Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dlboxerdog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-07-2007, 01:41 AM

Neighborhood dogs

As some of you may rememer, I live on a dead end dirt road. At the end of the road is 25,000 acres of a Minnesota Wildlife Preserve. Of the 11 homes on our road, 8 homes have dogs. Tonight, it seemed that all of us with dogs were taking our garbage cans out for tomorrow's pickup. We met in front of my gate, and all of the dog's got along fabulously.

There were two Australian herding dogs, a Pit Bull, and my three Boxers. Only two of them were males--my alpha dog, Roscoe and my blind dog, Rocket. The females all get along except sometimes the Pit Bull gets a little bitchy with my dog, Sarah.

It was so much fun, I asked each of my neighbors to come for dinner Saturday night. We call those kind of dinners, "pot luck" which means everyone brings a dish of food to share. Of course, we will drink wine and the children will play on the very expensive playground I had built for my granddaughter. The dogs will have a great time, but I bet the neighbors with the Pit Bull will leave her home. It will be fun for us to commune with each other. After all, we are unique in that we live on a short, dead end road, and we look after each other.

As a surgical nurse, I, unfortunately, am on call Saturday, but I can feel comfortable without drinking (or maybe I can have one glass of wine since my portly old body will not become inebriated on that small amount of wine). Should I be called into the hospital for an emergency, I feel comfortable leaving my neighbors in my yard.

We have such a great neighborhood with just the 11 homes. It is almost like having our own dog park.

I will be writing more often now, as I have left another chat group with who I subscribed. It was a group for people who were children of employees of Aramco (Arabian American Oil Company). We are called Aramco Brats. As I am 62 years old, you can deduct that I was a child in Saudi Arabia in the '50's. I have returned throughout the years, the last time being in 2000, and I do plan to travel to KSA (Kingdom of Saudi Arabia) in 2009.

I left the Aramco Brat chat group because someone faked her own death, and although the administrator knew she was alive, allowed her to continue to receive posts so she could read her own obits. Too strange for me. More like the Twilight Zone, which you may not remember as a tv program that dealt with out of this world events.

Best regards to all, Diana Lynn of Sunrise River Boxers in Stacy, MN
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2007, 02:25 AM
Souns like you have a lovely friendly bunch of neighbours and dogs and the pot luck dinners sound like great fun !
Looking forward to reading more from you )
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2007, 06:13 AM
A great entry I love your writing style. It all sounds very idyllic, looking forward to hearing about the pot luck supper.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-07-2007, 05:29 PM
Well sounds like the Aramco Brats loss is our gain (Did three contracts in KSA myself if you feel like continuing that theme!)

Generally dogs are much nicer than humans and your mention of a fake obiturary just confirms this in my view