register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-08-2016, 09:40 AM
Good God that's a decent size fish they've caught Lynn.
I'm just going to have to roll with the punches as far as Zen is concerned. There are some house bricks in a garden up the road, they took the house apart, rebuilt it, then ran out okokf money and its been left years, am going to get some of them and make a floor of them, and cover it with rubber matting and hope I can make it through to September that way. Its dangerous the way it is at present, one of the girls could do themselves a nasty injury if she pulls the board, matting and bricks off for another do at it.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2016, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by chlosmum View Post
Morning everyone

Got up this morning to find the water's been turned off. Don't know why because we're usually notified well beforehand. No water in the kettle either and cleaned my teeth with fizzy water, and instead of having a shower had to make do with a quick going over with wet wipes!

Have masked any lingering odours with a liberal squirt of Chanel No 5!

As most of my plans for the day were "water" orientated have had to do a major replan, but first took my annoyance out by reporting our "troll" for making a rude comment on another thread.

Dogs are fed but not walked as it's far too hot and Georgina's now sleeping in her "hidey hole" under the hedge and Gwylim's snuggled up on my favourite armchair.

Well, must get on ... have a good day and enjoy the upcoming weekend!
Hey - another Chanel No. 5 fan!! There's not many of us left!! I've been wearing No. 5 since I was 16 - Lordy be, nearly half a century ago!! Do you use the spray deodorant and the body cream as well? V. expensive but hey - we are worth it!!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2016, 10:32 AM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
I'm looking at anti crib spray to see if that works. I just keep thinking Thank You God its not my house. I had a dobie many years ago that used to rip up carpets, the minute my back was turned he was on a spree. Came back one day and I couldn't open the front door, he'd ripped up the hall carpet and deposited it behind the door it did stop eventually, I think he was around 18 months, how I lived through that I will never know, how he lived through it is a another mystery
Can you take a couple of buckets to the stream Chloe's Mum
Bloody nightmare!! Hal, it has to be said, was far more destructive in the garden than the house. But he did ruin an antique nursing chair chewing the legs, ripped through the kitchen door, and ate many expensive socks and knickers!!

I am not sure who is the worst between Tai and Ben - I think it is probably a draw! The next time we get a dog, there is going to be 2 and they are living outside like yours' do - much healthier for them, the house stays clean and everyone keeps their sanity! I've had to spend nearly £500 on one of those Dyson wand things as I cannot lug my heavy Dyson around the house any more. I have to say it is well worth the money, although the collection bucket is far too small. I fill it up just doing the stair carpet every day!

i constantly ask myself why ... why do we put ourselves through all this trauma and expense? The answer is simple - because we loves them, once bitten by the northern breed bug you remain bitten. I can't imagine any other type, although I am very partial to border terriers
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-08-2016, 12:25 PM
So far I've collected 4 house bricks, am going to sort it all out later, walked 5 dogs in shifts so am ready for a sit down, brew and butty.
Zen is in bad books with the others, was with Cariad and Lona giving them a cuddle, Zen walked up and they grumbled at her, they never do that, she did a quick about turn, then I was in the kitchen and I heard someone have a go at her, stuck my head out, and they all looked up innocently, happened twice more after that, each time all innocence and Zen looking hard done to. HA!!! she should try being at my end of it
They used to often switch the water off round here, got into the habit of filling the kettle every night, still do it in fact, as waking up to no water is not a laughing matter, at least with a kettle full you can have a brew, quick wash and teeth clean
I'm a Chanel No5 and 19 fan as well
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-08-2016, 01:19 PM
Good afternoon all
YIPEEEEEEE got internet for how long is anyone's guess non existent yesterday BT as much good as a chocolate fire guard
Still not able to send e mails
Will echo all previous posts &hope all's well with everyone human doglets
Change of plans oh not away till very early doors tomorrow in time for first ferry
Muppets on alert knowing something happening and the bumlesnout's not sat on her doup all morning
Other than that same old same old
Take care stay safe xxxx
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2016, 02:34 PM
Afternoon all, made it out for lunch, had a nice time...he even called me when he got home, being friends will be easy I think
Hoping everyone is o.k and water and internet are restored soon!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-08-2016, 06:07 PM
Hope the internet is still with you Norma.
Great news griff glad you had a good time.

Had a call just gone 5 from the guy at NCC making sure I had received the email about the footpath. Apparently he said the guy moved it first then let the CC know saying he hoped it was ok they of course said it wasn't then he got stroppy with them. He sent his inspector down who said his steps and rail weren't to bad but of course he can't just change the course without the proper permission.
he had looked at my photos and said he is not sure what his inspector was looking at. He has also sent someone or is sending someone that have a chat about the geese but isn't sure much can be done unless someone actually gets attacked. I mentioned he now says he is thinking putting pigs on there. He was gobsmacked. Also mentioned he is a very difficult person to deal with.
I wished him luck. The guy re: the footpath is saying he doesn't understand and of course his hangers on are saying there is a badge now so the CC have made a u turn Gorden reckons he took it from somewhere else. According to the CC they have never said it's ok and I know who I believe.
He has also had a dig at the people who have not made the effort to meet the geese I mentioned Gorden walked there today no one was about and we have never had the opportunity to meet him as he is never about and that I am not in the habit of door knocking to speak about the problems.
He also said something to someone about thanking them to make the effort of meeting the geese and be careful those that don't are gossips so be careful what you say. Gorden thinks he means the geese I think there was an underlying dig there. I hoped he wasn't classing me as a gossip.
Also that most of us dog walkers are fed up of getting the blame for everything and that it is not an offence to walk a dog off leash as long as it is under close control. That our dog would lov to ramble where he shouldn't so that is why he is leash walked that I love all animals and have respect for them.
Hope that has hit a nerve.

Going to get the boys in a minute from fishing. They must be tired.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-08-2016, 06:32 PM
If he's stolen a sign he's going to get into even more trouble than he is now, he is totally stupid isn't he, but convinced he is right so that makes everything OK.
He is digging a hole so deep for himself he'll never get out of it, so let him keep on.
Had an email from Vision Internet saying BT is down and emails to and from them aren't being delivered. Was wondering where Brenda was, so now we now, marooned on an internetless island, and probably Norma is back on there too by now.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2016, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
So far I've collected 4 house bricks, am going to sort it all out later, walked 5 dogs in shifts so am ready for a sit down, brew and butty.
Zen is in bad books with the others, was with Cariad and Lona giving them a cuddle, Zen walked up and they grumbled at her, they never do that, she did a quick about turn, then I was in the kitchen and I heard someone have a go at her, stuck my head out, and they all looked up innocently, happened twice more after that, each time all innocence and Zen looking hard done to. HA!!! she should try being at my end of it
They used to often switch the water off round here, got into the habit of filling the kettle every night, still do it in fact, as waking up to no water is not a laughing matter, at least with a kettle full you can have a brew, quick wash and teeth clean
I'm a Chanel No5 and 19 fan as well
Aha, I thought that would happen! Good girls - she will learn far quicker from them than her human - even though there is no harm of course in you applying the pressure!!

I love 19 too, but 5 is my favourite. Holly uses Coco.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-08-2016, 07:07 PM
When I went to start the walks, she'd had another go at it all, put it back together again, and boy she knew I was annoyed, couldn't get hold of her, she kept running away.Eventually got her and we had a walk out. None of the nice pleasant things we do, no games, walk round the park, quick do over with the rake and back home. She's not had another try since, will wait and see what is awaiting me in the morning. I have collected 8 housebricks now, enough for me to make a floor if she finishes ripping up what she started.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >