View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2011, 09:00 PM
Sadie is more alert and pulls at night.. she spooks at every noise and will growl at it.

Louie and Benjie pull a lot more at night and sniff a lot more than in the day.

I don't walk in the dark, even with the dogs, I'm only 5'4" and 9 stone - if anything happened I wouldn't be able to do anything and living in a remote area - it just doesn't feel safe enough, I do walk at dusk though - just before it gets dark..
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2011, 09:59 PM
Yes, Danny and Guinness are definitely more alert in the dark. Every little noise they try to investigate! In a way I'm quite glad because I walk them on my own at night sometimes and it's nice to know they are there watching!!
zarah
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-06-2011, 10:52 AM
Yep, mine is more alert in the dark too. There are loads of cats around here that start roaming the streets as soon as night falls and it didn't take him long to cotton onto that. Goes completely off his head if he spots one, rearing up and screaming the place down - very embarrassing, especially when it's in front of someone who has only ever seen him as a model citizen .

During the day if I open the patio door he tends to walk out normally (unless it coincides with a squirrel visiting the garden!). When it's dark though he is out there like a bullet out a gun.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-06-2011, 10:56 AM
It depends where we are tbh, in the garden they behave the same day or night, on lead in the dark they are the same as in daylight but off lead they definitely seem a bit more on their toes.
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2011, 11:02 AM
They are much more "hunty" when I walk then in the dark.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2011, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by zarah View Post
Yep, mine is more alert in the dark too. There are loads of cats around here that start roaming the streets as soon as night falls and it didn't take him long to cotton onto that. Goes completely off his head if he spots one, rearing up and screaming the place down - very embarrassing, especially when it's in front of someone who has only ever seen him as a model citizen .

During the day if I open the patio door he tends to walk out normally (unless it coincides with a squirrel visiting the garden!). When it's dark though he is out there like a bullet out a gun.
Yours sounds like mine!! Cats, hedgehogs and frogs all emerge at night and Jimmi can spend three happy hours out there trailing the scents around the garden. Mind you, if any one of the aforementioned is still actually THERE, then all manner of awfulness ensues and trying to catch him to put him to bed is pointless. I tend to pour a nightcap and sit on a bench until he is ready to call it a night.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2