Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2017, 07:18 AM

Daily Thread, Friday, 29th September

Good morning all.

June, how is Keshi this morning? A lot better I hope, poor lass.

I hope everyone else is ok both two and four legged.

Have a good day all, stay warm and dry and above things safe and well. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2017, 08:06 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Hope Keshi is a little better today June and what ever is wrong with the car is cheap and easily fixed.

Hope your friend soon recovers well Kazz. Nice to have a catchup over a good lunch

Dull here this morning. Have taken a chance and hung the washing out and might have a potter in the garden later. Lovely catchup with friend yesterday and gave her her Christmas present early. She has been looking for a small bird bath and we found one the other week so gave it to her early in case she finds one on her travel round garden centres. She was well pleased.

Have a good day and stay sae and well.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2017, 08:16 AM
Morning all and all to follow. Pouring with rain here just hope it stops soon as we are off for a birthday lunch for my daughter Sara. Hope Keshi is better this morning June. Did they check for a closed pyo? Just hope it isn't that brewing.
Have a good day and maybe catchup later.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-09-2017, 08:32 AM
Morning Moyra, Sue, brenda and all who follow.

Boiler engineer just left after doing annual service. All good.
About to take Dillon for a walk after Gorden has moved the car onto the road. Van arriving today to remove Paul and Beth's rubbish. That's why the hedging has been cut back.
When all that is done we will be popping out for a bit. Hoping car will be ready later today to and that Austen will buy it back.

June hope Kesh is brighter today.
Hope everyone and four legged friends are well.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2017, 09:13 AM
Good morning, it's a glorious day here .....so far

I have a new camera so would like to go and take some pics of the waves at high tide. Brian is not so keen, I need him to take me. Im not sure Tango would manage our hills!

My son and DiL are going to London for the weekend today. Paul is driving which means I shall be a nervous wreck. I worry so much about the roads these days.

I hope all o f you are well and your doggies too xx
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-09-2017, 09:18 AM
Now have to pay to drive in London before going, so best to stay outside and going in by train
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2017, 09:27 AM
Hi Tumble, I think when I say, going to London, its a bit of an exaggeration. They are going to a wedding. Well outside the city
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-09-2017, 09:42 AM
Kesh is OK this morning, but no real change in her demeanour. Brenda, he scanned her the first time I took her as that was my first thought, as she is in season I thought it may be an open pyo, but saw the scan as it was being done and absolutely clear, nothing there. Just a waiting game and hoping whatever it is will get sorted out.
Started the car and the rev counter started flicking up and down, but it was going. Came in and rang John at the garage and he said right bring it over. Everytime I tried to set off it cut out, then it was half in half out of the space blocking the road, guy from the Council stopped and offered help. I tried it again and it fired up and looked positive so I got in and drove off quickly before it changed its mind, which is how I got home last night. Left it with John and he's going to have a look and see if he can just keep it going for a bit longer for me while I see if I can get a cheap Peugeot estate or something, because they are reliable cars and I'll be able to do vets trips and shopping in it until I know where I am financially, which is after the wall is up and the bushes are planted
Birdbath sounds lovely, Sue. I keep thinking of getting one for the front garden, but not seen anything I really like at my price, so far, but keep my eyes open.
Great they are clearing the mess at last Lynn, its taken a while for them to get the hint, now all they have to do is clear the dog mess that gets left. Can't abide that at all
Nippy, get out there and photograph the waves, Brian needs to find his sense of adventure
Raining here but should clear soon according to forecast, and I'll get them out. Will take Kesh out for a short walk, and Lona with her, as she is slow, but not as slow as Kesh. Then the other 2 can go for a run in the woods or something.
Sons picking me up to take me shopping between 2 and 3 and I do a big shop for the week, once thats done and dusted all I have to worry about is transport, and will I be able to do the bone run on Tuesday
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2017, 10:58 AM
Morning all..........just about!!! got up late, yay for me
Brenda, enjoy your lunch
Nippy, have fun taking photos of the waves...if brian obliges
Lynn, hope Austen buys the car back if that's what you want
Hi Moyra, hope you are o.k?
Sue, good idea giving your friend her pressie early
Hi Tumbleweed
TW, hope Keshi perks up a bit
got to go to the Drs, fetch mine and my dads drugs then go to the vet and pay for Dex's drugs...£132!! he will be 20 in january ...if he makes it, can't believe it
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2017, 01:46 PM
That's incredible Griff, have had an expensive morning myself. Yesterday when coming home I was cut up by a car and had to move over and caught the nearside kerb. There musty have been something projecting out from the kerb because I just about got home to find I had a puncture. So because of my mobility problems I had to find someone who could come out and take my tyre off and check my spare, which was thankfully ok, that cost me £25 well £20 but because I was so grateful I gave him £25. Then I had to drive down to the local tyre repair place and buy a new tyre as they said the old one was irrepairable..........another £40! Still I am back on the road again. Thank God things like this do not happen often.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >