Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2013, 06:35 PM
Twigs,
You'll always find someone on dogsey, if you're up in the middle of the night with Lily and just want to share your thoughts. When the whole family is going through the same pain, sometimes it's easier to talk to someone else.Hopefully Lily will have a peaceful night and you can get some rest xx
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-06-2013, 06:53 PM
Hi Sheena, I am so sorry to hear about Lily
My dog Bunny had a number of cerebral episodes each one leaving her more frail .
Bunny lived to the age of 16, I had her from 6 weeks old , the length of time many people have a child.
She was my friend, confidant in times of trouble and my constant companion. Many people talk about having a broken heart, when I had to let Bunny go part of my heart and my early life went with her
No one but a fellow dog owner can know what I mean...

Enjoy every moment you can get with Lily no matter how frail she will know you are there and will take comfort from that. Precious days for both of you, who could ask for more...
Twigs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-06-2013, 02:01 PM
Thank you all so much for all your kindness and understanding, some of your stories made me cry.
Well, Lily died this morning (PTS) as she went downhill and would not take any food, was still being sick and could not control her bowels/bladder any more.
With her age at nearly 16 it was too much for her. I was hoping she might recover enough to live a couple more months at least but it was not to be.
We had two lovely vets came to our home this morning and they were fantastic. We were able to be with her and say our goodbyes and she went very peacefully (except for our other dog Ted yapping!). Just can't explain how much I miss her it hurts so much, but I know many of you have been through the same thing.
Thanks again for all your messages of support it has really helped. xx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-06-2013, 02:05 PM
I am so very sorry to hear that you have lost your beloved girl

Run free lovely Lily, run free xx
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2013, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by Twigs View Post
Thank you all so much for all your kindness and understanding, some of your stories made me cry.
Well, Lily died this morning (PTS) as she went downhill and would not take any food, was still being sick and could not control her bowels/bladder any more.
With her age at nearly 16 it was too much for her. I was hoping she might recover enough to live a couple more months at least but it was not to be.
We had two lovely vets came to our home this morning and they were fantastic. We were able to be with her and say our goodbyes and she went very peacefully (except for our other dog Ted yapping!). Just can't explain how much I miss her it hurts so much, but I know many of you have been through the same thing.
Thanks again for all your messages of support it has really helped. xx
So sorry for you Twigs. You gave her a good life and you were with her until the very end. Nothing anyone can say makes you feel better at a time like this. xxx
Mattie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-06-2013, 02:30 PM
HUGS Twigs, they leave such a big hole in our hearts when they go.

I knew she would be with you a very short time, it came though with the Reiki, but obviously I couldn't say, she is running free at the Rainbow Bridge now fit and well again.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2013, 03:10 PM
I'm so sad for you that you have lost Lily. I know how hard that must have been and how much you do and will miss her. You did your very best, and loved her dearly and she would have known that.

RIP Lily.
xxx
Pysces
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-06-2013, 03:20 PM
So sorry that Lily has gone to the Bridge. RIP Lily.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-06-2013, 03:40 PM
Run free Lily, you did the absolute right thing, as soon as you said about the breathing it brought back memories of Tawney's last moments with me, each breath was so laboured and noisy I just wanted it to stop and her to be at peace.
big hugs, I know what you're going through afterwards, it wasn't fair to keep her suffering like that.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-06-2013, 03:49 PM
I've just caught this thread.

Sorry for your loss Twigs.

Run free Lily.
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >