View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
springergirl
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-03-2006, 11:45 AM

ive decided to go for it....(getting a Springer Spaniel)

hi all,

after much deliberating over the last couple of weeks, ive decided i'd like to re-home a rescue springer. i lost my boy in january, and i've been feeling so guilty about wanting another dog so soon. i have been on the english springer rescue web-site every day, and decided that i'd love the opportunity to re-home a rescue dog. just to give it the love, attention and security it needs. i'm pretty sure benson would approve of this, as he never wanted for anything! bless him. i have already been in touch with the english springer rescue, and i am just waiting for a house visit and vet check, then hopefully it will be all systems go! i have had lots of advice of this site, so thanks to everyone for that. it is a personal thing wanting to get another dog after losing one, but i know i'm making the right decision. so wish me luck
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2006, 11:47 AM
That's really good,I am so pleased for you,
I am sure you'll pass the home check with flying colours
Good luck
Sal
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2006, 11:48 AM
aww i wish you all luck in getting new dog fingers crossed it all works out for you,you shouldnt feel guilty about wanting another your giving another love security and a new home where he or she wil be wanted good luck
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2006, 11:51 AM
Loads of luck (not that you'll need it) coming your way. Any springer looking for a loving home will be very very lucky to meet you - let us know when you've found each other xx
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2006, 12:26 PM
Yay well done! I hope you find your perfect friend soon
Also look forward to seeing pics of new aforementioned new friend in his forever home!

x
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2006, 01:00 PM
Good luck. and don't feel quilty about benson, it cos of the love that you had for each other has made you wish for another. Look at it as a tribute to Benson
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2006, 01:30 PM
Aww good luck.

And I agree, you shouldnt feel guilty.

I hope you find the perfect match for you
springergirl
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-03-2006, 01:42 PM
thanks very much everyone for your positive replies! i am very excited at the thought of getting a new mutt! i just hope my girl bronte takes to him or her like she did with benson otherwise it'll just be me and her!!! i never thought i'd be able to re-home a rescue because i work full-time, but the english springer rescue have assured me that although they dont normally re-home to full-time workers, the fact that i already have a dog at home is good, and that i want to re-home a golden oldie! so fingers crossed! x
springergirl
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-03-2006, 01:42 PM
thanks very much toby for your reply....made me cry....! i'm just a big softie when it comes to my doglets!!!
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-03-2006, 02:30 PM
I have everything crossed for you.it is a wonderful feeling to give something to a rescue dog.I have only had Ossie for just over two weeks now and already he is three times the scraggy scruffy half starved thing we bought home.His rear end looks like its going to fall off everytime we talk to him as his tail is a blur.Os is totally besotted with my kids and they with him.So i really hope things work out for you springergirl your new dog will reward your kindness tenfold.Good luck although im sure you won't need it.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >