Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2017, 07:06 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday, 12 October

Good morning all. Not very warm this morning. Have a good day everyone, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2017, 07:33 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow. Have a great time whatever you all get up to today. I might not get back on here so will say tt and catch up when I get back. No wifii where we are. Don't get up to any mischief will. Sun shining here and I am told it is raining in Inverness. Huh!! Typical.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-10-2017, 07:38 AM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Good morning all. Not very warm this morning. Have a good day everyone, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Similar here. My dear wife is going out for lunch with a friend so me and the dog will be left alone..........to get up to any mischief we can........

Ever so slightly more seriously, we'll walk to the pharmacy to get our meds. It's about a three mile stroll each way so that will take up much of our allocation for today.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2017, 07:55 AM
Good morning Moyra, Brenda, Beseoker and all who follow

Enjoy your holiday Brenda and hope the weather isn't as bad as forecast]

Enjoy your day of "mischief" Beseoker and I am sure Max will enjoy whatever you two get up to.

Hope you have a good day Moyra

Hope all two and four legged are well

Lovely here this morning. I too am off to pick up Barry's prescription then we are off to Nymans for a wander round. Never been before so somewhere different.

Have a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2017, 08:34 AM
Morning all
Brenda, have fun...but No wifi!!!!!!!!!!!!! i would literally die Lol
Harvey i am pleased Lara's neck seems better. Lol...i am a proper chatterbox me, will talk to anyone, helps pass the time and sometimes you might be the only person that person speaks to that day or for the next few days so nice to be nice.
Need to go to town to get my bits and bobs, haven't been for about a week so lots of little things i need to do
My dad went absolutely mental at me last night, my friend round the corner asked would i walk to the garage with her...so i said yes, of course i would. Told my dad that she had asked me to walk to the garage with her and he went mental saying she could go on her own and i should watch what i am doing?? i don't do anything, that's the point, i am like a prisoner, my phone goes and i am constantly asked who is that?, if i go out and get chatting i am called to see where i am, and if i actually do want to go out i need to say where i am going....i am 37 years old!!! Just told him to do one, wants to watch that i don't do what i did before...pack a bag and go
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

12-10-2017, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
My dad went absolutely mental at me last night, my friend round the corner asked would i walk to the garage with her...so i said yes, of course i would. Told my dad that she had asked me to walk to the garage with her and he went mental saying she could go on her own and i should watch what i am doing?? i don't do anything, that's the point, i am like a prisoner, my phone goes and i am constantly asked who is that?, if i go out and get chatting i am called to see where i am, and if i actually do want to go out i need to say where i am going....i am 37 years old!!! Just told him to do one, wants to watch that i don't do what i did before...pack a bag and go
Thing is Griff, we are living in 2017 not 1917 and the world is a much more dangerous place. If it was getting dark of course you would be better as a pair than on your own. Your Dad should have asked about you getting back on your own. Doesn't matter what age you are, there are nutcases out there, and you read about them everyday in the media. He could have said "Give us a ring when you are heading back" that way he could have expressed his concerns without going mental and he would have known that if you were just one minuteover the time it takes to walk back he could be out there looking for you and maybe even prevent an attack.

BTW have you bolted a lump of lead around the bottom of your crutches would make a mugger think twice if he saw that
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-10-2017, 12:42 PM
Griff, I'm sure it is because your dad loves you and worries about you. Like Harvey says, sadly it is 2017 and no one is safe even driving down the road, judging by the latest scam I am hearing about. None of us wants you to get accosted by some low life, just like your dad doesn't. Think the lead may be a good idea, but would you be able to walk dragging the lump of lead
Nice morning here, girls been for a trip into the woods and are settled with bones with their doors open. Roofers next door have all been to say hello and fall in lurve. Quick tip trip, and going to check the forecast to ensure its dry for the next 24 hours and I can (at last) put a 2nd coat on the parts of their new house which is under the canopy so was left when I had to choose which was the most urgent, obviously the parts open to the elements won.
Just seen we are in for a heatwave over the weekend, so bikini out Griff
Hoping you have a lovely holiday Brenda, know its unlikely you'll read this, but have a great time anyway
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2017, 12:50 PM
Ooooooooooooooooooooo really...a heatwave...i look ill i am that pale Lol i am too scared to get a spray tan Lol
No, he wasn't worried about me at all, i think he thinks that i am going and meeting Steve or something...i wasn't and i am not, we are friends who chat and that's that, if somebody asks me for a favour i do it if i can. I was round Roz's the other week and we were chatting for about an hour or so, i was 2 mins round the corner, he could have come for me if he was worried so that wasn't the case..he rung me up asking where i was!!! i had told him i was going to Roz's, i went to meet my cousin and they rung me when i was getting off the bus and he actually said to my mum are you sure she's with Hayleigh, at the end of the day, it is my life and i will do with it what i want and i am not going to be explaining where i am all the time...that stage of my life is loooooong gone
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-10-2017, 08:43 PM
Hello all
Hope you are all ok
Griff I'd be angry too, I hate being questioned lol but I'm sure your dad just worries, have you told him you not happy
Aww the girlies been batting their eye lashes at the roofers
Been a lovely morning, I went to SW then Physio, she's told me that theirs no way I'm going to be able to go back on counters at work for a while, but I'm ok on checkouts for a while. I've got some more excises to do.
I'm looking forward to the heatwave I finish at 2pm then got Saturday & Sunday off
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-10-2017, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Thing is Griff, we are living in 2017 not 1917 and the world is a much more dangerous place. If it was getting dark of course you would be better as a pair than on your own. Your Dad should have asked about you getting back on your own. Doesn't matter what age you are, there are nutcases out there, and you read about them everyday in the media. He could have said "Give us a ring when you are heading back" that way he could have expressed his concerns without going mental and he would have known that if you were just one minuteover the time it takes to walk back he could be out there looking for you and maybe even prevent an attack.

BTW have you bolted a lump of lead around the bottom of your crutches would make a mugger think twice if he saw that
I don't know if it is getting more dangerous. But probably from those who seek to get money for drugs. I am constantly admonished by our neighbour for going out with my camera because someone might bash me over the head and nick it for drug money. They could and might.

If I was walking alone it might be more of a concern. But the presence of that big hairy beast maybe, just maybe, makes the felons think that there easier targets.

Whatever, it's a comfort factor especially in the darker evenings.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >