register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-08-2016, 03:16 PM
Having another episode of G.O.T then will get the girls veg done and watch Cash Trapped. Zens tea already done, bathroom clean, kitchen clean, oh I am so good.
Need to sit down for an hour or so now
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-08-2016, 03:55 PM
Afternoon everyone. Back from Grantham another waste of time had to ring the dealer to find exactly where they were and the car has to be checked over it has a problem. Nothing on the web site to tell you this teach us to ring first and he had no other estates.
Waiting for the girl to come and look at the peugeot that will boost my funds by a few pounds.
Waiting for a call about the BMW tourer if he still has it.
BMW and the Rover tourer get very good reviews.
Barry the earlier models of the x-trail do not have fold down flat seats or the ones we have seen don't. They do if you take the actual sitting on part of the seat out and then fold the back of the seat down. Can't afford a two year old I am afraid.

Hope everyone is having a good day.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2016, 04:12 PM
Well didn't know it was an elephant June.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2016, 05:31 PM
Here's is Pepsi enjoying my birthday!
The last pic is Pepsi with a Fox Terrier with virtually identical markings!
Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1063.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	5160   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1058.jpg
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	5161   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1068.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	5162   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1076.jpg
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	5163   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1078.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	5164  

Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-08-2016, 05:56 PM
Lovely photos Nippy Jen and glad you had a great birthday.
Peugeot sold.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-08-2016, 06:01 PM
Looks like Pepsi enjoyed your birthday Nippy Looks like you had a lovely day for it, I'll let you have the sun today with it being your birthday, but need it up here then for a while(like a couple of years perhaps)
Well done on selling the Peugeot, Lynn. Hoping you get the right car eventually
I know Brenda, I couldn't think what it was
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

11-08-2016, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
They do if you take the actual sitting on part of the seat out and then fold the back of the seat down.
Hi Lynn, I suppose we are lucky 'cos we don't ever need the back seats for 'umans so we removed the entire unit, sitting on bit plus the seat back on both the two person and the one person so now if we did want to transport a 'uman he would have to lie on the back like wot our dogs do

Sorry you're having some duds pop up, can never tell until you see them, hope you find a nice Volvo estate soon
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2016, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Lynn, don't touch the Rover, they are always going wrong, had one once and it spent more time in the garage than anywhere else
Nikki (Gnasher) had the BMW and for years
I think you are thinking of my Volvo 740? Wonderful car - went on until at least 250,000 miles when I sold it for £50 to an old lady in Daventry. Apparently, about 10 years later it is still going!

We also had a Mercedes 300 SL which at around 200,000 was written off by our insurance company!! Nothing wrong with it - just needed a new prop shaft which was damaged in an accident and they refused to pay for it and MADE us sell it to the local scrap yard!!

My current car is an Audi A6 estate - that has done 185,000 miles, not a spot of rust on it and goes like a trooper. It is diesel, very economical but is very fast. Will keep it until it is knackered - probably be around the 250,000 mile mark I would think.

I wouldn't touch a Rover with a barge pole, except for Land Rover. Mike has an automatic Land Rover Discovery, which he bought recently with just 50k on the clock from Guy Salmon in Northampton and we will probably drive that into the ground too - don't believe in buying new cars, it's a waste of money. Much better to buy a good quality car and keep it until it eventually dies!!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-08-2016, 07:43 PM
Nikki,I am sure you had a BMW estate, round about the time you had Hal over here. Don't think it was an Audi
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-08-2016, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the info Nikki, well Rover off the cards for various reasons.
Search is on in earnest now have to have a car by the time Gorden return to work.
Harvey if I didn't have to worry about ferrying grandchildren to Essex and back I am sure my choice would be much wider.
Man who bought the peugeot and his partner were so chuffed with it. There estate with a turbo diesel blew up recently and it has a tow bar which my peugeot did he saw it for sale an that it had a towbar and that was that. They are due to go on holiday 1st September with their caravan.
Really hopes it serves them well. Sure it will.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >