Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

19-06-2017, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
tried hosing him down once he kept running away.
Yep, that's exactly what Casey does When we were out this morning I did manage to sprinkle a little water over his head and back, normally he even objects to that
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

19-06-2017, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
A little tail from roday that might amuse.....
A delivery. I went to the door and, as usual, Max goes with me. The delivery guy was clearly terrified.
"Please get your dog under control."
I suppose we are quite lucky in that it's still 'rural' around here and that means most folk are very much aware of, and know about most animals, not just dogs.

Some delivery people do look at him, never had one say "Please get your dog under control" if they did I would respond with a long lecture on 'How to read a dog' with references to professor Corens book 'How dogs think'

All that before I signed for the parcel and hopefully taking at least 5 minutes (thus delaying him).

I can't stand people who don't take a few hours of learning to do their job. If you're going to be a postman or a delivery driver you are absolutely guaranteed to come across dogs.

So, even if your employer doesn't give you the trainning, it's so easy to research it on the internet now that there is no excuse.

P.S.
If the guy had a medical fear of dogs he should not be doing that job, simples.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

19-06-2017, 09:01 PM
Well folks it's really been hot today (Yes you all know that but has to be said )

I can't recall anytime it has been hotter in England. Didn't do much all day which has annoyed me 'cos there's still a lot to do in the workshop and the garden.

Could (maybe) have got out and done a bit if I was younger but as we were saying last night the heat effects you more as you age

Anyway, best wishes to all out there, see you tomorrow.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2017, 09:02 PM
TW don't know how you manage all that today, lol
When my mum was a postie, they had to learn how to deal with dogs, but mum also told me many people quite happily let their dogs practically attack them! Which is also not right, mum got bit twice,( mums had dogs all her life) the owner is lucky to not get prosecuted. He has to fetch his post now, no one will deliver due to his lack of conntroll over his dog.
Rosie runs away from water too
Right need a cuppa
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2017, 09:03 PM
Night Losos
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-06-2017, 09:16 PM
Cooling down a bit only a bit mind. 26.5 indoors at the moment.
Pleasant outside but still warm. Weird I thought the further down the garden I walked the cooler it got.
Harvey when we first moved here I was always amazed at the amount of tradesmen who did not have a problem with dogs and would talk about their own dogs. Postmen/women round here love dogs and our heating engineer gets on the floor with Dillon and always offers to look after him if we want to holiday without him.
They are of course always shocked at his size even though warned he is big.

June phew what a day for you.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-06-2017, 09:16 PM
Has to be done, Mandy. I've usually got everything done by end of May start of June, but it kept raining, so everythings late. I've done the bad stuff now, all the nice stuff to come, planting out and watching everything grow and the garden take shape.
My postman has told me some hair raising stories as regards the dogs on some rounds. Unbelievable really that people think its OK to let it happen
Hope you're having a nice week off, you picked the right one thats for sure
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2017, 09:33 PM
Kota had a walk and did her business before school...did well at school and came home. Still scorchio so chucked 3of their 4beds out of each of their crates...popped a wet towel on the remaining beds, put both dogs in the shower have the fan on and into bed...both having a fit because their is a wet towel in each crate!!! Have given up and taken it out, deags thinks she is being abused in some way with only having one bed lol
For those hoomans struggling, eBay had some gel cool pillow things for £4 something....so I bought 1for each hman and 1for each dog...should be here Thursday, shall we take a bet on when the rain comes?? Thursday no doubt lol
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2017, 09:44 PM
Hi
Late on the goWeather has been fab so haven't been indoors muchWill savour every secondLeave the housework till night time,just finished up,all done and dusted
Will have a wee catch up,see what's been happening.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-06-2017, 09:57 PM
Spot on Griff, it is thunderstorms as well. Thought of those gel pillows myself, but I like a lot of pillows and they are probably thin, anyhow I await your road test of them. Girls really do like the large cool mats I got them from B&M so a good buy and must work because they spend a lot of time on them with fans at either end
Eilleen I do need to do some housework really, by the time I've done my garden stuff and cleaned up after the girls I am too shattered to iron or dust. Make the most of the weather, back to normal by the weekend I can dust and iron then, won't go away will it
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >