View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2007, 11:42 AM

Eldest just been referred to paediatrician.

Just back from the docs. He has given her iron tablets just in case there is a need . The previous tests showed her to be on the low side of normal.

He has referred her to a paediatrician as he thinks it could be a post viral fatigue reaction. looking back through her records he thinks he may see a pattern of very slow recovery. The hospital will probably test anti-bodies and her immune system. Hopefully it will be soon as we have private health cover( ),one benefit of OH working all hours and away from home.

It would be wonderful if it was before xmas but I reckon that is unlikely.In the meantime it`s just rest and rest until she pulls through.
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2007, 11:48 AM
Fingers crossed for her and a big hug for you
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-12-2007, 11:54 AM
Hope she gets well soon.
A Friend of ours Daughter had something similar many years ago and it took her ages to get well.She is now healthy has two Children and is a childminder and the picture of health.In the end they had to let her ride it through it was a slow process but she got there.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

07-12-2007, 11:56 AM
Oh well Rach. Good that they're still investigating.

Fingers crossed that a more specific diagnosis is around the corner and that the iron tablets give her a wee lift for now.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2007, 12:45 PM
It sounds as if your GP is on the ball. I hope you get an appt through soon and you find out what is happening.

Good luck
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2007, 12:46 PM
Big hugs. xxxxxxxx
zoby
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-12-2007, 02:32 PM
sorry to hear your daughter isnt back to full health yet.
i have m.e. resulting from a virus six years ago, i have also always had low iron levels, one thing about the iron tablets apparently the iron is absorbed better when taken with vitamin C, also B12 can help with iron defficiency.

hopefully the test may show something specific to help. The one thing i have found very helpful (and i have tried every natual and pharamacutial product known to man!) is a graded excerise plan, that is where you might walk for 5 mins every day for 5 days and if that doesnt totally wreck you up it to 10 mins if thats too much back to 7 mins until your body is building up energy at its own pace. it may sound tedious but it feels great to keep a record to see how well you are doing.

One of the reasons i love my dogs so much is that they have gotten me up and out and seem very aware how much i can do Maybe Fudge can help in some way too.

i have always had a slow recovery record and wish that had been investigated at an earlier age - well done you for doing the very best by your daughter, im sure you will get to the bottom of this and she will be back to her (nearly) teenage self again soon
running cloud
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-12-2007, 02:36 PM
I'm sure the hospital will nail the problem and all will be well again. All the best for your small one x
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2007, 02:41 PM
Thanks everyone. I have had loads of support from you all. it`s good to see the power of Dogsey .If it turns out to be chronic fatigue syndrome we will all need patience to find a way of managing this.The real big one is her dancing. She has danced since three and loves it so much. She might have to ease back into it very slowly.