Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ALexa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-07-2009, 05:34 PM

Wiccaweys needs your help - Food and Vets fees

This is a thread I am running on the Wiccs forum, if there is anyone on Dogsey that would like to help, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Once again I am starting a fundraising appeal on behalf of Wiccaweys

Im going to be honest and tell you all that things are desperate The Wiccaweys account is in minus figures at the moment and they still have the rest of last months rent to pay.

On top of that they are currently unable to pay the food bill for the order they have just placed and are having to put off going to the vets unless its and emergency as there are just no funds.

All three of these things are vital to the running of Wiccaweys - They have to have somewhere to live, food to feed the dogs (Did I mention Sarah and Paul are eating toast? I think ill be taking a food parcel next time in go) and in order to be a good rescue they have to provide medical care for the dogs. Agatha has just been diagnosed with mammory tumours and needs a strip to the tune of £500 - but this is essential treatment, without it Agatha could die.

Regrettably homings are down as they are at all rescues and all of the fundraisers that have been done recently i.e Midgemonsters long distance run and my 500 mile motorbike ride have been supporting the rescue and now its all gone.

If anyone is able to spare a few pennies, and I mean anything, even 50p here and there, then we would be hugely grateful. Im not over exaggerating or scaremongering but without serious help, Wiccaweys is going down. The forum will dissapear, and with it the Wiccaweys community, the advice we all rely on so much will no longer be available and all of the dogs that are in Wiccs and the many waiting to come in will not get the help they need. I personnally feel I owe Wiccs my support in any form I can give it. They have bought me 4 of the best things in my life, 3 of my dogs and one of my cats. I know others feel the same.

A sack of dog food costs approx £7 and they use 2-3 sacks a day
A spay at the vets is £90
A microchip is £10

This is just to give you an idea of some of the costs they face day in day out.

If you can donate, please contact me direct either by e-mail alexa_gordon82@yahoo.co.uk or by pm.