Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2022, 08:51 AM

Sunny Sunday 27th March

Good morning everyone and Happy Mothers Day

Hope you manage to enjoy the garden again today Kelly

Hope you get the Panda back on Wednesday in full working order Chris

Lovely morning here now. Macaroni cheese made for lunch and some in the freezer an Teazle walked. Plan on having a lazy day today after a hectic one yesterday. Went with Ben and the family to a local adventure playground and then on to a trampoline centre - all for a party for younger birthday. We all enjoyed ourselves until it was time to come home when Ben found he had a puncture in a front tyre. He doesn't have a spare just that stuff you pump in, which didn't work. Took him an hour to get through to the breakdown service and then a long wait until someone came out only to find they had passed on the wrong message and they did not turn up with a vehicle that could tow/lift him home. In the meantime I took three of the girls and Paul back to Ben's and cooked them a late tea. Then I left Paul to sort out getting the two friends back to their parents whilst I went and picked up his wife and eldest. Last I heard he was still waiting for someone to come to him at 10.30 pm. Not a good service so will be writing a complaint to them and I think I will canel my contract when up for renewal and go with someone else.

Hope all are well. Take care.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2022, 11:21 AM
Afternoon Sue
Hope you get spoilt this mother's Day
Oooooo, who are you with?? We are with the rac now and you report stuff through an app, it was the same with the aa.....I preferred the as app as you could stalk the recovery man lol.
Might be worth keeping a compressor in the car, if it's a slow puncture, should be able to get your to a tyre place/ home....might have to stop a couple of times to reinflate. I am currently in the process of changing my dad's tyres on his sports car from run flats, they are expensive, can't be repaired and tbh, a big waste of money.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2022, 11:42 AM
Update so far. The first chap said his inflator was not working so Ben had to wait. The second one inflated the tyre and somehow they had a look and couldn't see any damage so think it may have been let down deliberately. Ben now has to have a new tyre as apparently once you have tried to put the gunk in you cannot drive it legally except to get you home. We are both with Green Flag but I have not had the occasion to use them yet and this was his first attempt Can't say I am impressed with the service!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2022, 11:46 AM
Yep... that's right sue, also you have to drive at a ridiculously slow speed I think with the tyre goo.
Rac were quite good when mum and dad got stuck in Cornwall, the communication was a bit crap...that could have been my dad though lol.....they did however recover the vehicle all the way back here and paid for them to have a taxi which was around £400
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2022, 02:03 PM
Good afternoon all.

Very misty morning here and cold. The type of cold that seeps into your bones

That is appalling service, Sue. We had something similar years ago with the RAC and have never used them since

Apparantly we can expect sleet and hail all day on Thursday. Yuk!!

Gary wanted to have a Dominoes Pizza delivered today despite my objections on cost. However, when I tried to 'phone them, it kept ringing then cutting off so he was left disappointed anyway.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2022, 02:10 PM
Chris, you can usually get a discount code for dominoes....they text me every week lol. Provided you spend a certain amount of money, that's the only way Steve and I can have one...2 large pizzas is about £40 now, I have no clue how people can afford to eat takeaways all the time. Mum got her insurance through compare the meerkat so we get discount at pizza hut and papa John's and some eat in places, when that runs out...I will deffo take out a days travel insurance or something as it doesn't matter how much you spend on the policy.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2022, 02:11 PM
Just looked, if you spend £30 you can get 50% off here with the code FEEDME that was text to me Wednesday.... probably wouldn't be spending £30 on pizza for one person though
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2022, 07:41 PM
Well, mum has had an uneventful time with my dad on holiday....thank god!! My brother has covid but is doing o.k, he has stayed home but not sure how long he will stick to it....I did kind of point out that we all should do the right thing but, as you all know...we are nothing alike and he is very selfish.
Have an appointment with my colorectal surgeon tomorrow morning, not looking forward to it, he will either be telling me to do one or I am going to get scoped from every angle possible lol. My iron stores are fine but I am anaemic again, my reticulocytes are still high so I either have hemolytic anemia or I am bleeding somewhere....sure it will get sorted at some point, I don't want to waste anyone's time but would be nice to get it resolved.
Have enjoyed my time on my own
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2022, 08:01 PM
A quick question: what pet insurance would you recommend?
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2022, 08:42 PM
I have always had petplan, not cheap but have never let me down with a claim.... whatever is chosen, covered for life is a must.... you don't want per condition as if they develop diabetes, arthritis etc at a young age... you will end up standing the cost yourself
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >