Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sarah88
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-01-2011, 06:56 PM

It's been a sad day today... :(

Was up and out early this morning to head to the funeral of a friend who died from a blood clot last weekend aged just 27... Was a lot harder to get through than I expected and a lot of tears were shed . But the service was lovely and just what he would have wanted. We walked into the chapel(?) to Novocain by Greenday and had the pleasure of "no one knows" by queens of the stone age before the reverend started talking . There were so many people there and I just hope he realised just how loved he really was

Afterwards myself and my best friend decided that we would go for a wander round Edinburgh and find a nice pub to raise a glass for our pal. Ended up having a lovely lunch in her local followed by some retail therapy .

Got home at around 3 and took Kia out for a walk. It was raining that silly drizzle so I got soaked through but it really cheered me up to be out and about with my woof. And it's at times like these that you appreciate even more what life you have...

So R.I.P. Alan, you will be missed. But the memories will last a lifetime!

xoxox
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2011, 07:00 PM
So sorry for the loss of your friend, Alan, and so young too . It is good that you have good memories to see you through the sadness.xx
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2011, 07:15 PM
Am so very sorry for your loss, Kia will look after you n your friend, try to keep thinking of the happy times(x)
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-01-2011, 07:23 PM
sos orry for your loss and so young , i lostmy best mate feb last year i still cant come to terms with the loss but i have a weep when im on my own walking my 4 then after i remember all the laughs we had
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2011, 08:05 PM
I am so sorry about your friend. Absolutely tragic for one so young. As you say it does put perspective on your own life and having a doggie to come home to really helps.
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2011, 08:18 PM
Sorry to hear about your friend. It's so hard to lose the people we love isn't it? and so very unfair at so young an age. Sending hugs to you.x
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2011, 08:19 PM
So sorry to hear you lost your good friend at such a young age It sounds as though the funeral was lovely though, and I am sure he will have been looking down at all the people who loved and who will miss him.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2011, 08:28 PM
So sad when you lose a friend that young.... somehow it seems such a waste.

I'm not surprised your dog lifted your spirits.... mine do that daily....

x0x
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2011, 08:41 PM
Sorry to hear about your friend *Hugs*

R.I.P Alan xx
Deedee1321
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-01-2011, 09:17 PM
So sorry for your loss, 27 is far too young to go.

I saw the story in the Courier this week, I didn't know Alan but knew of him as he was a few years above me in school. So awful for his family.

Dee x
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >