View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2010, 08:29 PM
Poor little man, least now he will know love and care...Hope they can do something for him...
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2010, 06:58 AM
Oh Liz, that's just heartbreaking. How can anyone turn this beautiful boy away? It's a mystery to me.

Now he's with you he has a great chance at a brilliant future, and I look forward to updates when you can.

x0x
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2010, 02:47 PM
Firstly we would like to thank you all for your good wishes and positive thoughts they are appreciated.

Fudge has now been xrayed by the vets and there is no evidence of a broken jaw, his jaw is however very big, his legs are deformed at the knuckles but again this isn't man made, After extensive examinations of the xrays and Fudge the vet believes that he may have a rare condition related to one of his glands that is causing his bones to grow at an accelerated pace, and this is what is causing him his current problems, We have now authorised blood tests to see if we can confirm this, results will be available in a fortnight, but it's more than likely that further tests will be necessary as they are unlikely to be able to confirm with one test,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, so please keep all your positive thoughts coming as for the forseeable future he will be back at the vets every fortnight so they can monitor his growth, this condition is very rare and the vets have a great deal of interest in it as there is no data available for it. It looks like we're in for a long haul with this special little lad.

In the meantime, we have been assured that he isn't in any pain, and no meds are recommended at this time but if he does show any signs of pain then he will go straight back on to pain killers, and that we can carry on as if he was a normal pup.

so onwards and upwards pack is now at my house for carrying him about, so we will get on with sorting his mental development and leave his physical ones in the safe hands of the professionals.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2010, 02:59 PM
Originally Posted by Lizzy23 View Post
Firstly we would like to thank you all for your good wishes and positive thoughts they are appreciated.

Fudge has now been xrayed by the vets and there is no evidence of a broken jaw, his jaw is however very big, his legs are deformed at the knuckles but again this isn't man made, After extensive examinations of the xrays and Fudge the vet believes that he may have a rare condition related to one of his glands that is causing his bones to grow at an accelerated pace, and this is what is causing him his current problems, We have now authorised blood tests to see if we can confirm this, results will be available in a fortnight, but it's more than likely that further tests will be necessary as they are unlikely to be able to confirm with one test,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, so please keep all your positive thoughts coming as for the forseeable future he will be back at the vets every fortnight so they can monitor his growth, this condition is very rare and the vets have a great deal of interest in it as there is no data available for it. It looks like we're in for a long haul with this special little lad.

In the meantime, we have been assured that he isn't in any pain, and no meds are recommended at this time but if he does show any signs of pain then he will go straight back on to pain killers, and that we can carry on as if he was a normal pup.

so onwards and upwards pack is now at my house for carrying him about, so we will get on with sorting his mental development and leave his physical ones in the safe hands of the professionals.
Fingers crossed the vets can sort out his physical problems..I have every confidence that you will do wonders for his mental development.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2010, 06:50 PM
Thanks for the update, I was wondeirng how the little guy was doing.

He's in the best hands he can be in x
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2010, 07:49 PM
I know you will sort him out mentally, Liz. I hope the vets can sort out his physical problems. I'm delighted to hear he's not in any pain....

x0x
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2010, 08:00 PM
Poor wee soul.

Well done on taking him on, I'm sure he's in the best hands with you and you will do everything you can to help him.

Everything crossed for him that his wee legs can be sorted out to give him a much more comfortable life. Pleased to hear he's not in any pain just now with this though.

He certainly doesn't look mentally scarred though, he looks happy enough!

Anyway, all the best with him and good luck. xx
Bo's mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-04-2010, 08:09 PM
Hope all goes well - do carry on keeping us updated!
MXG
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-04-2010, 08:14 PM
This little chap has landed on his feet being under NESSR's wing. I've heard good stories about you guys!! Well done, fantastic job. Look forward to hearing of his progress.
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2010, 05:31 AM
I thought you may like an update on Fudge we thought we may have to call off his first proper walk yesterday as we had to have him to the vets on Saturday, we think he may have had a growth spurt and his jaw was very swollen and he cried when you touched it, he was running a temp so has been given AB and some metacam to take the pain away, have to say it was heartbreaking seeing the little man in obvious discomfort, but as we had to go up to Cynthia's anyway to take Ellie we thought we would see how he went, was very quiet on the way up and we really didn't think he'd be up for much................... but as with all dogs that see Druridge bay for the first time he was fighting to get out of my arms when he saw the girls having such fun, so we let him, he had a bit of a run, a bit of lead walking and a fair bit of carrying and he loved it, his legs are a lot better today, but if you look closely at some of the photos you can see how big his jaw is. We're really hoping we get his blood test results this week so we can start to sort him out In the meantime enjoy Fudges first walk with the big dogs, i know it made us smile

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >