Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2009, 02:05 PM

Gobsmacked at Pets at Home

I am stunned at PAH.
I took a load of Chicken Nature Diet back to them this morning after having more problems with that flavour smelling disgusting.
I told them it smelt off and actually gave Shady and Milo a runny tum.
They exchanged it no problem for some other flavours, which I wanted but then as I was leaving the deputy manager said to a girl working there. Go and put this back on the shelf will you and she was handing her the stinky chicken ND..
I was so shocked I couldn't open my mouth to say anything. (very unlike me I know).
Its really bugging me now that they are will to sell it on again rather than return it to ND for a refund.
The other thing that has gone through my mind, what if I was some horrible sick twisted person and had injected each carton while I had it with something to kill or make dogs very sick.
I really can't believe they do this. Now I feel awful as some other poor unsuspecting person will come along and buy it.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2009, 02:07 PM
Gosh, that's not good at all. Can you write/email their head office to complain?
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2009, 02:17 PM
Thats not very good at all, I agree with Hali, complaining to the head office is a good idea.

What a careless manager as well though, for telling the girl to put it back on the shelf while you were still there. I know he shouldn't be putting it back on the shelf at all, but what a brainless fool!

x
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2009, 02:17 PM
That is really shocking. I'm a bit miffed about the Naturediet being smelly (even though they sent me replacements) because I'd heard it was really good.

I'd be like you - I would've been too shocked to say anything.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2009, 02:18 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Gosh, that's not good at all. Can you write/email their head office to complain?
Last time I contacted thier head office was because there was a dead budgie on the floor and lots more very sick ones in the aviary bit and they were selling them.
Head office got back to me and said they had spoken to them but I was obviously mistaken as no birds had been sick according to the manager and the store took a lot of pride in its care of the animals.
So if they are like that with creatures with feelings I don't think I will get far in proving what they have done with the food.
I wish I had discreetly marked each pack now, although they were so busy it could all well have been sold again by now.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2009, 02:24 PM
That's disgusting I'd contact head office, if it was me.

Postal address: Pets at Home Ltd
Epsom Ave
Stanley Green
Handforth
Cheshire
SK9 3RN

I can't find the head office e-mail address though.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2009, 02:27 PM
That's dreadful, poor dogs who will eat it.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-08-2009, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
I am stunned at PAH.
I took a load of Chicken Nature Diet back to them this morning after having more problems with that flavour smelling disgusting.
I told them it smelt off and actually gave Shady and Milo a runny tum.
They exchanged it no problem for some other flavours, which I wanted but then as I was leaving the deputy manager said to a girl working there. Go and put this back on the shelf will you and she was handing her the stinky chicken ND..
I was so shocked I couldn't open my mouth to say anything. (very unlike me I know).
Its really bugging me now that they are will to sell it on again rather than return it to ND for a refund.
The other thing that has gone through my mind, what if I was some horrible sick twisted person and had injected each carton while I had it with something to kill or make dogs very sick.
I really can't believe they do this. Now I feel awful as some other poor unsuspecting person will come along and buy it.
E,mail head office, and complain!!!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

31-08-2009, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Head office got back to me and said they had spoken to them but I was obviously mistaken as no birds had been sick according to the manager and the store took a lot of pride in its care of the animals.
Sadly this is typical of the world we live in now, so easy for the manager to deny anything and no way that Head Office can prove anything (Other than by secret visits and that would have to be on the day you were in there)

On the food thing I suppose it's possible some dogs would eat it but from what you said I know ours wouldn't

Still he could have waited until you'd left the shop before putting it back on the shelf

As for returning it to the suppler, well that would mean writing a letter, packing it up, paying for it to be returned, explaining to Head Office why it was returned, etc. all far too much effort for the modern day wanna be 'executive'
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-08-2009, 04:29 PM
OMG I would have complained immediatly!!!!
Please complain if you can. I would report the manager def.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >