Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Radar Ears
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-03-2006, 05:08 PM

Cheeky Dog

I thought I'd post this as we've read about so much cruelty lately, that I've decided to post something lighthearted, it might not seem funny now, but apparantly it was at the time !

As most of you know, I've got a Labrador, Mick and a Collie Cross, Benji

Mick was mine and my late hubby's we had him since a pup and Benji is my OH (John) and his late wife's dog, they got him at about 1 year/18months old fron Battersea.

Mick is 12 now and Benji is 10.

Now Mick has NEVER got on the bed, because he was taught from a pup that it wasn't allowed.

Benji on the other hand, was taught by John and Brenda not to get on the bed, but he chose to ignore it.

John and I come home sometimes and we know darn well that Benji has been on there because the cover is all ruckled up and it's warm.

The other day I went out early and left John in bed, when I came home John said that Benji must have thought that we'd both gone out, because as soon as the front door shut, he hopped up on the bed and stood there looking like Lord Muck !

John said "Oi, what do you think you're doing" and he said that Benji's head shot round with a such a look of astonishment on it and he immediately jumped back off again !!

Talk about being caught red - handed
ste.n.steph
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-03-2006, 05:10 PM
lol thats so funny
minda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-03-2006, 05:35 PM
Ha ha. Caught in the act! I might have to pretend to go out one day to see what my little one gets up to while I'm out.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-03-2006, 05:57 PM
When Kali was a little pup, the rule was "No getting up on the bed!". However, when Snorri-dog arrived, Mrs S decided that it shouldn't apply to him. As it wasn't fair to have one rule for one dog, and another for the other dog, the rule just dropped out of the book.

Nowadays, I'm fairly happy that it has, because now, in the morning, Mrs S lets Kali come through for a snuggle with me (she doesn't sleep well, and is often pottering about in the early hours). I find Kali's arrival good, because he is getting old now, and it's great to "commune" with him one-on-one in quality time; after all, I don't know how many more mornings we'll have, and I wouldn't want to miss even one. He wasn't a particularly "snuggly" dog in his earlier years; he may have come to it a little too late in life, but I'll make the most of his change of habit as much as I can.

The first time he was allowed through, his attitude was "Are you sure it's OK?" - now he sits and demands admittance!

Come on through, Kali, yes, it's OK! In fact, it's MORE than OK, my wonderful friend!

Snorri
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2006, 05:59 PM
haha! bless him! He'll be more careful next time! Or maybe, if he's anything like mine, he won't!

Bless him - thanks for the lighthearted tone!
Radar Ears
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-03-2006, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest
When Kali was a little pup, the rule was "No getting up on the bed!". However, when Snorri-dog arrived, Mrs S decided that it shouldn't apply to him. As it wasn't fair to have one rule for one dog, and another for the other dog, the rule just dropped out of the book.

Nowadays, I'm fairly happy that it has, because now, in the morning, Mrs S lets Kali come through for a snuggle with me (she doesn't sleep well, and is often pottering about in the early hours). I find Kali's arrival good, because he is getting old now, and it's great to "commune" with him one-on-one in quality time; after all, I don't know how many more mornings we'll have, and I wouldn't want to miss even one. He wasn't a particularly "snuggly" dog in his earlier years; he may have come to it a little too late in life, but I'll make the most of his change of habit as much as I can.

The first time he was allowed through, his attitude was "Are you sure it's OK?" - now he sits and demands admittance!

Come on through, Kali, yes, it's OK! In fact, it's MORE than OK, my wonderful friend!

Snorri
Oh Snorri,

Bless their little hearts !!

Incidentally, our dogs have always slept in our bedroom, I know some people disagree, but I like having them there, it's always been a comfort, especially when I was first on my own, before John and Benji came into our lives.

Give your two a big hug from me and the boys

Regards

Jill
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2006, 06:27 PM
Lovely story
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2006, 07:54 PM