Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2013, 05:19 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Sunday).

Morning all! It is hi and goodbye for another week or so from me as I leave for the UK and my son's wedding tomorrow morning.

All has been far from well in Tang Towers but more of that later as I am gathering all Bella's 'precious things' together to take with her to the Boarding Kennels.

Hope everyone is enjoying the UK heatwave - it will seem like a respite from the temps here at the mo to me!

Here she is - all ready to go on her holiday

Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2013, 06:24 AM
A very good morning to you too Pat and everyone, lovely of you to get this up so nice and early even though we were all fast asleep

Sorry you've had so much stress at home lately, so getting away from it all, watching your son getting married is going to pick you right back up again. If you're passing my house anywhen during your trip, I'll put kettle on! I think you'll find it IS gonna be hot, and you'll probably feel it more than where you are cos it's soooo humid and oppressive. Hopefully, wherever you're going you'll still have that nice sea breeze to keep you cool. Have a wonderful time at the wedding hope it all goes to plan and remember the tissues.

Awwww little Bella there all ready to set off on her holibobs

Well, still a bit on the cool side today thank goodness cos I want to do a roast. I keep looking outside at my lovely new car I'm so lucky to have Dave aren't I, but then he's lucky to have me isn't he

I'm going up to the van this morning to do a bit of strimming out the front whilst Dave plays with my car and checks it all over properly. I had decided to leave the twin room with un made up beds because there's only 2 of them, but then I thought of this heat, people might want to have their own rooms and the guests coming today have been before and are coming in September, so I feel all mean now about leaving them bare

Don't know what's been going on of course cos I haven't been able to keep up what with Dave being here over the week-end, but hope everyone is well along with the doglets, and enjoy a lovely, sunny Sunday.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2013, 06:31 AM
Morning Pat and all,

Dull and drizzling here at the moment, but I think its mean't to cheer up later.
I got my garden done yesterday and today I am going to start tackling the house and getting rid of stuff in preparation for the move.
Charly and Ash have gone off to do a boot sale with charlys stuff she has cleared out.

Pat I hope you have a good journey and your sons wedding goes off without a hitch. I hope gorgeous little Bella enjoys her holiday too.

H, pleased to hear you have a lovely new car, but you deserve it and Dave is very lucky to have you.

Have a good day all whatever your plans.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-07-2013, 07:00 AM
Morning Pat lovely to see you.
Wishing you a safe journey and return of course from the UK and enjoy your sons wedding, not that you need telling to do that.
I hope the break helps you over your stressful time recently.

Weather bit dull this morning so I am slightly annoyed thinking we may of been able to go to the Bernese fun show after all. Dillons breeder is there.
Gorden assures me the weather forecast says 29 for Billingshurst so too hot for Dillon. Blooming BT robbing us again this month and putting a spanner in the works. It would of been nice to of have had the choice.
Mark is coming up today instead with late birthday goodies for Gorden he may bring Owen not sure.

Morning Helena enjoy the roast and the new car.
Morning Bev any chance of a less hectic day for you today ? I hope Charly and Ash do well at the boot sale.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2013, 07:33 AM
Morning Pat, Helena, Bev and Lynn

Nice to see you Pat.

It's going to be hot later today so I hope everyone keeps cool. No real news - off to Church then to the shops for some waterproof jackets for the children. Yes, waterproof jackets in this weather!

Have a lovely day everyone.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2013, 08:06 AM
Hi Tang, I hope you have a good trip, it is so much cooler today, really quite pleasant. Love that little Bella hope she has a good time on her hols. You know where I am too if you need anything stronger than tea!!
H , enjoy your roast
Morning Bev, Lynn, LS and everyone.
We intend having a "not doing much " day today. All the family are off doing other things, so we are doing nothing! We will raid the fridge when we are hungry and the wine rack when we are thirsty
Hope you all have a good Sunday.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-07-2013, 08:11 AM

Pat - you are probably on your way now, but I wish you a safe journey and congratulations to all concerned [especially the bride and groom] for the wedding!

After a wonderful night with not one "wanna go out" from Da Booga, they came back and have now trapped me in yet again. The heavy roller has been driving backwards and forwards, backwards and forwards since about 7.30am and I have been instructed not drive across the compressed stones, sand and stuff "or I will mess up all their work".

I am not sure what they think they are doing though as there is a drop down from then end of my steps - presumably the depth of the new pavement when it is laid, but it is currently level with the end of my ramp/path - so anything they lay on there will be above the end of my ramp.

Anyhow, ess oh dee them with their instructions - I have to get some mineral water as I have less than a litre left in the container on the water cooler thingy, and I am also out of washing-up liquid. Being stuck in for most of last week I forgot to buy more - I usually have a spare bottle in the cupboard but of course this time I had not replaced it.

So I am going to wait until the heavy roller is out of sight and then I am going to go across the road and if Xanadu messes up their work then too bdooly bad.

There - said it and am gonna do it!
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2013, 08:21 AM
Morning everyone, no news on B.I.L. yet so no news is taken as good news. My sister was not answering the phone this morning when I rang so I guess she is out across the fields with her little pooch. She walks miles.

Lynn, Looks as though you may have found your new home, do hope so.

Helena, ooh how lovely being bought a new car particularly a beemer doesn't matter how old I like the older models best.

I see everyone had a good time again last night. Well done to them. I was in bed by 9 o'clock too late for frivolity. Sometimes I stay up later if there is any worth watching on tv but not usually. But then I am up and down all night to the bathroom and the bally police helicopter was out overhead at 2 am this morning so I thought I had better close the patio doors if there was someone about! Have a good day everyone and stay cool. Looks as though it may be a bit cooler today. God bless.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2013, 08:30 AM
Good morning Pat and fellow members,

Great that you managed to pop in Pat before your trip to the airport. So sorry about your awful week but hopefully you'll be able to forget all about it for a week Make sure you post a few photos of the wedding and your outfit as I'm still not sure what you decided on. Bella looks adorable as ever off on her hols too.

Appalling night with the dogs barking on and off until about 3.30 when they finally shut-up. I can only assume they were barking at cars, foxes or just random noises but it drove me mad .... they are certainly back to feeling fine again. They are always more unsettled when members of the family are out for the night - maybe they thought it was my OH or son coming back

Off to take them out for a walk as its lovely and cloudy here at the moment

See you all later.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2013, 09:07 AM
Slight amendment - Bella to Borstal today - me to airport tomorrow early morning. Just got back from dropping her off. She couldn't wait to get inside and chase things - any things. But didn't look so happy when we closed her gate and walked away. They've got about 20 low level fans aimed at half that number of dog houses and opposite are the open archways to their little yards so a good through breeze. I told them she is 'all grown up now' but the response was 'yeah believe it when I see it!'

I miss her already and will be there at the crack of dawn the morning after the night we return (as usual)

Here she is waiting to get inside. Doesn't need her lead on as she is very keen to go in!

Malka
We are living in parallel universes with the roadworks. They've dug it up outside my place too! I took photos because EIGHT of them were standing looking at TWO blokes doing the work! EAC - Elec Auth of Cyprus.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »