View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2016, 10:25 AM
Morning all, sorry I have been absent for a while. No reason really, just one of those things
Cold and wet here today, well it would be wouldn't it, we are looking after Kyla this afternoon. It would have been nice to go out somewhere. Never mind we will make cakes instead! She has asked for 4 sausages for lunch
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2016, 10:41 AM
Hi ya Nippy, no need to apologise, so long as you are o.k that is the main thing! Wow....4 sausages!!! well she is a growing girl Lol, pop my name on a cake if you don't mind....i have lost about a stone and a half in weight now so can have a treat every now and then Lol
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-08-2016, 11:50 AM
Good afternoon one and all
Hope you've managed a nap Moyra
LG tut tut did you truly expect to leave DC input out of anything vital hope your still progressing do take care
TW hope the bone run was productive and not a waste of time and fuel ,hope the backs holding up
Lynn hope you have more success on the dillon mobile thinking cap still on as to what could be suitable
Griff poor Kota do hope the wound opening is nothing too serious
Brenda glad your enjoying HP not too keen on spiders especially the great big ones
Nippy enjoy the cake making with Kyla
Chlosmum do hope HRH gets better soon
Up with the farting of the sparrows as had to be in town for 9 to pick up a cat and sensor for oh motor was supposed to be awaiting pick up NOhad to wait on the delivery need to get the job done as he's away again Friday
Muppets are out and out gang of chancers after an extatic welcome home to the oh yesterday they put on the WE HAVE BEEN SOO HARD DONE TO /NEGLECTED LOOK knowing a few extra treats would be forthcoming talk about spoilt
Nothing else on the cards hopefully gofforing trips
Hope all poorly get better soon
Take care stay safe xxxx
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

02-08-2016, 12:21 PM
Hello Norma, Nippy Jen, Babara, Brenda, Griff, Lynn, Moyra.

June - My own personal feelings about the Olympics are that the media have turned it into a massive entertainment show with the emphasis on personalities and scandal, it's bad enough that we now know for certain a lot of drug taking is going on so who are the real athelites and who are just performing with medicinal aids to make the home country look great.

I hate it when the commentators say things like "He's telling himself he has to do better" how the hell does a media muppet in a box hundreds of metres from the athelete have any idea what is going through the minds of the competitors

Apologies for ranting, just can't help feeling the original aims of the games back in the ancient Greece were better and that has all now been forgotten.

Gordon Mac - Just had a scan of last night and see that your Doc is pleased with your progress which is great. Is the 20% thing still important if so please do tell us when you pass that, then we can all breath a sigh of relief

Greetings to anyone I missed above, will be out with the Casey & Lara very soon, see you all latter.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-08-2016, 12:29 PM
Afternoon everyone wild goose chase again today. Saw a volvo on a site in a garage not far from us looked like a v70. Got there its a v40 had a couple of other estates one a Laguna (Renault) Peter said to be wary of them as he has had two and nothing but trouble. Asked the name of model of one he had and he didn't know. It was a Megane. Battery flat etc., so we walked away.

brenda I need an estate with a low boot no lip on the inside and folding back seats that almost fold into the floor so Dillon can step straight out with no effort or even the slightest jump out of the side doors and a very small sedate jump from and into the boot.
It is proving very difficult to find this for Sir Dillonalot. Peugeot's and Volvo's seem the best.
Dreading the olympics. Also where has the last 4 years gone ?
griff hope Kota is ok and any other poorly dogs mentioned.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2016, 12:30 PM
Harvey, you are so right, i firmly believe that if you are an athlete, media personality, sports star...in fact choose to be in the public eye you should set a damn good example of how to live your life, it is like all these stars who take drugs and roll around drunk...people just see it as acceptable...in my opinion it isn't, stars who get married and then go on to cheat and the partner stays with them...making it normal and acceptable...what the heck do the words in your vows mean...errrmm nothing. There endeth my rant Lol
Norma, look, we all know that when your OH is away there are no treats given to the dogs Lol...crafty little devils aren't they....how are your imaginary dogs Lol
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2016, 12:35 PM
Lynn, i am sure the perfect car is out there for you...hmmm renaults, Steve has a renault scenic, it is old so i would expect problems but the digital display keeps cutting out...that would be fine as you don't need to know what radio channel you are on but the speedo...errrmm yeah a bit vital Lol, he needs to put it in for it's MOT and i suspect it will fail on a massive list. Have you looked at mercs at all? they are quite good work horses but not entirely sure about the seats and boot lid set up
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2004-Merce...8AAOSwQYZWuiFm
i know it is miles away from you...just up the road from me Lol but just so you can see
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-08-2016, 05:43 PM
Lynn - although Renault seem to get a bit of stick, we had a Megane Scenic for four years and it never put a foot wrong. Carried up to 1/4 ton of hen corn and four dogs plus two people very easily, it was a diesel one. We sold it when we got the Hyundai Santa Fe. That was 4 years ago and we still see it occasionaly in the village, so it is obviously still chugging along. Couldn't fault it and in truth we don't molly coddle motors they really get some stick from us - in truth they tend to get neglected - we are not careful owners! lol !
Don't take me as any sort of expert on these matters - in fact I am the complete opposite - I am just relaying our personal experiences, for what they're worth.
I've done bits and pieces today but nothing too strenuous - gave dogs another good walk this afternoon and we all got soaked through with an hours steady drizzle.
Harvey - the 20% marker is of my own making not the medicos ( as long as I'm over 15% they are reasonably happy) but I was at 20 prior to my recent bout and know I function very well at this level. Tnak you for your concern. Hope you all had a good walk this afternoon and that the weather remained reasonable for you.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-08-2016, 08:01 PM
Evening everyone I had done a post earlier then the phone rang it was Gill and dinner was almost ready. Forgot to hit the post button. Rolls eyes.
Thank you for the recommendation gordon always welcome and useful.
the main reason Gill rang was to see how I was getting on looking for cars.
Peter actually went out to see if the plastic bumps on the back seat which cause an obstruction for Dillon when flat were removable ? They are so it might be back in the running as it had good mileage, service history and a wonderful tilt and slide sunroof which I am sure sir Dillonalot would love.
Hope everyone is well.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2016, 08:29 PM
Which one is back in the running then Lynn?
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >