Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2009, 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
Gah!! Don't tell me that!!

The wounds are small, and don't feel/look particularly deep (4-5 mth old JRT that bit me)

2 punctures on the side of my little finger, graze on the inside of the next finger, and another puncture on the knuckle of my index finger. No swelling, heat as yet, though they hurt when I move my hand.

The only reason I ended up with the spray plaster on is that I had to go to work, and they were still bleeding 15 minutes later
I'm sure you will be fine, mine was a full grown lab and an adult cavalier at the same, i knew it was going to happen but it couldn't be avoided..........don't ask!!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2009, 10:27 AM
Sorry to hear this - I hope NHS Direct have given you some good advice and it heals quickly.

Are you going to have a word with the neighbour?
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2009, 10:45 AM
Panic over....

I have a very up to date tetanus (from last July when I was attacked by wasps)... because the wounds aren't 'open' puncture wounds, and have closed up of their own accord, I've been told to monitor it for a couple of days.

I have a doctors appointment on Friday, just in case...

The neighbour is aware of the bite, as their puppy had got into our garden ( ) and Max and Murphy were on the verge of biting it's head off I picked the puppy up to give it to the neighbour and she bit me (the dog, not the neighbour). Expected in that kind of fraught situation, but it was a 'proper' bite, not a nip.

Vague comments were made about fixing the fence and apologies etc and the puppy in question was locked in a stable with the other dogs.

Of course, I've come off worse as usual. I'm still trying to decide what to do re the fencing (again) to be honest...
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2009, 10:49 AM
Hehe - glad the neighbour didn't bite you!

SOunds like the pup needs some serious socialization and training.............rather than locking in a stable!

Glad wound is going to be ok.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2009, 10:52 AM
I would keep a close eye on it, my vet ended up in hospital after he got bitten.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2009, 10:53 AM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
SOunds like the pup needs some serious socialization and training.............rather than locking in a stable!
Don't even get me going about next door's dogs....
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2009, 11:04 AM
Hope your OK hun, good job your not living here, any wound I get I clean and tip neat salt on......stings like hell, but kills anything. but then I have no faith in my Doctor she once gave me someone else mediacation (another story), I'd sooner pop to Hospital if it warranted it.

Hope your OK, lots of love hun xxxxxxxxxxxx
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

18-02-2009, 11:53 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
I think it would be better left open too.
Phoning NHS direct would be a good idea.
Hope it heals soon.
Agree, NHS Direct will give you the appropriate advice.

Bara has bitten me twice (When younger) broken skin and bit of blood, I just washed it and sprayed it with antiseptic spray. No point going OTT on this.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2009, 12:55 PM
hope the hand heals soon hun

OT but is there any chance you could come to some sort of deal with your neighbour to walk the dogs together, so they get used to one another, that way IF they do get through the fence the situation may be less painful/upsetting for you and yours

did one of your dogs not get hurt the last time?

if they got on ok on a walk then you could let them have a short play in your garden with your lot?
colliemagic
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-02-2009, 01:09 PM
Hope your wound heals ok. I got bitten quite badly and ended up with an open wound on the back of my hand where the skin had ripped when I pulled my hand free! Totally my fault, it was my own dog and he was grumbling at my other dog. I put my hand in front of his face to break eye contact and forget the dog was nearly blind. All he saw was something coming over his head and he naturally went for it!! Wont be doing that again!!

I went to the hospital and they cleaned it up and gave me an anti tetanus shot, it was painful but healed with no problems. Just keep an eye on it in case it becomes infected.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >