Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 09:20 PM
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
Rune - what an incredibly rude and unpleasant person you are. Accusing people of not reading your posts yet clearly not reading theirs. Im not even going to bother discussing this with you anymore, you clearly have a chip on your shoulder about something. You might need to deal with your issues about dog show people before attempting to organise anymore DOG SHOWS!
What exactly was rude?

Just so I can make sure it doesn't happen again.

rune
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2010, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Yes and the dog can be banned from entering any more shows, and have stops put on registering off spring.
That is interesting as I rang to complain about a dog winning best in show when it couldn't be touched by the judge as the owner said it was a bit "iffy" (Rhodesian Ridgeback). Not "sour grapes" at all but just concern that this was giving out the wrong message. The people who I rang to complain had organised the show and said they were concerned about this too as they had seen the dog at another show where it also couldn't be touched by the judge.

In my original post I wasn't complaing about people with pedigrees entering competitions or even being smartly dressed but people winning every single class they enter at a fun show where they normally show at open level with their dogs (probably didn't put that bit in my original post).

If it was me who had won a first placing in a fun show I scratch Parker out of any further classes I had put him in for. Certainly wouldn't be happy to "sweep the board" like this and get all the reds but embarrassed! No I do not have "sour grapes" just felt upset for all the little kiddies with their well-groomed and turned out pet dogs that were there. We are all entitled to our own opinion.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2010, 03:57 PM
Im not sure how things stand In that situation. As from what you wrote I take It the dog didnt actually attack anyone! (Not that Im saying Its ok because It didnt bite)!
Still I dont understand why some one would show a dog and say 'The judge cant go over him because hes iffy)
I mean thats not normal behvaiour at a show. Very Intresting Indeed.

I get what your saying about people winning every class, but that Is the judges choice not the handlers. So Its the judges that should be looked Into. Instead we have a whole thread of people moaning about serious showers, showing at fun level because they might use their winnings at fun shows to sell pups and the like ... which Is laughable.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2010, 04:02 PM
Im not sure how things stand In that situation. As from what you wrote I take It the dog didnt actually attack anyone! (Not that Im saying Its ok because It didnt bite)!
Still I dont understand why some one would show a dog and say 'The judge cant go over him because hes iffy)

I get what your saying about people winning every class, but that Is the judges choice not the handlers. So Its the judges that should be looked Into. Instead we have a whole thread of people moaning about serious showers, showing at fun level because they might use their winnings at fun shows to sell pups and the like ... which Is laughable.
For decent breeders maybe....but for BYB? I'm afraid it may go on more than you realise
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2010, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
For decent breeders maybe....but for BYB? I'm afraid it may go on more than you realise
It may and If It does Its wrong. I really think Its about time the general public woke up and done some research because things like this wouldnt go on If people would wise up.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2010, 04:12 PM

Thats what we did---looked into the judges.

rune
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-07-2010, 05:39 PM

Why should a judge be looked into for placing dogs more than once in classes, whats the point in asking someoen to judge a show then tell them they can only place one dog once throughout the day, their integrity is called into question,

I have a friend who has JRT, she decided to go to the local hunt kennels open day with her boy, and decided to enter him into a class or two, by the end of the day , I think they got the record for "entering classes" she had a ball, got the bug and was running from class to class, both her and her boy had a good day, picked up loads of rosettes, and has them now in pride of place on her kitchen wall.

Why should she be penalised for having a good day, why should the judge have his/her hands tied on who they can place, so the same goes for those who enter pedigree classes, you pay your money like everyone else, if you have no chance of being placed, because the organiser of the show tells the judge not to place more than once, then you have been cheated .

Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
That is interesting as I rang to complain about a dog winning best in show when it couldn't be touched by the judge as the owner said it was a bit "iffy" (Rhodesian Ridgeback). Not "sour grapes" at all but just concern that this was giving out the wrong message. The people who I rang to complain had organised the show and said they were concerned about this too as they had seen the dog at another show where it also couldn't be touched by the judge.

For the the dog to have won best in show , it would have had to go underneath more than one judge, so did none of those judges get to put their hands on the dog??

As far as I am aware, a dog has to actually attack a judge for it to be banned, having a squabble with another dog in the ring, is not grounds for a ban,

You have to remember at any given show you will have a high proportion of "stud dogs" in a small place together.

For the odd squabble not to break out would be hard to avoid, if a handler or two, drops their guard and allows a couple of studs to get to close , then they are going to get a bit iffy with each other, its imperative you are always on the ball in and around the ringside.

In my original post I wasn't complaing about people with pedigrees entering competitions or even being smartly dressed but people winning every single class they enter at a fun show where they normally show at open level with their dogs (probably didn't put that bit in my original post).

But I dont understand why you should get upset if a dog wins all his classes, surely the judge /judges, must have liked that dog, be it in a champ /local/companion or fun show.

It seems to be the gripe is against the pedigree dog that may or may not be a show dog, that is handled professionally turned out well (both dog and handler) and then has the ordasity to then go and win a class or two.

if Fun's shows and their organisers, only want the mutt with the waggiest tail to win, then they should exclude any pedigree dog from their show, instead of taking their money , after all its a bit underhand to take someone s money, yet have a "quiet" policy not to place those dogs"

If it was me who had won a first placing in a fun show I scratch Parker out of any further classes I had put him in for. Certainly wouldn't be happy to "sweep the board" like this and get all the reds but embarrassed! No I do not have "sour grapes" just felt upset for all the little kiddies with their well-groomed and turned out pet dogs that were there. We are all entitled to our own opinion.

but that in itself is a no no, its considered bad form to scrap a dog from a class "after " you have entered him.

Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
You know BYB I take it , that enter their breeding stock into fun shows then place rosettes on walls to gain a better price for their dog
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2010, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Why should a judge be looked into for placing dogs more than once in classes, whats the point in asking someoen to judge a show then tell them they can only place one dog once throughout the day, their integrity is called into question,

I have a friend who has JRT, she decided to go to the local hunt kennels open day with her boy, and decided to enter him into a class or two, by the end of the day , I think they got the record for "entering classes" she had a ball, got the bug and was running from class to class, both her and her boy had a good day, picked up loads of rosettes, and has them now in pride of place on her kitchen wall.
I didnt mean It like that I meant It In the way as If some one wants to complain/moan about a judge because they think the judging was unfair - Then they should look Into the judge Instead of getting their back up and saying serious show people shouldnt be allowed to enter fun shows.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-07-2010, 05:53 PM
I didnt mean It like that I meant It In the way as If some one wants to complain/moan about a judge because they think the judging was unfair - Then they should look Into the judge Instead of getting their back up and saying serious show people shouldnt be allowed to enter fun shows.

I know, I was not having a go at you

But the point is, the one I was making in general to your post is.

Why should the judge be looked into if they place a dog through out the day.

The judges decision should be final, you would not question a judge that judged at champ /local shows, so why at any other level.

Can you imagine a champ show and the dog that took BIS , (he would have had to win every class he was in) to get there, the judge was then questioned as beign unfair to all the other dogs that did not get a place,

But thats what some seem to have a gripe about, a judge that places a dog in all its classes, and a dog that has been entered in to many classes (and wins)
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2010, 06:12 PM
I do hope you weren't meaning me when you suggested that there was a 'quiet underhand policy' to take someones money and not place the dog? Certainly isn't what I have said at any point.

Any judges decision is final and I am sure that whatever dog wagged its tail hardest would be awarded the rosettes----same as whichever dog the judge felt was prettiest.

rune
Page 12 of 13 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 >