Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2011, 06:26 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I'd put up with a hurricane living with a view like that!!! I just streetviewed it, and it's overlooking Dunvegan Loch, hence the name of the garage! Oh it looks lovely, I'm gonna have to show Dave that one tonight!

I might continue searching in that area now, since you said it's a nice area, it sounds a tourist hot spot too, so there's lots of scope! Thanks for that Kirsty, but will we still be able to walk together (not when it's snowed of course!!!! )
How fabulous Skye is a massive tourist hotspot and tends to get visitors all year round too Unfortunately I would only be able to walk with you when I come up on hols as it is quite a distance from me

Have you ever visited Scotland at all H? If not, get yourself up here on your jollies and have a tour around and see which areas you like
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2011, 06:29 PM
Have a look at this thread too H

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=154612
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2011, 06:45 PM
Moobli - put in NG6 8UN and it should come up with it
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2011, 07:00 PM
I've lived in North Yorkshire since March and I love it!

I'm just outside a lovely little place called Masham, with Ripon and Catterick not far away. Harrogate is only 40 mins away as well! Plus, OH & my families are close enough that its not an all day trek to visit us, but far enough away that they aren't just popping in all the time!!

It's going to take a lot to get me to move away from here! OH will have to get THE most AMAZING job ever for me to move!!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2011, 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Have a look at this thread too H

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=154612
Absolutely stunning those pics in that thread Kirsty, I wanna moooooooove!!!

I've just found out by stumbling on an estate agent's site, that the garage I put up earlier is actually for sale separate from the house that comes with it, which means we could have a little secluded bungalow somewhere else and just purchase the garage, BUT, Dave has strong reservations about the turnover of that particular garage and says it won't keep me in dog food, let alone shoes!!!

I'll carry on searching then I'm desperately trying to find a campsite/lodge park with living up there but can't find anything, but found some gorgeous secluded homes, but no income! Don't want to do the B & B route coz we've already done that years ago and we want the house to ourselves now, wouldn't do it again.

Found a nice little number, which is mobile, which Dave can work from, and have wheels can travel, so Scotland isn't out just yet!

I hope these people who want to buy our house aren't in any kind of a hurry coz this could take a while!
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2011, 04:11 PM
Just seen this and not read through yet but I like the first one as I like the garden set up, living room a bit small but the kitchens a good set up

As for mining towns, there wont be much immediate local employment if its the same as our ex-mining towns and villages BUT I have to say, up here the GARAGES in ex-mining areas seem to do very well!! Its handier for people and they seem a bit more loyal to their local independent business' IMO.

But I think you should move here cos Loui needs a new girlfriend
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2011, 04:16 PM
I l ive not far from Thorne The reason properties are extra cheap there is because it has a reputation as a Sh*t hole!! lol
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2011, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
Just seen this and not read through yet but I like the first one as I like the garden set up, living room a bit small but the kitchens a good set up

As for mining towns, there wont be much immediate local employment if its the same as our ex-mining towns and villages BUT I have to say, up here the GARAGES in ex-mining areas seem to do very well!! Its handier for people and they seem a bit more loyal to their local independent business' IMO.

But I think you should move here cos Loui needs a new girlfriend
Lol! Wouldn't that be great!!! I've moved on to West Yorkshire now though!!!

Originally Posted by Baileys Blind View Post
I l ive not far from Thorne The reason properties are extra cheap there is because it has a reputation as a Sh*t hole!! lol
Blooming 'eck, that wouldn't suit me then, coz I come from a posh village darn sarf dontcha know!!! How very strange, that there are some fantastic, beautiful houses like in the links I posted up originally in that area, in the middle of nowhere dirt cheap then! I'm going off this idea now you've said that..... Don't fancy living in Beirut thanks, got one of those near to home where poor Dave has to run his garage!!!
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2011, 05:42 PM
It's full of gypsy's and druggies!! Ooops I'm generalising

Some f houses with land would be ok but I would get a big dog that likes to be outside at night just in case
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2011, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by Baileys Blind View Post
It's full of gypsy's and druggies!! Ooops I'm generalising

Some f houses with land would be ok but I would get a big dog that likes to be outside at night just in case
Ahhhhh, that would account for the big, metal gates and metal spikes on all the walls surrounding these properties then See, you live and learn!
Page 4 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »