Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2016, 06:11 AM

Daily Thread, Friday, 5th August

Good morning everyone,

Nippy Jen, hope you are feeling better this morning, more comfortable.

Lynn, I would think Joel and Gorden enjoyed their bowling.

LG, hope you are progressing without any further problems.

Griff, hope you are ok today?

June, hope you and Zen are not suffering too badly with your backs.

Harvey, Mandy, Norma, 1cd and Brenda, hope you are all ok.

Take care all, seems quite a nice morning out there. Have a good day all, God bless.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2016, 07:05 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow
Sorry I've not been about, I'm fine just been at work, then trying to get tidied round in between,
I hope everyone is ok, both 2 & 4 legged!
Today I'm going to the hairdressers for 9am, then meeting friends for a catch up. Tony is at physio this morning, he forgot till he got a text he'd not written it on calendar so I couldn't remind him.
Will catch up on what's been going on later bye for now
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2016, 08:27 AM
Morning all,
Thank you Moyra, I'm fine today. I just have to wait for my next appointment.
Morning Mandy, enjoy your catch up
My SiL is having her long hair cut off this evening and she is donating it to the Princess Trust to be made into wigs for children with cancer. Afterwards we are sponsoring her to have her head shaved for MacMillan nurses. I think she is very brave.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-08-2016, 08:37 AM
Morning Moyra, Mandy, Nippy Jen and all who follow.
Had done a long post hit the wrong key and lost it all.

I hope everyone is feeling well today and all our four legged friends. Glad to hear you are not in any discomfort Nippy Jen...Horrible having to have these procedures.
Good luck to your SIL very brave and wonderful thing to do.

Dropped boys off at the local fishing lake at 8.30, Gorden walked Dillon and went down the orchard footpath no sign of the geese guess they were still sleeping.
Footpath clean he said and the stps have been filled with more gravel to level them up. Maybe the little chats backwards and forwards have had some effect.

Enjoy your day everyone.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2016, 08:43 AM
Lol Lynn, I know I shouldn't laugh but I have done that so many times, it's good to hear of someone else doing it
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-08-2016, 08:59 AM
Lynn,it is The most irritating thing isn't it, I get so annoyed when that happens. Geese won't have been sleeping at that time, mmmm wondering if they're not about anymore and he is playing Mr Nice Guy to get the Council off his back. Too little, too late methinks.
I am ready to strangle Zenith. We've had a lull in the Devastation and Demolition, and was really hoping she was growing up. Came down to the new floor completely crashed, I'd put a board over the part she got to last time, rubber matting on top, house bricks round the side. It was all in situ last night, overnight she has moved to house bricks, rubber matting, shredded the board and chewed half the floor. Took me ages to clear up, I have done another temporary repair, but its beyond a joke now, my patience and money is exhausted. Not prepared to pay Alun to put yet another floor down for her to trash, when a new place with brick walls and concrete floor is going up in a few weeks. I am not speaking to her, they all know I am displeased and have come to me to check it's not them and we are still friends and I love them. Been to each of them, all had a cuddle and kiss, Zen is being ignored by me and the girls are very very quiet and Zen has her tail tucked right under her tummy, so she knows she's BAD. I've shown her why I'm angry, I had to more or less carry her to the Crime scene as she wouldn't go near, she knows what she's done, she knows its wrong because she only does it when there is no chance of being caught in the act. She will be on Ignore for a while, see what she makes of that, otherwise I may murder her
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2016, 09:07 AM
The World of Wolves June - who would have them?? Only bloody nutters like you and I!!! What Zen has done outside, Ben, Hal and Tai would have done to our house had we ever left them Home Alone!! But Zen is not home alone, little Madam! When they get bored, they get destructive. You are doing completely the right thing - hopefully her stable mates will punish her too for potentially getting them into trouble!!

I've found the link to the youtube video clip ... here it is

http://dog.venuspets.tv/touching-dog-film/
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-08-2016, 09:08 AM
Morning everyone

Got up this morning to find the water's been turned off. Don't know why because we're usually notified well beforehand. No water in the kettle either and cleaned my teeth with fizzy water, and instead of having a shower had to make do with a quick going over with wet wipes!

Have masked any lingering odours with a liberal squirt of Chanel No 5!

As most of my plans for the day were "water" orientated have had to do a major replan, but first took my annoyance out by reporting our "troll" for making a rude comment on another thread.

Dogs are fed but not walked as it's far too hot and Georgina's now sleeping in her "hidey hole" under the hedge and Gwylim's snuggled up on my favourite armchair.

Well, must get on ... have a good day and enjoy the upcoming weekend!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-08-2016, 09:18 AM
I'm looking at anti crib spray to see if that works. I just keep thinking Thank You God its not my house. I had a dobie many years ago that used to rip up carpets, the minute my back was turned he was on a spree. Came back one day and I couldn't open the front door, he'd ripped up the hall carpet and deposited it behind the door it did stop eventually, I think he was around 18 months, how I lived through that I will never know, how he lived through it is a another mystery
Can you take a couple of buckets to the stream Chloe's Mum
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-08-2016, 09:26 AM
Oh June not sure what to say about Zen's misdemeanours. Bad girl.
Not sure about why the geese weren't about as all the info I have found does allow them and to roam the footpaths unless any livestock he may keep attacks people then he has a responsibility to keep it fenced. Maybe someone has had a word with him about complaints of children and dogs being chased by them.
Not good getting up to no water CM. Hope it's back on soon.

Mark and Joel just sent a picture of a 7lb carp they caught by 9 this morning.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >