Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 06:32 PM

Help the Irish pound doggies

Not sure where this should go - rescue or dog walks or what so please move it if I have got it wrong

I am sure some of you rem that my Mia was rescued from the Irish dog pounds buy a fantastic Irish charity http://www.freewebs.com/dundalkdogs/

As a reminder here is the foto that won my heart - the little lady herself in the pound with less than a week to live

Dundalk dogs is a charity with no government help, they do such heartbreaking work visiting the pounds and trying to find homes for the dogs they see - and then hoping they can get the dogs out and somewhere safe in time
They then foster the dogs, quaranteen them and get all the medical work done before shipping them off to their new homes

My agility club is doing a sponsored dog walk this Sunday
Around Strathclyde park 10:30 am if anyone wants to say hello

and to make it a challange I am taking Ben and Mia - we have been working with her fear agression but it will be a big challange to manage the walk without putting her under too much stress

But I am rubbish at getting sponsorship! cannot ask people face to face!

I wondered if any of you kind hearted dogsey people would help?? I need to raise at least £5 to enter - and we are hoping between us all to raise £1000 - which is the amount the charity needs every month

You could either donate directly to Dundalk and let me know how much - or if you have paypal then you could send to me and I can send it all over in one go (and save them the processing fees)
There are so many kind hearts on dogsey that even 50p would be fab

admin - delete this if not alowed
Paypal me on pamduthie @ hotmail.com (remove the spaces)
I will (if I can work the camera and 2 dogs) to post up fotos of our walk

Thankyou all in advance
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 07:33 PM
The Irish Rescues are wonderful. My Shamus was going to be PTS and they rescued him. Dogs in Ireland are `not covered by welfare legislation` according to their gvt! There are some terrible stories - and some inspiring work done.
Have popped a little something in for you.
And Shamus says good on you!
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 08:24 PM
Thankyou!
It is just horrible to think of what is going on over there
But glad there are some angels over there too who do this work - I dont know if I could!
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2009, 10:51 PM
Hiya
Whats your paypal will send a £5 tomorrow
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2009, 12:43 AM
Thankyou hun!

my paypal is pamduthie @ hotmail.com (remove the spaces)

thankyou everyone who has sponsored me so far, you are all so kind, I am sure Ann in Ireland will be touched that so many people care about the work she and her people are doing