View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2006, 09:38 AM
I'm glad your getting your garden sorted again We cut the front lawn last weekend, I was mean't to be having a drive way put down this year, but it looks like i'll have to wait until next year now....because hubby's having brain surgery within the next 6 months....so by the time he's had that done and he's fully recovered (fingers crossed) it will be winter again
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2006, 12:24 PM
My Mom is a mad keen gardener, although she does very little now due to arthritis rhumatisum and other things. However I used to think she was mad better things to do then one day it just hit me - the gardening bug-and now I am smitten. Seems to have spread to my sister, and brother are the same gardeners with a vengance

Karen
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2006, 12:39 PM
LOL Well I've just hacked down a laurel bush & a fuschia bush that were taking over the dog's hard exercise area on one side They are now reduced by about 80% & I can see the wall again

Off to do some boxes at the front soon as I have recovered from the bush felling !
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2006, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK
LOL Well I've just hacked down a laurel bush & a fuschia bush that were taking over the dog's hard exercise area on one side They are now reduced by about 80% & I can see the wall again

Off to do some boxes at the front soon as I have recovered from the bush felling !

Thats jungle clearing not gardening seriously though doesn't it make you feel better when you cut back a plant. I chopped back my sundance, and the ground I found around it was amazing.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2006, 03:43 PM
here are a few pictures of my back garden (really the front but used as the back). Managed to get the lawn cut yesterday and the flower beds done today between the showers and walking the dogs.

Looking towards the house (other side of the trellis is for the dogs)

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...m/DSCN2990.jpg

New flower bed last year

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...m/DSCN2989.jpg

Looking from the house
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...m/DSCN2988.jpg

dogs own area in front of the door

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...m/DSCN2991.jpg
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2006, 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz
Thats jungle clearing not gardening seriously though doesn't it make you feel better when you cut back a plant. I chopped back my sundance, and the ground I found around it was amazing.
LOLOL can't wait for it to stop raining so Rjj can see the extra space

Boxes at the front done & only 1/4 of the fuschia bush to go LOLOLOL

Good job thge very nice man next door is my gardener for the big job like mowing & digging, me i like the lopping myself
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2006, 04:55 PM
Sue lovely garden, and great pictures. Can I ask what have you planted in your new bed?

Joedee I haven't got any grass in the back now with two bitches it became impossible to keep patch free so I keep the grass to the front now makes life easier.

Isn't it amazing how many of us have a dog zone in the garden.

Karen
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2006, 05:14 PM
Thank you Kazz

Lets see, lavender, peony, minature azalia(Sp). hydrainga, patio roses (didn't want anything too big), daffodils and an acer for small gardens. Still got space for something else but still thinking about that one. Will probably plant bizzy lizzies again this year as they really did well last year and were a riot of colour up until the first frost and soooo cheep.

If I didn't have a separate area for the dogs the garden would resemble an army training ground with huge craters everwhere
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2006, 05:18 PM
What my garden looked like 2 years ago. With one dog a non plant digging dog you'll note

What the garden looked like last year still an on going work in progress a fence added and grass removed (the dogs had killed it)

What the garden looks like in winter this year the one bed has been made wider

It is an ongoing work in progress it always is I get ideas and off I go. God knows what I'd done with a decent sized garden never come in I expect, I do miss my grass though although the gravel was so much easier to manage I am planting some lavender, etc in the gravel this year to sort of blend it better. Last year was its first year of gravel so still ongoing.

Karen
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2006, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz
Joedee I haven't got any grass in the back now with two bitches it became impossible to keep patch free so I keep the grass to the front now makes life easier.

Isn't it amazing how many of us have a dog zone in the garden.

Karen
LOLOL Must find my camera & do some photographs 1/3rd of the back garden is tarmac for the dogs 24/7 & the other 2/3rds is grass & fruit trees

The front Garden is a totally dog free zone LOL
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »