Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2006, 11:09 AM

The heat is

Starting to Cheese me off

The leonbergers are coping well,Parker is Loving it,have to keep calling him in from Garden Laying on Back sunbathing

But Poor Amie is not coping at all well Panting not being able to get comfy and since 5am has been throwing up

Taking her to Vet at 3.45

How are your dogs coping in this Heat???????????

Im never gonna be rich,but its nice to see my Vet in her Big house,nice Car that I paid for
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2006, 11:17 AM
Awww it must be hell for animals in fur coats in this weather It's not too bad here at the moment because living quite high up and near hills we get a lot of breeze, it was really windy last night Benji is coping alright with it but he hasn't really got a very thick coat like your dogs will have.

Hope poor Amie is feeling better soon
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2006, 11:22 AM
Starting to cool down here. Roxy threw up every meal on Sunday too. poor love
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2006, 11:25 AM
bens not doing too bad, hes sleeping alot obiously, mind u he always sleeps alot LOL. but the heats not disturbing him as such.
rosegallagher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2006, 11:27 AM
mine are still eating ok, i walk them early morning & late evening, they are just laying around & snoozing, they have a fan on them too , my sibe mishka is starting to moult terribly, i got loads of undercoat out of her with the rake comb this morning. They have a paddle pool to go into also.
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2006, 11:39 AM
Mine are actually coping pretty well, their still eating fine but sleeping an awful lot, I've not taken them walking for almost a week coz its still too warm here even at 8pm, it doesn't seem to be bothering them though there too sleepy to walk.
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2006, 11:41 AM
Sounds like poor aimee is suffering! Murphyf, my black lab seems to be coping better with the heat than Vienna my NI. But i think that is cos she has a more 'artic style' coat than he does. He likes to be in the garden sunbathing but she always sticks to the shade. Neither have thrown up (thankfully) but Vienna has been less inclined to eat.

I too have only been walking early morning and late evening but even then the dogs still get hot! Im just keeping them inside with fans on them and also cooling them by wiping them down with cold, wet flannels. Unfortunately the cool water soon evapporates off them so i have to do it quite often!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2006, 11:42 AM
its a little cooler her today a coastal breeze has arrived at last ...mine haven't been to bad but i have had curtains closed and fans on
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2006, 11:53 AM
Hope all is well!

My reds are coping ok, but the Pug is having a nightmare! He has had so many cool baths and hose downs! Poor boy, it is the only time he has stopped puffing and panting!
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2006, 12:20 PM
It was cool this morning for me but now the sun is blazing again, toooooooo dammmmmmmmmmmm hotttttttttttt

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >