View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2011, 10:09 AM
Mine are fed at about 9am then again at about 8pm.
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-04-2011, 11:52 AM
Breakfast between 6am and 8am - depending if it's a weekday or weekend

Lunch between 12pm and 1.30pm

Dinner between 6.30pm and 7.30pm

Bedtime biscuit at bedtime usually between 10pm and 11pm

Poppy gets 3 meals a day because it suits her better, we found on 2 meals she suffered with acidy bile in the afternoons, so vet recommended 3 meals.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2011, 11:56 AM
No set time here either, coz I have to feed in relationship to when I walk them, but they always have 3 meals a day. I do that because being large breed dogs they are prone to bloat, but not only that, I've had one with EPI and I know that little and often is much better than spacing meals too far apart (according to my vet it is anyway!), and that doesn't just apply to when they're ill. Some days if I've fed the evening meal early, then they'll get a handful of kibble when I go to bed as well just sothat they have something in their tums overnight.
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-04-2011, 01:28 PM
Toby still gets three meals a day. Breakfast sometime between 6am-9am depending what time we are up, lunch between 12-2pm and dinner anytime after 6pm
rueben
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-04-2011, 06:45 PM
Although it's not set in stone we do have a fairly regular routine. Feeds are twice a day- Morning out between 7am. and 8.30am. approx. then fed at 9am- Afternoon out again between 1pm. and 2.30pm. approx. and fed 6pm. Evening is a short 30min. walk. On the whole this fits in well with our daily routine for exercise and feeding.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2011, 06:52 PM
No set time here
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2011, 07:18 PM
Mine have food down all the time. They usually eat it after a good run.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2011, 12:04 PM
Generally breakfast around 7am and dinner around 6pm. However if he goes on a long evening walk, I also leave min 1 hour between food and walks so he may not get fed until 8pm or so. On weekends he may not get his breakfast until 8am or so. A bit variable, but when I'm at work its usually 7am and 6pm.

Smokeybear - how do you feed raw meals for training? I used to do this with Cain when he was on kibble but found it harder since switching to raw. I mean it's ok if he's having chunks of raw beef or chicken breast but if its like a liver + chicken wings + minced green tripe day, it could be a bit trickier. What sort of food do you hand feed for training? I can seem me getting in a right sloppy mess - is that what happens?!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2011, 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
Smokeybear - how do you feed raw meals for training? I used to do this with Cain when he was on kibble but found it harder since switching to raw. I mean it's ok if he's having chunks of raw beef or chicken breast but if its like a liver + chicken wings + minced green tripe day, it could be a bit trickier. What sort of food do you hand feed for training? I can seem me getting in a right sloppy mess - is that what happens?!
I don't care how messy I get, if it gets the results I want! I avoid using tripe before going to work............. most of my work colleagues would not be able to hack that!

Chicken wings can be cut into smaller bits ( I use secateurs). I tend not to use liver for training except say in a pot for sendaway training (I have LOADS of little pots with clip lids) but I will often cook liver or heart for training; heart is better IMHO than liver as it does not crumble and is not so smelly (I don't want my dogs to smell the liver from outer space).

You just have to be inventive in how you use food, have containers and decide what is more important to you, results, or fragrance!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3