View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2017, 10:38 AM
well Lynn, even if Paul and Beth can't or don't buy your place, at least they have begun sorting stuff out on the drive by trimming stuff back and i totally agree, this time, you don't want to have to rush...hopefully be your last move?
You all know i drink in a legion club right? well my dads dad was the secretary years back, he died in 1979 and they named a room after him, he has a wooden plaque above the door and there are some old photos of soldiers and airmen...one being my dads dad, anyway, they did the room up, took down the photos and plaque that were in the hallway and despite assurances, they haven't gone back up. It would appear that the new lot that have come in want to get rid of everything legion related, i have said repeatedly that if the photos aren't going back up i want to take the one that belongs to my family back out as it doesn't belong to the club but is on loan, i am going to say this weekend that i want to get copies done so i would like to borrow it whilst the pictures are down....i suspect that they may have been chucked in a skip, the steward keeps saying he wants to paint the frames...he has been saying this for 3 months and that he needs to ask someone who used to be the secretary about how to put the plaque back up
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-09-2017, 10:57 AM
Oh noooo griff why run a legion club if you want rid of everything legion related ? That will be very bad if they have chucked those photos on a skip they will mean something to someone like your grandad's does.
Can't see them being very popular if that's what they have done.

Yes absolutely right at least they seem to of started to tidy a bit. The mattress has gone at least and a few other bits. Still lots to get rid of though to be able to sort the space for the van and get it off the road. Gorden was going to knock last night to ask about parking in front of it as he had an early start anyhow he didn't so they know we know they are parking it on the road.
I shan't say anything just let it be unless they mention it.
Really would like to be in control this time like we have been on other moves in the past. Yes will be our last one can't be doing this again.
We thought Fennells would be our last but one if things hadn't gone horribly wrong for us.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-09-2017, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Harvey re: auction properties we often see them but a bit worrying if they go over the money we would have to spend. Wouldn't ask any favours from Paul and Beth. To be fair as soon as contracts signed they will be responsible for a mortgage on this property so will need a tenant in asap and also really do want pressure this time around and then have to take whatever is available due timing.
So think we will stick to the old fashioned method.
Hi Lynn, yes do fully understand, it was just an idea. My niece had just split with her partner (and was back living with Mum & Dad) and I think they split everything 50:50 so didn't have problem with a mortgage and was able to live at parents for as long as it took to do up the place. Not often all those things combine, has never happened with us
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

28-09-2017, 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
they named a room after him, he has a wooden plaque above the door and there are some old photos of soldiers and airmen...one being my dads dad, anyway, they did the room up, took down the photos and plaque that were in the hallway and despite assurances, they haven't gone back up. It would appear that the new lot that have come in want to get rid of everything legion related,
What a crazy attitude, bet they still want all the old customers to come in and drink there

Since you are a regular they must know the connection to the room and the photos. Hope you can get your hands on them.

Casey just positioned himself behind me, waiting for the tell tale sign that we are going walkies I'm taking him on to the vets after for a new prescription for his Cariosure (Heart medication) and so they can have a look at his leg where there's a small patch (10p size) with no fur and he keeps licking it.

Will do a 'catch up' tonight. Hope everyone is doing well, bye for now.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-09-2017, 01:29 PM
A good idea Harvey but we are at the age of being past risk taking.
Your niece's situation sounded ideal. It's a shame because there are some really nice properties at good guide prices and as we know prices round this way are cheap.

It worries me with regard to Paul and Beth taking on extra mortgage. They have a mortgage on their house this would be buy to let mortgage, then the van and car are on finance, children go to private school and Beth is self employed. Turns me grey just thinking about it and what if the business failed. Two years ago they struggled and took out an interest only mortgage to keep the already house they have.
Still it's their business and they are adults so if they can pull it together I will not be talking them out of it.
I still have nightmares with regard to Gorden being made redundant the capita thing going excuse the expression t*ts up and the business doing ok but late payments etc., putting us in dire straits.
Look at the sacrifice we had to make to keep a roof over our heads and although we worried about the boys they were adults.
Still up to them what lengths they are prepared to go to to claim the access rights back. Plus sensibly it will be Beth's pension part pot or part of it will and they will invest the children's share of Paul's mums money in this house for them.
You just hope they get good tenants.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-09-2017, 01:47 PM
Griff, that is horrid they have more than likely dumped your family piccies and tried to blot out the history of the club.
Well Kesh perked up slightly on the way out, but by the time we were coming over the bridge she had lagged behind and stayed like that. Lagged behind all the way to the woods. Let her offlead and she was very slow going up the hill, not like she normally is. Was a bit better going through the woods, but no life in her at all, its like she's drugged or drunk. Then on the way back I stopped and she stopped and lay down, and I honestly thought she had collapsed, so gave her a minute, then said come on lets go, and she got up, Zen was a good distance away wondering where we were. Anyway got to the bit where we usually stop and I tidy them up and she lay flat on her side, again not normal. She keeps rooting in soil, so she's obviously trying to self medicate, trying to work out what it is she's searching for. I'm going to have bloods done if we are still in the same situation on Monday.
Been to the tip, and only forgotten to take all the cardboard trays from the food delivery last week, its recycling collection tomorrow but don't have the paper and cardboard bin, going to ask Frank over the road if he has room in his for them
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-09-2017, 02:12 PM
Is kesh eating the soil June ?
Seen this I remembered reading about dogs and missing minerals and vitamins and eating soil. Or possibly another type of underlying condition.

http://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com...dogs-eat-dirt/
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2017, 02:32 PM
Hi All, Hope you get Kesh seen to soon. June I wouldn't wait until Monday.
I am without tv at the moment as the transmitter has gone down. So watching dvd's. They say they will fix it soon and the engineers are working on it but can't say how long. Ah well good job most things are repeated and also can be seen on computer. Have a good afternoon all. June take Kesh before the weekend. They must have an appointment you can have.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-09-2017, 02:53 PM
Just read that link, Lynn. None of it applies to Kesh really as her diet is pretty well balanced, she has plenty of bone, nothings changed and they were all wormed last week.
I'll ring the vets now and see if they can get me in tomorrow because definitely something wrong here, she is asleep in bed now, well not asleep because her eyes are open and she is awake, but just not right at all
Got an appointment at 6.10 tonight
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-09-2017, 03:59 PM
Poor Kesh and what a worry for you June.
Hope the vet can see her soon and it is a simple fix.

That's a pain brenda re: the transmitter.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >