View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2017, 04:25 PM
Lol...try having a Staffy off lead near a kid Lol, to be fair...i always clip mine on lead if i see children as i can just do without the grief
Excellent use of happy smilies Kazz
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2017, 04:29 PM
Thanks everyone, cannot tell you how relieved I am but then you can all appreciate that. June some people have some funny ideas I wonder if they were thinking is it safe to allow their dog any freedom?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-10-2017, 04:45 PM
Hello everyone not long back from seeing Gill.
Would of been earlier but one of my mud flaps decided to half detach itself, I pulled over rang Gorden and he said stay in the lay-by and I will come with some cable ties and fix it.
I was between Soham and Ely he didn't get to me till nearly half four so I waited for about an hour then we hit all the rush hour traffic.

Gill was up Neill her son and his partner and Jack were over they drove up from Wales last night and she was in bed more toilet problems through the night. She knew I was going over with extra sheets and that Neill and Linda and Jack would be going over so she got up. Doctor came but Gill wouldn't allow her to do a rectal examination.
Peter has been told to contact the district nurses for them to go in more often. She has her oncology appointment Tuesday if she can make it.
Also off her food again unless crisps and chocolate which the doctor has told her she should not be eating and to drink 6 to 8 glasses of water daily.

Sorry only skimmed through not much going in at the moment.
Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2017, 04:50 PM
Lynn, i am sure seeing her family will have given Gill a bit of a boost, sorry about the mud flap, what a pain
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-10-2017, 05:01 PM
Could of done without it to be honest but sorted now. Been a funny kind of day.
Out with Lauren and Joel tomorrow for coffee looking forward to it shattered with the drive and emotions.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-10-2017, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Never think of that,most people think GSD,husky or malamute and tell me how to look after and train them, after all, how would I know Oh and I shouldn't let them offlead and they are dangerous with small children
Nice to see you in good spirits........
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-10-2017, 05:52 PM
Oh you'll be mentally drained as well as physically,Lynn. Hoping your visit did give Gill a lift
Moyra, they had their dog on one of those extending leads and it was dragging them about, so they obviously have never bothered to train it. Thats why I put leads on mine in case they wanted to let it off, but they walked along the fenceline as near as they could get to me instead. I was on the other side of the field in the corner though as far away from them as I could be!!!
I too keep mine onlead near children Griff, because you just don't know and everyone is safer that way. All the kids in the village know they don't scream or wave their hands in the air and if they approach nicely they can stroke the girls.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-10-2017, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Never think of that,most people think GSD,husky or malamute and tell me how to look after and train them, after all, how would I know Oh and I shouldn't let them offlead and they are dangerous with small children
Know what you mean about people's attitude to dogs, small children and the lead. But I have found it to more of an issue for the parents than the children. They love the big, soft furry beast - and it's reciprocated.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2017, 07:25 PM
Awwww Lynn, hope you feel better tomorrow and hopefully the weathr will be nice for your time with the family.
TW, there are a few kids here who always ask if they can stroke the dogs...if i know their parents i say yes, if i don't i won't let them.
Had a shower, written the cards for the twins and put the money inside, i had to check if £20 each was mean or an acceptable amount for 1year olds...i didn't want to embarrass myself although flav and vitor said just bring myself that is enough of a gift. Need to do some ironing, i am not sure what to wear..i don't want to turn up all dressed up if others aren't but don't want to go in my jeans if everyone else is making an effort
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-10-2017, 07:54 PM
Griff pop a dress on
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >