Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
The Visitor
New Member!
Male 

28-06-2007, 11:33 PM
HI'
Is it policy on this forum to lock the thread if someone is asking a question. If you don't like the question lock them out, but it is ok for certain folk's to voice their opinion, and say what they like. So much for freedom of speech,looks to me you have a nice little gang going.
Visitor
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2007, 11:36 PM
What question do you want answered 'Visitor' ?
The Visitor
New Member!
Male 

28-06-2007, 11:41 PM
Hi'
I put a question to clipper, but it seems her pals would like to lock me out. I can't see what the problem is, as she was talking about all the points her dogs have gained. I rekon she must be showing every week to gain so many points. Am I saying the wrong thing?
Visitor
Azz
Administrator
Male 

28-06-2007, 11:42 PM
Originally Posted by The Visitor View Post
HI'
Is it policy on this forum to lock the thread if someone is asking a question. If you don't like the question lock them out, but it is ok for certain folk's to voice their opinion, and say what they like. So much for freedom of speech,looks to me you have a nice little gang going.
Visitor
Perhaps the visitor needs to read our Posting Guidelines. In addition, please read the sticky thread in this section. This section is a 'Member group' which comes with some additional posting guidelines.
The Visitor
New Member!
Male 

28-06-2007, 11:46 PM
Hi'
you might have a point there, I will do just that,that way I might be able to ask a simple question without being seen as a so called trouble maker.
Thank's for your advice.
Visitor
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2007, 11:53 PM
Originally Posted by The Visitor View Post
HI'
Is it policy on this forum to lock the thread if someone is asking a question.
Not if a sensible question is asked, no.

If you don't like the question lock them out, but it is ok for certain folk's to voice their opinion, and say what they like. So much for freedom of speech,looks to me you have a nice little gang going.
Visitor

Excuse me ? I started this thread for the benefit of one persons point of view, [ a pov I don`t personally agree with nor understand as it goes ], so if that is`nt giving freedom of speech I don`t know what is !
That one person repeatedly slurred a specific charity event despite polite requests to desist but was still given the freedom to speak on the topic generally with considerable leeway.

You on the other hand, appear to have joined with the specific and sole intent of being unpleasant and for some reason you have targetted Clipper.
If you continue in that manner then yes I will ask for you to not be allowed to post in this particular member group, and no, not for having a `differing pov`, but for being plain rude toward another member who has been extremely gracious toward you.

My reason [ along with other posters ], for pondering that this thread may be concluded is simply because the specific topic has been discussed on every relevant angle and has therefore probably run its natural course.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2007, 11:54 PM
I have asked questions too that have gone unanswered, but I don't take it to heart, as there is so much to read and posts are easily missed.

If you feel that strongly about an answer, perhaps you should PM Clipper and ask the question that way !
Missysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-06-2007, 12:43 AM
Getting back on topic . I see no reason why dogs shown formally at KC shows should not be allowed to enter Companion Dog shows. As long as they meet the requirements stated on the schedule , ANY dog should be able to take part. My dog isn't registered. Her parents are , and her father is a champion. Her littermates died , and she wasn't expected to live either . She is a pedigree Staffordshire Bull Terrier , she just isn't KC reg. I honestly don't know how anyone could tell just by looking at a dog that it is registered and competes at KC shows . I'm sorry but I don't think people go to companion shows , dog in one hand and reg certificate and show results in the other ! . I recently took her to a Lurcher and Terrier Show. They had classes for Lurchers , Jack Russells ,Border and Lakeland Terriers , a class for crossbred terriers , and All Variety classes for Whippet , Crossbreed , A.V. Puppy , A.V. Gundog , A.V. Vetran , Any Other Terrier and Any Other Breed. Although this was a show primarily for "working " lurchers and terriers , everyone was made very welcome no matter what breed of dog they had. I entered Any Other Terrier and didn't get placed. I was happy though as my dog behaved well . I also entered Any Other Breed (small bitch) and we were placed 2nd. This was a class of " pedigree" dogs , 12 of them if I remember correctly. I was so happy that I drove 30 odd miles home later that afternoon with a huge grin on my face. I would have been just as happy had I gone home empty handed ,(as I did 1 year ago from the same show!). We also had a run round a small fun agility course. Again , delighted as it was Missy's first full course , off lead , out in the open , at a show. Yeah , she knocked the last jump down but so what ! She enjoyed herself so much she was jumping them sideways and watching me at the same time. Oh , and we have done a beginners agility course , I've bought an Agility Record Book , and have the form to register her on the KC Activities Register. That didn't stop me from having a go though as the emphasis was on ENJOYING the show. That's what Companion Dog Shows are all about , not worrying about whether or not the other dogs are "formally" shown elsewhere . (sorry it's a long post )
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2007, 01:03 AM
Originally Posted by Missysmum View Post
I honestly don't know how anyone could tell just by looking at a dog that it is registered and competes at KC shows . I'm sorry but I don't think people go to companion shows , dog in one hand and reg certificate and show results in the other ! .
Theres me saying all points had probably been covered and you bring a very valid one in that has been missed by us all

You are so right, its not like Pedigree Show`ers have a big glowing arrow floating over head singling them out among the pet dog owners
I wonder how many people have beautifully presented pet dogs which have been mistaken for Show dogs simply because they looked `good enough` to go in a Breed ring - I`ll bet it would apply to a heck of a lot of dogs :smt001

[ Yes Show dogs are pets too, just simplifying the distinction for the ease of the discussion ]
Missysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-06-2007, 02:26 AM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
Theres me saying all points had probably been covered and you bring a very valid one in that has been missed by us all

You are so right, its not like Pedigree Show`ers have a big glowing arrow floating over head singling them out among the pet dog owners
I wonder how many people have beautifully presented pet dogs which have been mistaken for Show dogs simply because they looked `good enough` to go in a Breed ring - I`ll bet it would apply to a heck of a lot of dogs :smt001

[ Yes Show dogs are pets too, just simplifying the distinction for the ease of the discussion ]
Cheers Patch . Missy even wore her best half check collar and a new matching leather lead in the ring . My highly polished , champion sired , UNREGISTERED pedigree SBT got 2nd in a large mixed class. Hope I didn't upset anyone by making them think she's a show dog .
Closed Thread
Page 26 of 27 « First < 16 23 24 25 26 27 >