat
Short, smooth and sleek. In long-haired variety, coat from 2.5-5 cms (1-2 ins) long on body, somewhat longer on neck, chest and belly. Tail and back of limbs, feathered.

Colour
Preferably silver grey, shades of mouse or roe grey permissible; blending to lighter shade on head and ears. Dark eel stripe frequently occurs along back. Whole coat gives an appearance of metallic sheen. Small white mark permissible on chest. White spots resulting from injuries not penalised.

Size
Height at withers: dogs: 61-69 cms (24-27 ins); bitches: 56-64 cms (22-25 ins).

Faults
Any departure from the foregoing points should be considered a fault and the seriousness with which the fault should be regarded should be in exact proportion to its degree and its effect upon the health and welfare of the dog, and on the dog’s ability to perform its traditional work.

Note
Male animals should have two apparently normal testicles fully descended into the scrotum.

Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-12-2008, 10:29 PM
Chris_Collins
Dogsey Junior
Male 

02-01-2009, 08:00 AM
Only thing I can see is that the front seems disproportionately larger than the rear - deep chest vs 'gangly' legs? Could be pics tho..

Weimies rock tho, especially the longer haired variety!
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2009, 10:49 AM
lol i think that might be the pictures-ill try and find some that show him standing correctly-hes quite 'big' all ove, including his back end lol. but i think he has got slightly longer leg than desired.
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2009, 01:48 PM
He's absolutely gorgeous! No objectivity at all. I just love GSPs, Weimys and Viszlas, especially the nutty temperament and endless energy.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2009, 04:31 PM
thats smoke alright-although he is now 5 he has decided to start acting a LITTLE bit like an adult!
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2009, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by gsdmad View Post
thats smoke alright-although he is now 5 he has decided to start acting a LITTLE bit like an adult!
He's matured early!! My GSPs all think they are Peter Pan!!!
Devilstar
New Member!
Female 

23-01-2009, 09:28 PM

Just to point you out some faults. Firstly, his ears seem set much too far back on his head.. unless these pictures are fooling me around.. they must be close to the EYE LINE and reach the bottom of his JOWL whatever the length.

Secondly, his body seems just that little bit too ROUNDED near the hind legs. The Weim often has "squared off" body line and although your's isn't too noticable, it can see been seen and classed as a fault within him.

Other than that, his eyes are great, legs strong, great stance and exellent looking tail. He is a very beautiful all the same.
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2009, 09:37 PM
He is stunning.

Can I just ask something though? Why does he not have ID tag on the first two pics?
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2009, 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by jesterjenn View Post
He is stunning.

Can I just ask something though? Why does he not have ID tag on the first two pics?
Are you serious? I think that is a little inappropriate for the thread?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >