Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-02-2009, 09:23 AM

We had a Policeman knock earlier.

Saw him come in the gate and thought whats happened to Michael as he has my car this weekend to move into Emmas. (He decided not to come home after all and give it another try with Emma and move in.)
Apparently there had been a 999 call from our address and when they tried to ring the number back it was engaged.
We said there is only us here and we haven't made any calls so he reckoned there was either a fault on the line or lack of communication there end. When he repeated the telephone number it wasn't ours.
You do hope though that there isn't someone out there in trouble. Must say I heaved a sigh of relief to know all was ok with my Family.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2009, 09:27 AM
Crikey...I can just imagine how you felt, relieved that it wasn't for you but worried about who may have made the call.

I'm so pleased that Michael is giving it a go with Emma, lets hope it was just a bit of panic that caused the split and that they will be very happy together.

Hope your worries are starting to sort themselves out now Lynn xx
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2009, 09:44 AM
Oh my ! So glad he wasn't bringing bad news ( always think that when a copper turns up unannounced) and I hope he finds the house the call did come from!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-02-2009, 12:10 PM
I hope the other call wasn`t urgent!
Adele-84
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-02-2009, 12:12 PM
Its a bit worrying that they cannot even trace a telephone number correctly ?? someone else could have been in big trouble. Good news all is ok for you though
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-02-2009, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Crikey...I can just imagine how you felt, relieved that it wasn't for you but worried about who may have made the call.

I'm so pleased that Michael is giving it a go with Emma, lets hope it was just a bit of panic that caused the split and that they will be very happy together.

Hope your worries are starting to sort themselves out now Lynn xx
Thanks Sheree I am keeping my fingers crossed. We hope it wasn't from someone who needed urgent help/

Originally Posted by MissE View Post
Oh my ! So glad he wasn't bringing bad news ( always think that when a copper turns up unannounced) and I hope he finds the house the call did come from!

We do too and lets hope it wasn't kids mucking about.
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I hope the other call wasn`t urgent!
Hopefully.

Originally Posted by Adele-84 View Post
Its a bit worrying that they cannot even trace a telephone number correctly ?? someone else could have been in big trouble. Good news all is ok for you though
Wonder how often it happens as I said as he was leaving I thought something had happened to my Son who is borrowing my car for moving he replied everyone says that.
Adele-84
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-02-2009, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Wonder how often it happens as I said as he was leaving I thought something had happened to my Son who is borrowing my car for moving he replied everyone says that.
Surley all they have to do is get in touch with telephone company and get the address registered to pay that phone bill?? Its quite shocking that they get that wrong. Like you say how often does that happen? it could put lots of people in danger
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2009, 07:15 AM
Glad to hear your son is trying again.

Wnder who called the police then, hope they didn't have to wait to long to get a response
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2009, 09:28 AM
Good grief!! I can imagine how you felt, thank goodness it was a false alarm, although I hope that there wasn't some out there waiting for them.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2009, 11:25 AM
Glad everything was ok. Its good that the police came out at all...a few years ago i was in a bit of a dire situation (long story!) i called 999 and was unable to speak- i just prayed that they would trace the number and get the police to me- but they didnt-apparently there system automatically cuts calls off if as i found out when i was in court over the same thing) so it doesnt suprise me that they got the wrong house!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >