Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SKaella
New Member!
Female 

25-02-2013, 04:51 PM

My other pets :)

Hi! As I already told you guys, I'm an animal lover.

SO I got plenty of other pets. So here's some of them :P

Here's my starling bird ( rescue bird ). His name is Puru-Puru, it's a 3 year old male :P

Here's Lucy, my Lavender Motley Striped Corn Snake, it's a female and she is lovely ♥

This is Mada, my male ball python who is absolutely gergous ♥

I got more but I can't find pictures of them
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-02-2013, 04:54 PM
Wow! Must say I was surprised to see a caged starling. But then saw that you are not in the UK. I doubt anyone in the UK would think of a starling as a 'cage bird' (unless it was being kept caged to be released again later). But I don't live in the UK now - I am in the middle east and am often surprised at the sort of birds/animals they keep as pets here too.
manydogz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-02-2013, 06:47 AM
I've had snakes and birds and rats and gerbils and hamsters and guinea pigs over the years. Now that i'm old with much less energy i'm content with 6 dogs and 4 cats.
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2013, 09:58 AM
Lucy is especially lovely
I adore that photo of Puru-Puru though!

Snakes are lovely - I have *ahem* a few myself lol
SKaella
New Member!
Female 

26-02-2013, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Wow! Must say I was surprised to see a caged starling. But then saw that you are not in the UK. I doubt anyone in the UK would think of a starling as a 'cage bird' (unless it was being kept caged to be released again later). But I don't live in the UK now - I am in the middle east and am often surprised at the sort of birds/animals they keep as pets here too.
Haha no it's not a pet here either, in fact I don't think you have the permission to have one.

It's cause we were walking outside when we saw a baby starling bird ( feather less ) on the floor, kid were trying to make him smokes ciggarets -_- We took it back home and took care of him, but unfortually, since he was so young, wr removed his instinct : He can't feed himself, he isnt scared of anything, and cant fly for a long time and will freeze outside. So we have to keep him xD But his cage is huge ( 5 ft by 5 ft ) and he got free time in the house an hour a day Same thing for my grackle, we find him outside too, as a baby
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2013, 05:50 PM
Is Mada on the sofa? Makes a change from dogs!

Puru Puru looks a character. We don't see very many starlings around here now.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2013, 05:53 PM
Oh I see. How lucky you got him away from those kids.

I am laughing at Manydogz saying she is content with 6 plus 4 now! Makes it sound as if that is a huge reduction but she will put up with it!
SKaella
New Member!
Female 

26-02-2013, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
Is Mada on the sofa? Makes a change from dogs!

Puru Puru looks a character. We don't see very many starlings around here now.
Yes haha both snakes love to be on the sofa :3

And yeah, and those are so lovely! But god, good thing that ose aren't sold as pet, it takes a lot of time to take care of them, and it's complicated They actually eat a mixture of dog food mixed with chicken seed that you need to change 3 times a day cause it's only good for 5 hours, and they need plenty of free time in the house, training ( or else those are aggresive ), you need to trim their nails and beak, you need to heal him by yourself, vet dont care for them since its illegal, and you also need to give them eggs, fruits, vegetable and such XD

Takes a lot of time and effort to make good birds out of them But when you do it, its a wonderfull bird ( whois really intelligent, he knows how to open every cage and such, wich make it hard to close his cage ( we use cadena now ) )

And those are immitating us! Mine is actually speaking like us ( kind of like a parrot ).

You guys can go checkn Youtube ! Talking Starling Bird there is a lot of the,
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2013, 01:16 PM
Great photos - love snakes in photos but couldn't own one as I hate the feel of them Your beautiful bird Puru-Puru is stunning and looks in the most fantastic condition. Over here in the UK it is illegal to cage wild birds unless you are licensed. Well done for rescuing him though - I dread to think what would have happened if you hadn't come to the rescue.
SKaella
New Member!
Female 

01-03-2013, 03:50 PM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Great photos - love snakes in photos but couldn't own one as I hate the feel of them Your beautiful bird Puru-Puru is stunning and looks in the most fantastic condition. Over here in the UK it is illegal to cage wild birds unless you are licensed. Well done for rescuing him though - I dread to think what would have happened if you hadn't come to the rescue.
Illegal here too, but the law isn't really well maintain haha really small city so

And thanks !