View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-03-2007, 07:53 AM
All of Ollies breeders dogs are fed raw and we decided we would do the same I had decided to feed fresh cooked for our next dog after losing a dog so young to cancer not sure if commercial food was the problem or not,but Ollies diet made the decision for us and he is doing really well and I must say although he has his naughty mad moments he is far more laid back than Max ever was as a pup.
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-03-2007, 07:54 AM
For me it was from watching the way Jake ate his food. When I first took him home he would just pick at the dry "commercial" stuff as if to say "oh well if this is it I better eat" no enthusiasm in it at all.
Then he had the runs and I had to feed him rice and chicken for a couple of days. The difference was amazing, he was so obviously enjoying that so much more so I switched him to a raw diet. Before I did the switch, I done as much research as possible and made sure I was feeding everything that he needs. Veg, fruit, eggs, fish and ofcourse meat. I thought it might be more expensive and more hassle this way, but once I got into the swing of it I found it's no more expensive and with routine it's no more hassle.
Also not keen on vets recomending certain types of food, specially when they have a display stand with the said brand in it, making it obvious that they are sponsord in some way by the manufacturer. Bit of a conflict of interests I think.
wendy taylor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-03-2007, 08:31 AM
For me,it was seeing how many of my breed were dieing really young,of bloat,were very overweight,we have been feeding tripe a good quality terrier mixer,chicken wings,turkey necks,breast of lamb etc for nearly 30 years now,and we have never in all that time had one single case of bloat,our dogs,Mastiffs are living inot double figures,we have never had skin problems,except from occasional fleas,and thats pretty easy to solve,teeth are always nice as id breath,and they only poop twice a day,never squishy,very easy to clean up,we never have wasted food,so I will stick with this regime for my guys,if it ain't broke and all that.
Wendy
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2007, 04:50 PM
i'm just about ready to start raw after H was tested for b12 defiency.
i've read sooooooo much about commercial food and i'm now convinced this has been the cause of his bad digestion and the bloat he had.

commercial food is over processed, lacks in essential vits and minerals and is unnatural.

i've tried so many different ways of feeding my leo over the last 3 yrs and this is now my last chance to make him healthy.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2