View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Panda84
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-05-2010, 08:39 AM
Panda was very fussy (and still can be) he is 12 and a half weeks old now and I was worrying he wasn't eating enough but I think I expected him to have to eat more and eat the packages recommended amounts which he doesn't seem to need. We give him Wainrights dry now and that's all he gets. I know he likes it as he has eaten it enthusiastically when first given and will eat it as training treats so if he just looks at it and walks away, he gets 15 minutes to change his mind then I take it up and he has to wait till his next feed (he is still on 4 feeds a day) sometimes I can hear his tummy rumbling and I know he will eat his next meal
Chico's Mum
New Member!
Female 

16-05-2010, 05:09 AM
Thanks Barbella for the Thread and to all who have contributed.
I am having same problems with my puppy but now have some sound advice with which to work from.
RFM
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-05-2010, 06:39 AM
My Andy is 9.5 years old and we have dealt with picky eating since he was 8 months old. There are times when he simply won't eat...we put the food down, leave it for 10-15 minutes and then put it up if he won't eat. We feed twice a day and sometimes he will go a day or so without eating if he is in a mood. Sometimes, he picks half of it out of the bowl and leaves it on the ground for our other dog to come eat.

His weight is perfect and he has plenty of energy. Our vet told us that it could be a dominance trait in him and we had to make it very clear to him that we controlled the food, thus were the dominant ones. It's seems to have worked, even when he has his snits.
KelliJasper
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-05-2010, 06:59 AM
I use a Vitamin Mineral Supplement called Fido-Vite Flexx that makes dogs love to eat their food even if their picky.
You just sprinkle it over or mix it into their food.
It improves their health on all levels greatly too, inside and out. It helps everything, skin problems, infections, joints, muscles, shiny coats, everything!
http://www.fido-vite.com/index.html
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-05-2010, 07:19 AM
Originally Posted by KelliJasper View Post
I use a Vitamin Mineral Supplement called Fido-Vite Flexx that makes dogs love to eat their food even if their picky.
You just sprinkle it over or mix it into their food.
It improves their health on all levels greatly too, inside and out. It helps everything, skin problems, infections, joints, muscles, shiny coats, everything!
http://www.fido-vite.com/index.html
Hi Keli you get the same effect if you feed a good quality food like this one...
http://www.darlingsrealdogfood.com/
..there is no need for supplements then. Many supplements are very expensive and the money would be better spent on food.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2