View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rusty268
New Member!
Female 

24-06-2010, 11:09 AM

Rescue Fun Weekend to raise money for NESSR (North East)

Always a great weekend to raise money for the brilliant work that this rescue charity does, also a great way of showing off the dogs that need a home

The North East Springer Spaniel Rescue fun weekend is being held on Saturday 17th and Sunday 18th July.

Always a packed event it promises to be bigger and better this year, hosted at Druridge Bay Country Park, NE61 5BX (Towards Amble, and right on the Northumberland Coast).
It will run 10am-4pm with FREE ENTRY (car parking charges apply).

It’s a great charity event and here is a list of some of the things that will be happening over the weekend, with many more still being added.
- Falconry Display
- Gun Dog Display
- Sled Dog Display
- Fun Dog Show
- Flyball Demonstration (incorporating the Tyne Tailwaggers BFA Flyball Competition)
- Agility Demonstration and ‘have a go’
- Trade Stands (including Home basked dog treats, NESSR goods, Tombola, Veterinary bedding, toy stall).
- Bar
- Food
- Microchipping

There will be something for everyone and all breeds are welcome, so spread the word and add the date to your diary

NESSR Fun Weekend
17th -18th July 2010 10am-4pm
Druridge Bay Country Park, NE61 5BX
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2010, 11:38 AM
and lets hope the rain stays off this year, thanks for the plug, i will be there once again, either judging the dog show, or putting dogs over the agility. Come say hello if you make it, and if you can't find me ask someone with staff on their back they'll point you in the right direction
rusty268
New Member!
Female 

24-06-2010, 12:13 PM
awww good

Do you know if we are going to be able to put our own dogs over, as i know there is a tournament?

Plus, please feel free to add things that are happening as they come in, i know they were still waiting for a few replies off people.

xxx
BigBearsRule
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-06-2010, 12:43 PM
Hello and Welcome from my cloudy part of Northumberalnd.
I went last year and had a really good time. My kids loved watching the sled displays.
rusty268
New Member!
Female 

24-06-2010, 12:55 PM
yeh, it was really good the last time i went, and my dog loved it, even better if the weather is good helps thats its right next to the beach so you can just pop across the dunes.

xxx
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2010, 01:00 PM
what on the flyball or Agility?? its a full flyball tournament the agility you will be able to have a go. thats usually my domain
BigBearsRule
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-06-2010, 01:08 PM
#best bit after the show is to drive thru Cresswell and get ice-cream from the fantastic shop there. They do so many flavours and its all delicious, highly recommended and very popular too
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2010, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by BigBearsRule View Post
#best bit after the show is to drive thru Cresswell and get ice-cream from the fantastic shop there. They do so many flavours and its all delicious, highly recommended and very popular too

The best bit for us after we've finished at 4 is taking 40 odd spaniels down the beach (the volunteers lot) and watch them all having a great time, its quite a sight
rusty268
New Member!
Female 

24-06-2010, 02:57 PM
yeh, theres loads to do , in and around druridge bay

ermmm the agility, just wondering if its a full course, because my dogs a grade 5, so i was wondering whether to bring him to give him a run

yeh i hope the weathers nice, because i'm there with a trade stand.

xxx
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2010, 03:02 PM
the only thing we don't have for the Agility is an A frame, we have a full sized dog walk, tunnel, weaves, long jump and various Jumps. i usually set a pretty simple course for the people who haven't done it before
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >