Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
pam2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-06-2008, 08:46 PM

Rent a Dog

A Glasgow MSP has tabled a motion to ban Flexpetz the dog rental agency from operating here. The company rent out dogs for a few hours or days to well off clients! They say they provide a service for people who would like to have a dog, but don't have the commitment to have one full time!!
Needless to say the idea comes from the USA where the company if going from strength to strength.
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2008, 08:54 PM
Glad to hear they're wanting it banned, I think it's a terrible idea.

Heidi
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2008, 08:57 PM
I knew there was something I meant to post on here! I heard this on the radio whilst on holiday and said to OH what a terrible idea it was!

What kind of life are those poor dogs going to have being pushed from pillar to post every few days? I really hope it does get banned!
stafford
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-06-2008, 09:27 PM
aww those poor dogs.
i really hope it does get banned.
Tye_Bo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-06-2008, 08:54 PM
I'm trying and failing to see a good side to this. In theory if you can't for what ever reason have your own dog then it sounds great but in practise they aren't a product they are an animal - how the heck do they know wether they are coming or going? What if they get abused, hit or neglected all be it in the couple of hours they are rented out? I know you can go to a riding stable and hire out a horse for a couple of hours but this seems different and I can't pinpoint how exactly. Sorry, too much wino and too late at night to make much sense!!
Deedee1321
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-06-2008, 09:03 PM
There was a thread about this a while ago as I think they are operating in London already. I fail to see the positives for the dogs involved. Hope it does get banned.

Deedee x
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2008, 09:12 PM
Originally Posted by Tye_Bo View Post
I know you can go to a riding stable and hire out a horse for a couple of hours but this seems different and I can't pinpoint how exactly. !
I can......... at a stables you are supervised, whereas these poor dogs will be delivered to people to do what they like with before being dumped off again when they've had enough of them

I really hope it does get banned.
Tye_Bo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-06-2008, 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
I can......... at a stables you are supervised, whereas these poor dogs will be delivered to people to do what they like with before being dumped off again when they've had enough of them

I really hope it does get banned.
Sorry I meant the ones where you go out unsupervised but it still seems different.
Deedee1321
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-06-2008, 09:19 PM
Just had a look at their website...costs about £300 a month to walk their dogs (that doesn't include the cost for them dropping them off to you etc)...

Why not just give the money to an animal charity and go to a rescue centre and walk a dog for free...
Tye_Bo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-06-2008, 09:22 PM
Yes there must be loads of rescue centres that are crying out for people to walk and fuss their dogs without the need for creating something like this. Surely that would give you more satisfaction anyway.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >