View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2006, 01:50 PM
Went into the garden earlier, to mow the lawn.
Lawnmower broken, don't know whats wrong! Fine, didn't want to mow the lawn anyway! lol

Have done a bit of weeding on a flower bed (ok, it's a weed bed really), and cut a really prickly bush-type thing down that was scratching the front room window. It's about 10 foot high, and has 'needles' on it a few inches long! Ow, they even go through thick gardening gloves!

My seeds are doing well. The sunflowers seem to be replaced with a large plant every morning!

Sunflowers yesterday:

Sunflowers today:

China Asters yesterday:

China Asters today:
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2006, 09:16 PM
Looks like its going well.
And yes doesn't everything seem to grow at a really quick rate this time of year.

Karen
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2006, 11:46 AM
managed to plant some sunflowers, nasturtium, cucumber and pumpkins with son yesterday....
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2006, 04:29 PM
Ok, so pergola is now up and stained along with summer house. Have bought some climbers too.

Now it's pouring with rain..........
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2006, 04:40 PM
Looks like it's going to rain here too!

Nealry all my garden has been dug and raked now, and me and Mum are going to start planting tomorrow (as long as it's not raining)
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2006, 08:00 PM
Harvey's Mum sounds good I am certain we are overdue pictures
And Heather yours sound like you've broken the back of the hard work the planting is the fun bit, also pictures required.

Its been a lovely day here though really nice, I have spent most of the day in the front garden cut the grass seperated the perrenials and planted them again, hopefully this year no annuals in the front all perrenials flowers. I havedug up the large lavender which had gone woody.

In the back I have taken up 14 3x2 slabs to make more space for plants so tomorrow I will redig it over and add compost, soil conditioner etc ready for planting I want to plant a magnolia I have been growing in a pot for the last 4 year just waiting for the right place to plant him. The Magnolia is yet another half dead bargain I brought him almost dead 5 years ago but have brought him back to life.

Sorry I forgot to take pictures, but I will take some tomorrow. Before I start the gardening bit.

Karen
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2006, 06:42 AM
Cheers Kazz, hope you get in your garden as its been a wet couple of days here, and desperate to get out there. Will try to get some more pictures x
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2006, 03:02 PM
What a great thread, lovely gardens everyone!

I am considering having some annual climbers grown from seed, thinking of quick growers with plenty of colour like sweet peas and black eyed susan - anyone any other tips for nice ones that will grow easily in time for May/June please?
minda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-04-2006, 03:59 PM
I just love morning glory "grandpa otts". If you're quick you might get flowers by June!

pic here:
http://fothergillsusa.com/images/mor...randpaotts.jpg

Or nasturtiums are always beautiful.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2006, 04:13 PM
Ohh thanks Minda - we are off to B & Q tomorrow to look at Kitchens anyway, so I will sneak off to the garden centre bit and have a look at seeds.
Page 7 of 11 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »