Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mrphilip
Dogsey Junior
Male 

20-03-2009, 05:47 PM

In praise of Virgin

All too often on Forums we get complaints about products or services.

Can't say that about Virgin Media our internet SP.

Switched it on this morning and the Internet did not work - so at just after 8.30 I phoned the emergency contact.

We did some checks and I was advised an engineer would need to see it. I was told that they did 4 hour slots - and would I be in from 8 - 12 this morning.

I was - the engineer duly came round and replaced the modem and our internet service was restored before 12 noon.

Could not have wished for better service

Well done Virgin
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-03-2009, 07:36 PM
Have to admit I love our virgin package but their accounts department is poo!!!! Had so many problems with them not taking out direct debit payments and cutting us off! Hopefully this month they might get it right lol
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2009, 12:32 PM
Have to admit that is the very first time I've ever heard anyone say anything good about Virgin.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2009, 12:37 PM
That just would not happen with Sky By the time you get through to a human, its off to the help desk were they talk you through some stuff, then you wait 48 hours for someone to contact you, they dont, so you ring up again and go through the whole proccess again. ad nauseam......
Now on Virgin...no probs
Elaine x
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-03-2009, 12:42 AM
I take it back!!!!!! We have been on the phone today moaning that we aren't getting full broadband speed and been told to keep a record of the speeds we are getting and phone back in 2 days!!!! ....not impressed
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2009, 12:55 AM
I hate them, the phone never works, the TV goes off when there closed and I dont want to talk about the internet
Harleygjc
Dogsey Junior
Male 

23-03-2009, 04:42 PM
I've been with virgin for years and have had problems with them in the past! get this for a joke, I switched from using dial up to bb did the account set up etc and got my activation date and modem etc and..... on the day installed the modem and tried later on to give em chance to start my bb modem wouldn't connect!! phoned and tried to sort it as one does still nothing,, ten days and numerous call later they finally admitted that a thompson modem had been sent out to some people with a kingston driver disc!

It seems that the two were not compatable and caused the invalid username/pw so I had to dl on dialup the thompson driver!!! bah it did my head in!

Now problem two long story short I've been playing everquest2 using my virgin bb for almost five years with no problems. Until last june that is when I had a blockage on my path to the server, after long talks with soe who make everquest2 they said it was most likely virgin's problem!! one that atm I'm still not sure about so I've tried email whi just gives me a auto reply, I even after phoning got told they can't help as they are not a dedicated gaming isp!! weird or what?? and tech support say I need customer serv's and they in turn say I need tech support! arghhhhh! I ended up slamming the phone down once as I was sooo annoyed but I've never been able to reslove this blockage as neither "side" will take responsability or even try to help.
alfmar
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-03-2009, 04:44 PM
i agree we are so quick to moan and don't praise good service enough.
mandy121
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-05-2009, 12:55 PM
ive just gone to virgin and must say bery impressed with the good speeds
DogBoy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

13-05-2009, 01:45 PM
I have to agree, been with them for four years and hardly any downtime at all, in fact i can't fault them at all.