register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-10-2017, 02:15 PM
Buy black ones next time, Griff, with white spots, then she can't say they are too dark or too pale
Had all the girls out before the rain set in, was forecast for noon, but stayed dry till after 1pm. Walked them up to the track leading to the woods and let Kesh loose, and she went off like a tracker dog, nose to the ground, took her in several areas and she did find some of whatever it is, Mabs joined her to look as well. She only has a couple of mouthfuls and then moves on, fascinating me this is. Will never find out what it is I know A shame its so steep to get into the woods, but she was lagging behind again on the way back, so I know I did the right thing, but if I could get her strong enough to walk up that hill, then there's loads of it in the woods, going on how she has reacted to being there before.
Shame its come to you having to move Lynn, and hoping your independent drive is nearer than you think
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2017, 03:43 PM
TW, i used to use a product called Stress when mine started licking the soil, you can't get it now as it has been replaced by SF-50 wonder would that help? i know gardeners buy little kits to analyse the soil...wonder would that shed any light on things?
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-10-2017, 04:15 PM
Good afternoon al. Sounds as if some of you have had a soggy day. It has been forecast to rain here today - but we have been spared it so far.

On one of my walks I met a guy with an Alaskan Akita. Beautiful, very friendly, and she romped around a bit with Max. Made him look quite small. Must be some sort of conjuring trick involved to make a 35kg dog look like a Jack Russell by comparison.....
But they got along just fine.......
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-10-2017, 06:48 PM
Helllooooo. Back from Mark and Lauren's.
Had a lovely day wonderful dinner and some laughs with all the kids. Dropped Michael and Maca back at the station for the 7pm train.
Just in fed Dillon who was lying by the back door must of heard the car pull up on the drive.

No words griff.
It is amazing June how dogs seem to know what to eat to help heal.

I hope the new house isn't to long in coming either Moyra.
June we would always of moved this episode has just spurred it on somewhat. House to close to the road, never felt homely, and if people visit not easy to just pull onto the drive off the road. It will all come together I am sure at some point.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-10-2017, 07:27 PM
Everyone in bed now, lights out. Have left all the doors open because its warm tonight, will go out later to tuck everyone in.
Kesh didn't want a pear like the others, sniffed at it and walked away, I had a raw carrot in my pocket, and offered her that and she took it. Why all of a sudden are Apples and Pears a big no, but bananas and carrots are OK. Like you say Lynn,animals know exactly what they need. Just hoping for good news on Tuesday and her levels have gone up on their own without resorting to drugs, will obviously do it if I have to because the alternative breaks my heart
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2017, 07:52 PM
TW Glad they all asleep for now, I just think they can be so fussy at times, Rosie usually loves banana & I always share mine with her, today she didn't just turn her nose up - she spat it out I can vouch that there was nothing wrong with my banana
Lynn glad you had a good day

Well I honestly thought I'd posted on here earlier but it's not here so obviously not
I watched F1 this morning, It's rained most of the day Rosie had to do a quick dash up the garden
We had homemade chicken kebabs with wraps & salad for dinner today, didn't fancy the whole roast dinner.
Liam & Sarah have gone to Tenerife for a week, lucky them. Looks a lovely hotel
I rang my mum for a chat too, she's getting fed up of only having one arm, she's at hospital on Friday to see if her wrist has healed, if not I think it's another 6 weeks in pot. I can't remember if I said but she fell 3 weeks ago walking Buddy.
I've just caught up with strictly from yesterday, now watching xfactor on +1
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2017, 08:00 PM
I have just looked that question up for you June and seems that unpeeled Apples and unpeeled pears are medium high Salicylates which is similar to Aspirin/salicylic acid. Bannanas and carrots are low? just a thought.

Look it up.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-10-2017, 08:05 PM
Oooh thats really interesting. Asprin being a natural pain killer,wonder why she would reject them and go for the low content fruit. Vet told me to give her paracetamol, now I always thought dogs couldn't have that, but could have asprin. I was obviously very wrong about that!!!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2017, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by Mandyuk1 View Post
TW Glad they all asleep for now, I just think they can be so fussy at times, Rosie usually loves banana & I always share mine with her, today she didn't just turn her nose up - she spat it out I can vouch that there was nothing wrong with my banana
Lynn glad you had a good day

Well I honestly thought I'd posted on here earlier but it's not here so obviously not
I watched F1 this morning, It's rained most of the day Rosie had to do a quick dash up the garden
We had homemade chicken kebabs with wraps & salad for dinner today, didn't fancy the whole roast dinner.
Liam & Sarah have gone to Tenerife for a week, lucky them. Looks a lovely hotel
I rang my mum for a chat too, she's getting fed up of only having one arm, she's at hospital on Friday to see if her wrist has healed, if not I think it's another 6 weeks in pot. I can't remember if I said but she fell 3 weeks ago walking Buddy.
I've just caught up with strictly from yesterday, now watching xfactor on +1
Ouch to your Mom sorry I do not recall seeing this.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2017, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Oooh thats really interesting. Asprin being a natural pain killer,wonder why she would reject them and go for the low content fruit. Vet told me to give her paracetamol, now I always thought dogs couldn't have that, but could have asprin. I was obviously very wrong about that!!!
But asprin is also a blood thinner June
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >