Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
coventrycatfish
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-11-2012, 06:17 PM

Men in the bathroom... grrr

What is it with men and toilets/toilet rolls? (I just KNOW Murf and Azz are going to have a field day with this).

Earlier today I shouted to Jon to put the seat down (because I wanted to go in after him). What does he do? Yeah, he leaves it up.

Just now, I had to shout him to ask him to fetch me another loo roll (they "live" in the back bedroom as there's no room for them in the bathroom) and he was moaning that I should have seen there was only a tiny bit left and got a fresh one first.

I pointed out that HE was the one who'd used the last one up and so he should have put a fresh one in. He said he hadn't used it all as there was a bit left (one square... honestly). Seriously, a bl**dy loo roll is such a stupid thing to argue about.

Are most men like this? Tell your bathroom secrets here.
Manyana13
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-11-2012, 06:21 PM
Ah, but they leave a square on so that they can say that the roll wasn't finished!! I think that most men are programmed this way - I grew up with 3 brothers and all 3 are still as adults the same! My other half is strangely domesticated though, think he slipped trough the net!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-11-2012, 06:28 PM
No men in this house now so the wall at the back of the loo stays clean
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2012, 06:29 PM
TBH I don't bother about it. It's half a sec to put the bog seat down.

Although I do get annoyed if someone doesn't change the loo roll when it's about to run out. Especially since OH frequently has a dicky tummy so the loo roll is kept downstairs. So if you are upstairs and suddenly notice when it's too late, there is a despairing cry from the bathroom to get a loo roll PLEASE!
coventrycatfish
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-11-2012, 06:40 PM
I wouldn't mind so much, but I'm on medication that causes me some nasty stomach issues and when I need to go, I need to go! This is probably too much info, but having to take a second to put the seat down could make all the difference in the worst possible way. Likewise, I often don't have time to check the state of the loo roll before I sit down. It just winds me up that he knows this and still can't be bothered to make a little bit of effort.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-11-2012, 06:41 PM
I have given up with the seat up seat down business more men than women here outnumbered 2 to 1.

Loo rolls not a problem Gorden is better than me at making sure our little loo roll holder stand thingy is always topped up.
The downstairs loo is my responsibility re: loo rolls as I am the one that is to lazy to go upstairs each time I need the loo during the day.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-11-2012, 06:43 PM
I don't worry about the seat up down malarky either and loo rolls are stored in a cupboard above the loo in the bathroom and the downstairs loo so no need to panic in either case.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2012, 06:51 PM
Mini you lucky lucky thing you. Loo rolls are not a problem here but dodgy aim is another matter entirely.

Husband has his own loo in his own bathroom but still insists on using mine which is also for guests, I am fed up with having to check it whenever anyone comes even though I have left it gleaming and spotless........the very worst thing is padding in there in the middle of the night in the dark, and feeling something damp under one's foot. Grrrrrrrrrrr.,
Azz
Administrator
Male 

04-11-2012, 06:56 PM
Must admit I always leave the seat up seriously tho cos I drink so much I go so much - so it just makes sense

Luckily the loo rolls are stored in the toilet so that's not a problem
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2012, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by coventrycatfish View Post
I wouldn't mind so much, but I'm on medication that causes me some nasty stomach issues and when I need to go, I need to go! This is probably too much info, but having to take a second to put the seat down could make all the difference in the worst possible way. Likewise, I often don't have time to check the state of the loo roll before I sit down. It just winds me up that he knows this and still can't be bothered to make a little bit of effort.
Oooh I'm with you all the way there! My medication doesn't allow me a second for loo seats either

Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Mini you lucky lucky thing you. Loo rolls are not a problem here but dodgy aim is another matter entirely.

Husband has his own loo in his own bathroom but still insists on using mine which is also for guests, I am fed up with having to check it whenever anyone comes even though I have left it gleaming and spotless........the very worst thing is padding in there in the middle of the night in the dark, and feeling something damp under one's foot. Grrrrrrrrrrr.,
Good for chilblains I'm told
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >