Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-03-2013, 06:24 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Thursday).

Morning all. Had a lie-in today Dillon slept till 18 mins past 5. Gorden got up and I had 5 more mins then got up leisurely.
He is a little unsettled but not as bad as yesterday and the last week or so.
On Tuesday the furry plums go. I am worrying about him already though how will he cope when we leave I just know he is going to make an awful fuss. I am hoping I am going to be wrong about him and will eat my words. Job has to be done though as the experience of all this is certainly doing my nerves no good and it is torture to watch him get into such a state. We are having a bit of pacing and whining today but it is getting less but could be better.
Looks like we may be in for another nice day today or it could end up like yesterday dry but dull. I can do dull as long as there is no snow or rain.

I have had a quick catchup on yesterdays thread and will try to remember as much as I can.
Helena please slow down today.
Pat it feels like you are going to find some inner super strength from somewhere very soon and pick the pool table up and lob it out of the window. Or find some strong hulk to do it for you. I hope the ATM excursion went well and hope you manage an easier day today. You don't want to be worn out for tomorrow.
Jenny I hope is it Rucksack settles soon. Dillon licks the grass at the moment too then marks it.
Lorraine sorry to hear of the trouble with Davie and Sally interesting read about your Grandson. When I grew up we were taught to stand up to bullies and even my boys back in the 80's and early 90's. I don't condone violence of any sort but sometimes these bullies do need putting in their place and the party being picked on I feel gets a raw deal when they do eventually snap and give the bully a whack back and they get into trouble. As said once they realise the person they are picking on can hit as hard or harder they rarely go back for more.
I hope its all sorted satisfactorily for all parties.
Bev I hope Charly arrived safely and that poor coach driver must be on the edge of a nervous breakdown.
I think that's everybody if not apologies and wishing everyone well who may be under the weather or having problems and hoping all doglets are well too.

Will catch you all later.
Stay safe and have a good Thursday.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2013, 06:57 AM
Morning Lynn, morning all,

We have some lying snow. Just a wee bit though.

I'm off to work this morning, but finishing at lunchtime. Getting back for Davie, Brian is going to our friends funeral today.

Today is the start of the Easter holidays looking forward to the break.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2013, 06:59 AM
Morning Lynn and everyone

Glad you got a bit of a lie in this morning there Lynn and I hope Dillon settles for you now and that bloke has long gone with his dog. Good luck for the op next week, I'm sure he will be absolutely fine, it's not as if he's difficult with the vet, so will probably wander off with them without a care in the world, so try not to worry about leaving him there.

Jenny, I just read about your purple boots. I thought the same at first with my green ones I thought they'd stop her circulation being so tight around the leg, but having now used them for a while, there is a knack to getting them on, and Zena still has that leg. The fact that for 3 mornings running now, the boot has come flying off tells me they can't be too tight around that leg, so persevere with them. I find I need two hands to get them over the foot though, so unless I have Dave holding the top half of Zena's leg with the foot dangling free, I have to rest her foot on my knee (I'm on the floor of course), use both hands to stretch it to its fullest point, start at the top of the foot, just like with a baby (not that I've ever had a baby lol!), lay it on there, and with your free fingers, scoop up the foot and pull it underneath. Definitely a knack to getting these things on, and practice makes perfect

Bev, I hope Charly got home at a reasonable hour last night, what a palarva she had with that coach. I do hope you manage to talk her round, cos I think you're gonna regret this house offer if you don't go through with it. There's so much against you staying put and not a lot of the "for", and Charly should see that too in your favour I hope.

Pat, that blooming pool table still there then I thought I read you'd got a buyer for it but E50 less than he wants? Lol at you with that nanny nap yesterday, and yes, you do feel pretty rubbish when you first get up, but give it half an hour and you're away again with a 2nd wind

Taffsmum, lovely pic of the kids with all your cakes yesterday

I'm going to have a quiet(er!) day today, no mad rushing about, I have ample time to do everything to that van when I'm in it week after next cos I haven't actually let it until the end of May like I had planned all along. I doubt that they will have done the door by tomorrow morning anyway, along with the other bits, so Dave won't be signing anything until the jobs are completed, even though they already have his money, this is how they work. It's kind of like, take your money and scarper, but we'll do our best to get what we want out of them.

I'm looking forward to my morning walk, it's a bit dull but dry, and tomorrow when Dave is with me, I will take the camera and show you these fantastic views I get each morning from high up on the cliffs.

Wide awake at 5 am, I'm getting ready for the clock change, is it this week-end? Having 2 magpies nesting right outside my bedroom window in the big, fir tree doesn't help, noisy beggers

I think I'm organised enough to relax today, I even got my wall chart for the new van bookings, my desk is all tidied up instead of looking like a car crash, and all I need to do now is to get my dongle topped up for taking Dave's lappy to the van next week, cos I just can't live without t'internet for 4 days.

Enjoy your day everyone, just think, 4 days off work now, and they've even promised us a bit of sunshine
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2013, 07:13 AM
Grrr first day of school holidays so we get a lie-in, right? Not when Loki has anything to do with it! First he woke us up puking. Then half an hour later, chucking himself around, banging on the radiator and doors just to make enough noise as possible.

Oh yeah, morning everyone.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-03-2013, 07:26 AM
Morning Lynn morning all
Bitterly cold n frosty here
Not been posting a its been all go here
Lynn hopefully things will settle down once Dillon has his plumbs removed ,sounds like your almost there regarding your house going on the market ,you've both worked so hard on it ,hope someone gives you a fantastic offer ,things are moving slowly as there's been a couple of houses sold here this past week ,1of which only been on the market for 2weeks
Helena
Great news re new van ,but do take it easy ,don't want you having a nervous breakdown
Hope everyone is well problems get solved ,poorly get better soon
Been helping daughter n partner move house ,no easy task with a 16month toddler trying to help
Feeling really guilty as turned out OH had pleurisy not man flu
N wasn't getting any sympathy ,when he was feeling so rotten thankfully he's feeling a little better now
The muppets are in fine fettle the girls are both in season so Fritz is out in the kennel poor soul ,still he's being very good about it all ,thankfully there's a enclosed plantation (we're the only ones with access ),so there getting a good run and not upsetting any other dogs
Got a 50th birthday doo at the w/end not sure if we,ll go as it means staying over night ,
Haven't half rambled on this morning sorry folks ,just good to catch up on all the happenings
Do hope all 2n4legged are well ,the weather improves ,the sun shines and everyone has a good day
Take care stay safe xxxxxx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2013, 07:45 AM
Morning Lynn and all,

Charly got home earlier than expected last night. She said the coach driver was marvelous, the way he managed to drive that coach with the gears stuck for a good 8 hrs. It must have been so stressful for him.
Another coach met them when they got back to England but Charly said there was a miserable driver in that one. Probably didn't like being called out.
Tomorrow her and Ash are heading off to Devon until my birthday. It was nice having them both here again last night though and I will make the most of of while I am here today with them.

I will be out for a few hours this morning and work again this afternoon, but it will be the last day and then a long weekend off, although Lily and I are working Easter Sunday and Monday with the greyhound rescue at the All about Dogs Show. They had loads of Bernese there last year Lynn and a Bernese stand almost next to us that was constantly surrounded by them

Oh well better get on and feed Lily and get myself ready to get out.

Have a good day all whatever your plans.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-03-2013, 08:07 AM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
Morning Lynn, morning all,

We have some lying snow. Just a wee bit though.

I'm off to work this morning, but finishing at lunchtime. Getting back for Davie, Brian is going to our friends funeral today.

Today is the start of the Easter holidays looking forward to the break.
Morning Lorraine. Enjoy the half day and the holiday you must be ready for the break now.
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Morning Lynn and everyone

Glad you got a bit of a lie in this morning there Lynn and I hope Dillon settles for you now and that bloke has long gone with his dog. Good luck for the op next week, I'm sure he will be absolutely fine, it's not as if he's difficult with the vet, so will probably wander off with them without a care in the world, so try not to worry about leaving him there.

Jenny, I just read about your purple boots. I thought the same at first with my green ones I thought they'd stop her circulation being so tight around the leg, but having now used them for a while, there is a knack to getting them on, and Zena still has that leg. The fact that for 3 mornings running now, the boot has come flying off tells me they can't be too tight around that leg, so persevere with them. I find I need two hands to get them over the foot though, so unless I have Dave holding the top half of Zena's leg with the foot dangling free, I have to rest her foot on my knee (I'm on the floor of course), use both hands to stretch it to its fullest point, start at the top of the foot, just like with a baby (not that I've ever had a baby lol!), lay it on there, and with your free fingers, scoop up the foot and pull it underneath. Definitely a knack to getting these things on, and practice makes perfect

Bev, I hope Charly got home at a reasonable hour last night, what a palarva she had with that coach. I do hope you manage to talk her round, cos I think you're gonna regret this house offer if you don't go through with it. There's so much against you staying put and not a lot of the "for", and Charly should see that too in your favour I hope.

Pat, that blooming pool table still there then I thought I read you'd got a buyer for it but E50 less than he wants? Lol at you with that nanny nap yesterday, and yes, you do feel pretty rubbish when you first get up, but give it half an hour and you're away again with a 2nd wind

Taffsmum, lovely pic of the kids with all your cakes yesterday

I'm going to have a quiet(er!) day today, no mad rushing about, I have ample time to do everything to that van when I'm in it week after next cos I haven't actually let it until the end of May like I had planned all along. I doubt that they will have done the door by tomorrow morning anyway, along with the other bits, so Dave won't be signing anything until the jobs are completed, even though they already have his money, this is how they work. It's kind of like, take your money and scarper, but we'll do our best to get what we want out of them.

I'm looking forward to my morning walk, it's a bit dull but dry, and tomorrow when Dave is with me, I will take the camera and show you these fantastic views I get each morning from high up on the cliffs.

Wide awake at 5 am, I'm getting ready for the clock change, is it this week-end? Having 2 magpies nesting right outside my bedroom window in the big, fir tree doesn't help, noisy beggers

I think I'm organised enough to relax today, I even got my wall chart for the new van bookings, my desk is all tidied up instead of looking like a car crash, and all I need to do now is to get my dongle topped up for taking Dave's lappy to the van next week, cos I just can't live without t'internet for 4 days.

Enjoy your day everyone, just think, 4 days off work now, and they've even promised us a bit of sunshine
Morning Helena glad to hear you have an easy day planned for today.
We know with you on the case those people at the park will do the jobs they need to do and agreed to do.
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Grrr first day of school holidays so we get a lie-in, right? Not when Loki has anything to do with it! First he woke us up puking. Then half an hour later, chucking himself around, banging on the radiator and doors just to make enough noise as possible.

Oh yeah, morning everyone.
Morning Linda oh no poor you is Loki ok or do you think he is heading for another fit ? Everything crossed he isn't.
I hope you manage to get some rest today not much chance though I would think with the little ones.
Originally Posted by Norma808 View Post
Morning Lynn morning all
Bitterly cold n frosty here
Not been posting a its been all go here
Lynn hopefully things will settle down once Dillon has his plumbs removed ,sounds like your almost there regarding your house going on the market ,you've both worked so hard on it ,hope someone gives you a fantastic offer ,things are moving slowly as there's been a couple of houses sold here this past week ,1of which only been on the market for 2weeks
Helena
Great news re new van ,but do take it easy ,don't want you having a nervous breakdown
Hope everyone is well problems get solved ,poorly get better soon
Been helping daughter n partner move house ,no easy task with a 16month toddler trying to help
Feeling really guilty as turned out OH had pleurisy not man flu
N wasn't getting any sympathy ,when he was feeling so rotten thankfully he's feeling a little better now
The muppets are in fine fettle the girls are both in season so Fritz is out in the kennel poor soul ,still he's being very good about it all ,thankfully there's a enclosed plantation (we're the only ones with access ),so there getting a good run and not upsetting any other dogs
Got a 50th birthday doo at the w/end not sure if we,ll go as it means staying over night ,
Haven't half rambled on this morning sorry folks ,just good to catch up on all the happenings
Do hope all 2n4legged are well ,the weather improves ,the sun shines and everyone has a good day
Take care stay safe xxxxxx
Morning Norma sorry to hear OH was so ill. Houses do seem to be selling so fingers crossed mum's only took a week last year. Gorden wonders if it is because the estate agents now check people have the deposit and the mortgage before an offer is accepted and the house taken off the market.
How do you manage to keep your male sane with your girls in season ?

Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Morning Lynn and all,

Charly got home earlier than expected last night. She said the coach driver was marvelous, the way he managed to drive that coach with the gears stuck for a good 8 hrs. It must have been so stressful for him.
Another coach met them when they got back to England but Charly said there was a miserable driver in that one. Probably didn't like being called out.
Tomorrow her and Ash are heading off to Devon until my birthday. It was nice having them both here again last night though and I will make the most of of while I am here today with them.

I will be out for a few hours this morning and work again this afternoon, but it will be the last day and then a long weekend off, although Lily and I are working Easter Sunday and Monday with the greyhound rescue at the All about Dogs Show. They had loads of Bernese there last year Lynn and a Bernese stand almost next to us that was constantly surrounded by them

Oh well better get on and feed Lily and get myself ready to get out.

Have a good day all whatever your plans.
Morning Bev glad to hear Charly is home safe and made it earlier than everybody thought. Safe journey for her and Ash.
Sounds like Sunday and Monday will be fun I would of considered coming with Dillon but we have to finish all those jobs this weekend and plus he is being a nightmare out and about especially when other dogs are around he is so hyped up at the moment.

Well Dillon got shouted at this morning for his barking in the garden I was just about to bring him in. Not sure which neighbour but the one who rents a room with a window opposite our garden was at his window but window shut.
Oh well he is quiet now but I do worry about the young couple next door with the baby and really hope he isn't disturbing them as he barks if shut in and it takes him a while to settle. I will have to see if I can see Sarah and apologise.
We have been out for a short stroll and he has had some breakfast and is now laying down settled. We will take another stroll later.
Heavy curtains from the living room in the wash and will hopefully be on the line soon.
Have to do some shopping today but Gorden has offered to come when he gets in from school shall I wait or not ? Decisions, decisions.
Answers on a postcard please.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-03-2013, 08:15 AM
Good morning fellow members a lovely sunny morning though still freezing cold.

I am about to start painting the walls in my bedroom and hope to get two coats on today. It is going to be a chilly job with the windows wide open but at least the light is good today.

Linda I do hope Loki settles down again

have a pleasant day everyone.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-03-2013, 08:26 AM
Lynn
Thankfully Fritz is such a easy going dog though he does have his moments ,as long as one stays on top of the situation ,does help having the kennel n run outside ,
If not outside he ,s in his cage (not 24/7 ) n grumbles a bit
The girls are worse ,trying to hump each other
Had a planned litter 5years ago n managed to avoid any accidents since
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2013, 08:33 AM
Good morning Lynn and fellow members,

Lynn - Well done for getting an extra 5 minutes in bed I hope Dillon stops the whining and pacing, it must drive you mad .... not long to go now Rucksack licks/marks exactly as Dillon and come to think of it he was wandering around last night moaning and there was me thinking he had a tummy ache

Norma - I hope you OH is soon back to full fitness ..... can us women ever be blamed for thinking our men have man-flu

Helena - Everything crossed that you really do get a more relaxing day today and nothing comes along to ruin it. Never in a million years would Rucksack put his paw on my leg waiting for me to touch it, let alone put a boot on it ... so when the harvest mites decide to appear this year I will be grabbing some help Enjoy your walk.

L.S. - I hope Loki has a calm day today - I sometimes wonder why we have dogs.

Bev - What a relief that Charly got back earlier than expected after that horrendous journey and she enjoys her holiday in Devon. Will you get a chance to chat to her about the other house before she goes .... I hope so. ((hugs)).

Hello to everyone else I haven't mentioned.

A beautiful sunny morning greeted me when I opened the curtains Until I opened the door to let the dogs out I could almost imagine it being hot out there. The dogs are on good form and as soon as they have re-settled I'll be off to do my food shopping, then walk the dogs etc etc.

See you all later.
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 > Last »