Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2006, 08:34 AM

Sneezing. What could cause it?

Hi guys, I remember a while ago reading LOADS of sneezing related posts, however now I cant seem to find any??

Roxy has been 'obviously' sneezing the last 4 days. At first just thought it was a bit of fluff up her nose, and then assumed it was the heat and maybe the bump on her nose (as she trys to pick the scab off and sneezes whilst doing this sometimes).

But last night it got quite bad. Not sure if something is seriously stuck up there. How could I find this out without consulting the vets? if it requires a vet trip no probs - just wondered, Thankyou
brandy barrel
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-07-2006, 08:45 AM
Sometimes our dogs have tried to eat a blade of grass and it has ended up stuck at the back of their throat and up their noses!! This has made them sneeze.

If you are worried I would get your dog checked out at the vets, if only to put your mind at rest.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-07-2006, 01:46 PM
Originally Posted by DobieGirl
Hi guys, I remember a while ago reading LOADS of sneezing related posts, however now I cant seem to find any??

Roxy has been 'obviously' sneezing the last 4 days. At first just thought it was a bit of fluff up her nose, and then assumed it was the heat and maybe the bump on her nose (as she trys to pick the scab off and sneezes whilst doing this sometimes).

But last night it got quite bad. Not sure if something is seriously stuck up there. How could I find this out without consulting the vets? if it requires a vet trip no probs - just wondered, Thankyou
Hi DobieGirl sneezing can have a number of causes, mostly it is due to a substance entering the nose and causing irritation ...something like pollen or a grass seed which can become lodged in the nose causing reverse sneezing ...
http://www.paw-rescue.org/PAW/PETTIP...eSneezing.html

If the sneezing is violent/continues for any length of time it is best to consult a vet. I hope all is well now.
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

07-07-2006, 06:21 AM
I`ve had a couple of my dogs with grass seeds getting stuck up their nose causing awful sneezing. They had to go the vet & have a sinus wash to remove them but I couldn`t see anything just by looking up their nose. `Fraid it`ll be a trip to vets if he`s still sneezing & it hasn`t come out
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2006, 11:34 AM
Hi guys thanks for your replys. My sister has had Roxy all week and her OH told me he hadn't seen her sneeze once since he had got home at half 4?. But as soon as I brought her home she got out of the car and started sneezing again????

I think its getting better, shes been OK in the evenings when she's lounging about on the Sofa, maybe the pollon count was up or something? its really strange?
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-07-2006, 11:38 AM
Just a thought - have you been using any new cleaning products or perfume, hairspray, insect spray, etc.?
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2006, 11:46 AM
I dont think so? Im using Dove deoderant at the moment? but this was outside, it cant be that strong?

Our 2 massive Cherry trees are dropping all the cherrys, would this give off a certain smell??