Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2011, 11:31 AM
Awww that is sooo sweet! xx

Mine just take themselves off to bed, boring!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2011, 01:55 PM
First of all we go out to do a last wee in the garden. Katie does her biz & back in, Harvey smooches around. In meantime i get next days dinner out of the freezer. Still no sign of his nibs. Even tho ive an outside light the garden is extensive & cant see to the top of the main garden never mind the top. Fingers to lips & give a loud whistle & next thing is Harvey doing a zoom down garden.

Cats go out into utility room where they zoom up the back stairs, dogs watching. Doors locked, dogs given a biscuit after Harvey hits the cupboard with his paw.

Dogs disappear upstairs while i tidy up. As soon as i enter bedroom both jump from my bed into their own & both look towards the back window. Few minutes later there is either a loud yowl or frantic pawing at the window. Open window ( which opens out into what used to be my houseplant room but is now the Cat room). In comes one or two cats. They sit on the bed & dogs sit up - ALL 4 waiting expectently for a cat treat or two -

After that its time for bed, cats usually go back out the window - they have beds in the cat room
& dogs settle down. In winter they both get tucked up in a nice soft cosy fleece blanket each

Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2011, 02:18 PM
Cain used to be shut in the kitchen at night because he barked at headlights So it used to be last toilet trip to the garden. Then he would come in and go into his crate and wait for him Dentastick. Lights off, shut door.

Since then he's stopped barking at headlights so he's allowed out. And we don't feed Dentasticks any more. I'm usually first up to bed, he'll follow me up and lay on my bedroom floor. Once he's sure I'm nor getting up any more, he moves to thr landing and lies at the top of the stairs. When my mum comes up to bed he lays in her room for a bit. Once he's sure that everyone is settled for the night, he takes himself off downstairs and puts himself in his crate He then tends to creep back up around 6am and lies on my bedroom floor until I get up. He won't go to bed properly until we're all settled though.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2011, 02:30 PM
Toro jumps off the couch at 9.45,starts wagging her tail, I say you wanna go tae teddy beddy bear,her wee tail goes like a helicopter, Callum takes her through to the crate,I say night night, she goes to bed with a gravy bone...usually wakes me anywhere from 3 onwards,I get up don't speak to her let her out for a pee,leave the crate door open this time and leave her with a biscuit, she then goes and settles her self in the livingroom lol, just can't get her out of the habit at 9.45 ! x
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2011, 04:22 PM
Yes....they do have a routine. We've always had the same routine since we've had dogs and each new dog slots into the same routine quite nicely
First of all we say " wee wee's now", then they all get up and go out to do business. Then they all come back in, have a biscuit and go to bed!! Same way, same time every night.
Guinness however has cottoned onto the fact that wee wee then biscuit means bed in crate and he stays outside and I have to coax him in!! He would prefer to sleep with mummy and daddy, but we're trying to get him out of that coz he's so blooming big!!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2011, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by footsieG View Post
When Kyesh thinks it's time for bed he gets restless and keeps nugging me, we then go downstairs and they go out , then he stands staring at the cupboard until I get his supper out a few biscuits, homemade or Bonio, or shapes, or a mixture, he then uns upstairs and goes straight into his cage and waits til Jaz and I get there, he gets his biscuits I shut the door and he settles down. Any other time he gets in my bedroom he jumps straight on the bed.
As for my Jaz because I am always talking about Kyesh, he has to be cajoled to do anything, even eat, I would love to know what happened to him, and I would do it to them. Luv Gayle. X

Ah poor old Jaz-such a shame, perhaps he will learn to copy your other dog?

Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
Awww that is sooo sweet! xx

Mine just take themselves off to bed, boring!
Sounds sensible to me!

Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
First of all we go out to do a last wee in the garden. Katie does her biz & back in, Harvey smooches around. In meantime i get next days dinner out of the freezer. Still no sign of his nibs. Even tho ive an outside light the garden is extensive & cant see to the top of the main garden never mind the top. Fingers to lips & give a loud whistle & next thing is Harvey doing a zoom down garden.

Cats go out into utility room where they zoom up the back stairs, dogs watching. Doors locked, dogs given a biscuit after Harvey hits the cupboard with his paw.

Dogs disappear upstairs while i tidy up. As soon as i enter bedroom both jump from my bed into their own & both look towards the back window. Few minutes later there is either a loud yowl or frantic pawing at the window. Open window ( which opens out into what used to be my houseplant room but is now the Cat room). In comes one or two cats. They sit on the bed & dogs sit up - ALL 4 waiting expectently for a cat treat or two -

After that its time for bed, cats usually go back out the window - they have beds in the cat room
& dogs settle down. In winter they both get tucked up in a nice soft cosy fleece blanket each

When you say you go out for a wee in the garden I presume you're not including yourself in that statement? Harvey sounds very smart-tapping the cupnoard door for his biscuit.

Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
Cain used to be shut in the kitchen at night because he barked at headlights So it used to be last toilet trip to the garden. Then he would come in and go into his crate and wait for him Dentastick. Lights off, shut door.

Since then he's stopped barking at headlights so he's allowed out. And we don't feed Dentasticks any more. I'm usually first up to bed, he'll follow me up and lay on my bedroom floor. Once he's sure I'm nor getting up any more, he moves to thr landing and lies at the top of the stairs. When my mum comes up to bed he lays in her room for a bit. Once he's sure that everyone is settled for the night, he takes himself off downstairs and puts himself in his crate He then tends to creep back up around 6am and lies on my bedroom floor until I get up. He won't go to bed properly until we're all settled though.
CAin is very good-going into his crate on his own volition bless him!

Originally Posted by inkliveeva View Post
Toro jumps off the couch at 9.45,starts wagging her tail, I say you wanna go tae teddy beddy bear,her wee tail goes like a helicopter, Callum takes her through to the crate,I say night night, she goes to bed with a gravy bone...usually wakes me anywhere from 3 onwards,I get up don't speak to her let her out for a pee,leave the crate door open this time and leave her with a biscuit, she then goes and settles her self in the livingroom lol, just can't get her out of the habit at 9.45 ! x
You don't need a clock when you have dogs! Cherry gets narky if we don't go to bed at the normal time. They know.

Originally Posted by zoe1969 View Post
Yes....they do have a routine. We've always had the same routine since we've had dogs and each new dog slots into the same routine quite nicely
First of all we say " wee wee's now", then they all get up and go out to do business. Then they all come back in, have a biscuit and go to bed!! Same way, same time every night.
Guinness however has cottoned onto the fact that wee wee then biscuit means bed in crate and he stays outside and I have to coax him in!! He would prefer to sleep with mummy and daddy, but we're trying to get him out of that coz he's so blooming big!!
Should have got a Chihuahua! That's what we often say when we are reading in bed and the dogs are taking up half the blooming bedspace.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2