Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2018, 07:30 AM

Daily Thread, Tuesday 3rd April.

Good morning everyone. Lot warmer outside today but still very damp. Walked Amber my foot is not so good this morning but I must persevere.

Griff, hope you have more or less finished your room now.

Chris, hope your throat is much better.

Harvey, hope Casey is feeling stronger now bless him.

Lynn, I hope Dillon is ok, I expect you will be relieved when Gill's funeral is over and she is laid to rest, you can then move on with your life. Take care.

Have a good day everyone, stay warm and dry. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-04-2018, 08:04 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow. Sun shining and no rain thank goodness.
Conservatory mopped now hopefully it will dry out.

Thank you beseoker the vans are in good condition for age and mileage.
Moyra I am dreading Thursday still not sure how I feel about going back to the house. Did speak to Peter about it yesterday when he rang, his words were we don't want to get stuck in a pub, I mentioned she had mentioned to Michael she wanted a do like mums afterwards there doesn't need to be loads of drinking most of us will be driving. I know Michael mentioned it to him but he wasn't receptive. He also mentioned when i said we are not sure if we can face the house after seeing her not well there for the final time we saw her he pointed out he has to live there and face it everyday.
I have fingers crossed got her fields of gold to be played which she told me she wanted.
I will be glad when it's over though. I will be a total mess on the day. Both boys and Maca and Joel coming to.
Mandy have a lovely birthday.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2018, 08:45 AM
Lynn, Peter can always move if he finds it too hard to view where Gill spent her last days. I would stick to your guns and do as Gill wished for a pub wake. Apologise to Peter but say you cannot do it you want to follow Gill's last wishes. I am sure you have the backing of the rest of the family.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2018, 10:35 AM
Good morning Moyra, Lynn and all who follow

Lovely set of new wheels Lynn. Do hope Dillon appreciates his new mode of transport and that you all manage to get some good use out of it this summer. Sounds that you have a good plan in place if all goes well with the access road.

Moyra hope your foot improves soon.

It is dry here at the moment but I don't think it is set to last. Have someone coming to measure for the new vinyl in the ensuite so that will then all be in hand for when the plumbers have fitted it.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2018, 11:38 AM
Afternoon all
I had typed out a massive post but got a phonecall, Steve saying he was going to the shops and did i want picking up....so i decided yes, i wanted to get a new quilt and pillows but wilko will be cheaper, so i ended up spending £17 on a new lampshade!!!! and £8 on a big conjoined mirrored photo frame, i was going to buy a cheaper lampshade but i liked the expensive one and steve said it looked a lot better for the bit extra so i have put that up
Lynn, we had trouble with my dads mums funeral and it resulted him actually sitting crying and him saying he wasn't going, trouble is when people don't put things in writing it's hard, you have to do what you want to do and as Moyra says, if Peter finds it hard being there he could always make a fresh start somewhere else.
Sun is actually shining here today, the builders were banging at dead on 8am and now they are having the window frames sprayed black..my head is killing me, i am going to go for dinner later with Steve, make the most of his time off
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-04-2018, 11:57 AM
In the greenhouse this afternoon Sue been busy

Chrysanthemums

just showimg through to bit bigger

Geranium

Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2018, 12:00 PM
Good afternoon all.

No rain - yee-haw - so a lovely long walk this morning.

Back to our usual cafe today too. Yesterday it was raining and blowing too much for them to put the canopies out so we tried a new one that lets dogs inside. First problem was coffee was cold - literally - so they brought two more from a different machine. Then the beans were only luke warm and the fried bread (which I don't normally have) was just swimming in grease. Ah well, one to cross off the list.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

03-04-2018, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I am dreading Thursday still not sure how I feel about going back to the house.
A hard time for everyone, I do hope it goes smoothly without any tantrums. Will be thinking of you.

Well done on picking up that camper van, you and Gordon and Dillon of course will love it. I really regret not having mine, it was a great vehicle and I am now convinced we should have bought it before we moved to Cetenov.

But OH never showed any interest in going anywhere in it and I'm not sure Casey would travel too well either and if he did collapse (Because of his heart) and we were hundreds of miles from home I don't know what we would do.